Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love coconut oil! I initially bought it for the health benefits from eating it but now I use it as an occasional moisturiser, for getting rid of red/dry areas and as a lip balm. I put on a tiny amount last night all over my face and today my skin looks so good I could get away with not wearing any foundation!

iTS GREASY RIGHT AT FIRST THEN IT GOES INTO YOUR SKIN RIGHT NICE. I use it only at night thus far. If I had time in am to put lotion on and wait long enough I would might try that actually. I am loving this for alot of things, makeup remover as well.

Nope its not greasy well it is when you first put on, so I put on at night, I believe if I had enough time in am I could put on and use in day, I am going to try timing that in the morning LOL

Just reading through this thread I picked some up at the local Wild Oats Organic grocery store here in Memphis. It was on the same aisle (sp?) as the olive oil. I bought the organic nonrefined stuff. It's in solid form, however, you can just scoop a little out and put it in your palm and it liquifies very quickly. I'm lovin' it, too, even though I've just been using it for a few days. I also bought some in pill form at the GNC for it's "internal" benefits.

yea I picked up something like that in the store only 2day i cant tell any diffrence yet.

how often would you use it? morning and night?

...nvm

how long did it take for your scars to be gone?

and do you think if you stop using it...they'll come back?

i have some acne marks, my dad got me some yesterday. And lets see what magic it does. But i tell you something, when i saw my face in the mirror today, i had this teeny weeny feeling that my acne scars are disappearing :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

got this stuff today! im excited to try it. i also got vitamin e oil, i wanted to get jojoba but didnt want to spend too much when im basically broke.

i love the fact coconut oil is good for you..because my favorite thing ever is coconut. love everything coconut flavored and scented.

im not too crazy about the smell..it smells like coconut..but gross..lol

but my cat LOVES it. was trying to lick it off my face. i hope to wake up tomarrow and see miracles, although im doubting this..

Wow. Well, this stuff is a miracle worker. How come we haven't caught on to this sooner.

Do you have reliable sources or a source to back up these claims? Because writing that it is a barrier to UV rays is not good unless there is a reliable study to back it up

Dear "EmpericalBeauty," I have heard many great things about Coconut Oil but I'm 43 & am sometimes prones to breakouts. Do you really think C. Oil will help me? It sounds like the healing part is great- I'd love to get rid of a few old scars. Also, what strength (or however it's marketed) did you buy it in? (ie: what 's the brand, etc. ) I'd feel a lot safer going with exactly what you bougth then I wouldn't be in for surprises:scared: I really appreciate the suggestion. If you have time, drop me a line so I know exactly what to get. Thanks again, castle queen:laughing:

in just one day the oil seemed to start fading my acne..im gonna use it tonight again and i bet theyll almost be gone tomarrow morning. love it. i really doubt the brand matters, as long as its pure coconut oil..i got mine in the grocery store.

i'm a great fan of natural oils and just got coconut a few days ago. so far i love it. i dont know about fading old acne scars but i think it's a good emolient oil and surprisingly its very light. its 100x better then jojoba which i dont like at all.....i've been using it instead of a night cream and my skin doesnt feel dry in the morning, feels very very soft ...so i guess my verdict is - coconut oil is great:). hope it works for the rest of you ladies (and gents) too

It's been 2 days since I've tried Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil and Im getting a lot of bumpy whiteheads. I'm really scared now. Is my skin just purging?? Should I just keep going and pray? HELP!

Back