Languages you speak

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh sorry I forgot to put the translation, thanks though!!! i mean spasibo!!!:icon_smil

how cool is that!! we find our co-language buddies through this thread!!!

Well, I only speak English fluently, but my parents are Dutch-Indonesian and Dutch is their first language. But when they came to the U.S. they were told by someone that "you're in America now, you should only teach your daughter English." My Mom regrets ever listening to her. I do speak a little Dutch, and I understand it very well. And, I sing Dutch songs to my children every night, too.

My mom has made it her mission to speak Dutch to my children, so that they can learn it fluently. I'm learning more each day, too!

I am not really from Russia itself, just from the former Republic. Pm'ed ya!

i think it's a great idea your Mom has. It never hurts to speak a second language, and to know your roots.

cool thread! i love languages! my sister's a freak about them. she graduated NYU with a degree in linguistics.

native tongue: english

speak fluently: english and albanian. i knew french really well, but don't practice it enough.

want to learn: different dialects in albanian (only know one) and spanish

Native tongue is English and BF and I are start spanish lessons Jan 25 :icon_bigg

Katy you can practice with me hon!

1. What is your native tongue? Indonesian

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Two, English and Japanese only.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? Hmm Italian,Spanish, and ancient Egyptian lol.

:clap That is soo cool! Rosetta Stone is the best and they have different levels that I know you can purchase. I bought Danish language from them last month!

My first language is Turkish and second is English but my English is just about the same now.

I studied Italian language and literature and some Spanish 17-18 years ago when I when to university. Now I can't talk but I still understand some. I also learnt a bit of Danish but forgot most of it so I bought a nice program from Rosetta Stone. I hope to speak much better with that.

I know french & english, but I don't really speak french anymore, not since I got out of school.

Realy Nicole ,..your parent ever try to speak in indonesia language?,..:icon_smil

I know you must be speak in english i realy understand,...I love too speak

in english language they are very lovely langauge ,..Beautiful heart in poem or poetry i love learn this.And I do love Tarzan songs You'l been in my heart

verry warm i feel....:icon_love :icon_bigg

Oh that verry sweet sing a song for your sons,..jelaous,..you such beautiful and verrynice mom,..they lucky have you,...!!:icon_smil

Your mom is lovely person as you,..I am glad have to know about you in here!!:icon_love :icon_love :icon_bigg

Language

Language as your heart

Language as desire

Language as Love

Language as Spirit

Languge as Poison

Suryani

1. Dutch

2. French (Belgium :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), English, and less fluent but still ok: German, Spanish

3. Dunno, first I wanna be good in those languages (number 2) before I start learning other languages!

I am language freak too. My mother tongue is English and that's all I can speak fluently, I also know some Spanish & French too...I'm working on perfecting my those first before I try to learn anymore languages. I would also love learn Japanese, Italian, Portuguese & Creole because I REALLY want to go to Japan, I love the sound of the Italian language, I just think Portuguese is something I should learn and Creole is what they speak in some parts of the Caribbean and where I'm from.

That's cool, I love it when kids speak different languages, it's so cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can never speak too much languages!

1.My mother tongue is Polish

2. I think I can speak fluently only German, English is not anymore so good as it was because I have no real contact with this language in every day life

I used to learn Russian in primary school but forgott already almost everything, pity..:icon_conf

3. I'd like to learn Spanish and Freanch , some of Scanndinavian languages (especially Finnish because it is so complicated but cute) and Swiss dialect that would make my life easier:icon_bigg

My native tongue is English. I took French throughout gradeschool and play with a little Spanish. I would love to learn Italian.

1. What is your native tongue? Spanish

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? I speak English and Spanish fluently, I was born in the Dominican Republic, been in the US since I was 12 yrs old ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I'd love to learn French, Italian & German

my mother tongue is gujarati

i can't speak it fluently, nor can i read or write it - so would love to learn these.

the only langauage i can say i speak fluently is english.

i used to be really good at french when i was in school (many years ago!) and i would love to be able to brush up on this.

the langauage i've always wanted learn is spanish.

I am a norwegian so my motherlanguage is that.I can also understand Swedish and Danish which is almost the same!

I speak english,german and some spanish.

I would like to learn italian and french too because I can understand some and it`s annoying when I can`t respond!!!

Back