Languages you speak

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Native tongue: Finnish

I´m fluent in English and Swedish. I studied Latin and French (both for 3 years) at school but have now forgotten most about them as I don´t need to use them daily. I would like to brush up my French though and learn some Arabic as well.

Yep I'm from Finland. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> My mother language is finnish but I speak english every day now since I live in the US. I'm having tough time with finnish at times when I speak with my relatives, who still live in Finland, since I don't use finnish very often. I also studied swedish and german at school besides english but can't remember much about swedish and german anymore. I can understand some still but can't speak because I haven't used those languages in so many years. I'd like to learn french. It sounds like a such a pretty language but difficult to learn I'm sure.

1. What is your native tongue? English

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Just english fluently... but I know and understand some Italian and some spanish.

My boyfriend and his mother are from Italy so I've caught on to Italian!

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I'd like to learn Italian. I understand what they say sometimes.. but never can answer back.

wow lollipop, thats impressive!

my first language is Hungarian. i Speak Hungarian, Swedish and English fluently, and two thirds of German, as i can speak and understand, but i have grammar mistakes and a small vocabulary. id like to perfect my German, and learn French and maybe latin. i also wanted to learn how to read hieroglyphics, but thats on the shelf for now :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. What is your native tongue? Bahasa Melayu or Malay

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? 2 languages: Malay & English

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? Parsi & Thai.

Parsi - i dont know how to explain it, it sounds mysterious and those rythmic sounds so enchanting :icon_roll to me

Thai - its soft and very nice. And need to master a bit so i could haggle while shopping in Bangkok :icon_lol:

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? 2 but it used to be 3! English, Irish & i used to speak French, Spanish and a little Italian

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? French & Spanish again!

1. What is your native tongue? Greek

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Only English!!:icon_sad:

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? Spanish, and Italian. Spanish because I really like this language and Italian because it would be a very helpful language especially with all these Italian tourists all summer here!!!

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? Fluently, just english. I can say a few things in German and even fewer things in Spanish.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I am currently trying to teach myself, Navajo (Native American) and would also love to learn Spanish. Hopefully once Ken is done teaching himself Cantonese I can pick that up from him too.

Why Navajo? - Ken and I are very into Native American culture and I think it would be fun. But it's SO hard!

Why Spanish? - This one is a double edged sword for me. And I hope I don't offend anyone. But there are way too many people living in the US that do not speak English. It would make my job (both paying and volunteer) a lot easier if I knew Spanish. I'm annoyed that I should have to learn Spanish because I expect people who live in the US should speak English, just like if I moved to Germany (for example) , I should speak German. Just my opinion and again, I'm sorry if this offends anyone.

Why Cantonese? - Ken and I watch a LOT of imported movies and would love to be able to turn off the subtitles and still know what's going on.

1. What is your native tongue? Slovene

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? 4; Slovene, Serbian (my father comes from Serbia), English and German

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I'd like to learn Swedish - I started learning it but gave it up; Italian - because my boyfriend is half Slovene and half Italian; modern Greek - I pick up a few words every time I go to Greece; French - also learned it for about a year and then gave it up

My native tongue is English.

I speak English and Spanish fluently.

The language I would like to learn is Japanese. I like the Japanese culture and would love to travel to Japan someday.

My native tongue is French :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can speak English and German.

I would like to learn Russian because my grandmother comes from Russia, I also would like to learn Spanish because a lot of persons speak this tongue !

1. What is your native tongue? Spanish

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Just english and spanish and some french.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? Id like to take up french again so i can improve on it.

I can only speak English. I have absolutely no ability for language! It took 5 years of French in school before I could hold a basic conversation.

I would like to learn Russian though.

I speak Spanish and English fluently. Spanish is my native language since I'm from Peru.

I studied French when I was in school but I stopped practicing and forgot about it. I know a little Italian and Hindi.

I would like to learn Portuguese because I would like to visit some family in Brazil. :icon_chee

1. What is your native tongue? My native language is English.

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Only English !

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I would love to learn Spanish and Arabic because I am Muslim, so when I pray, I pray, reciting in Arabic. Also, I read my Holy Quran, they have the english version, but I would love to be able to read it in Arabic since the Quran is mainly written in that language.

1. English -kiwi style:clap

2. A bit of MAORI aswell

3, Jap/ Chinesse .... German.... Norwegian (cos my boyfriends familys from there and its would totally impress them and they would love me. hehehe:icon_chee) French and some kind of lost languages. LOL.

1. What is your native tongue?

german

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they?

besides german only english

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

finnish, because i love finland!

*LOOOOL*

1. What is your native tongue? Italian

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they?

I speak Italian, English (not as fluently as I would like) and understand French and Spanish quite well, but I don't speak them :icon_roll

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

German for no particular reason

Back