Languages you speak

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. What is your native tongue?

Cantonese

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they?

Cantonese, my mother tongue...=)

I learned Mandarian in school when I was in China, I used to be able to speak it without any accent...Now without praticing, I am still able to speak, but with cantonese accent in it.....=(

I really want to say English in this column, however I think I still need to improve my English..becoz I have heavy cantonese accent when I speak English.......

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

Japanese - I love the Japanese anime/manga..I wish I can understand it without subtitles one day...

Spanish - can be a big advantange in career in the states I think, because many pple only speak Spanish here....

I am fascinated by the comraderie and love that circles MUT. I have not interacted with so many people from different cultures and countries since my days in college and I miss it terribly. I am also jealous of people who speak more than one language...

I want to know what languages you speak, and if possible, give us one line in your native tongue (or learned language)...Maybe We All Can Learn Something Here!

I'll start... I speak English fluently, took four years of French in school and can barely remember how to ask where the restroom is, and can speak broken pig-latin.

Pig-Latin:

Hetay reakfay howay ventediay hongtays siay a adistsay.

Meaning:

The freak who invented thongs is a sadist.

English.

I took French up to grade 9, but I don't remember any of it really.

I would absolutely love to be able to fluently speak French, Italian, or Spanish.

I can speak English fluently!I also know to speak Tamil(South Indian Language) and lil of Hindi(spoken by many communities in India)...learning German for a week.

Know what ron? I speak Tamil too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it was derived from Sanskrit...I think all the Indian languages were derived from Sanskrit in one way or another.

i speak english and very very VERY poor spanish...

i may take up spanish again but i would love to also learn italian, greek, & hebrew

I speak fleunt English and some Spanish. I can understand more than I can speak it!

For example: Donde es el bano? (Of course I can't make the upside question mark or the tilde that is supposed to go over the n.) That means, where is the bathroom....for you RR.

AAAAHHHHHHH! This is So Cool! Lovely! And thanks for telling me how to get to the restroom....the most important sentence in ANY language. That and "Stop your pit bull from humping my leg."

Does the "i" sound like "eee"...as in Hi (Hee) epdi (epdee) irukka (eerukka)? Or is it a sharp "eye" sound?...as in Hi (Heye) epdi (epdeye) irukka (eyerukka)?

I speak polish and basic level french :icon_chee

Przepraszam, gdzie jest toaleta? means 'excuse me, where is the bathroom?' but english speaking person would probably have trouble pronouncing it cause phonetic system in polish is very different than in english,...

I speak English and Pubjabi and Urdu fluently.

I can speak french conversational and basic spanish.

I'm able to understand Latin to an extent also, though of course being a dead language it isn't spoken.

I want to learn Italian, possibly Japanese also :)

i speak english, icelandic, german, visaya, tagalog and a little spanish (tagalog and visaya are filipino languages)

as for a line:

?A qué hora te levantas? -spanish

Klukkan hvað vaknar þú? -icelandic

Um wieviel Uhr wachst Du auf? -german

Unsang urasa ka momata? -visaya

Anong oras ka gising? -tagalog

The notes in my notebooks are always a mixture of german, english, visaya and icelandic in one sentence, its really funny reading it.

Back