Languages you speak

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in the US for 6 years and most of the time I still think in polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am very attached to my culture though, I read in polish, I attend polish internet forums and I talk to my family and friends in polish... when I think in polish and then speak in english, I cannot really detect actual process of translating, I think it happens so fast in my brain that I cannot "sense" it, but it probably is happening a lot of times, only really fast.

I do think in english sometimes, especially when I hang out a lot with my english speaking friends :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When i'm reading/writing in english, i really think in english. When it comes to spanish, since i'm still learning, i think in portuguese and translate to spanish (the problem is when i translate to spanish and english comes mixed up with it)

I speak:

Malayalam (South Indian) [Fluently]

Tamil (South Indian) [Fluently]

English (fluently)

Swedish (fluently)

Norweigen (very very very similar to Swedish)

Spanish (un poco)

Would love to learn Russian and Arabic, and Gaelic...

Tamil appears to be a very widespread language...I guess millions upon millions of people speak it, huh?

And to anyone out there...my husband wants to know how you say,

"I love you like the moon and stars" in Swedish, Finnish, or Norwegian.

Million of speak Tamil in differnt parts of Asia...

"I love you like the moon and stars"

Swedish: Jag älskar dig som månen och stjärnorna.

Norwergian: Jag elska dig lik måne og stjerner.

Hi,

My motherlanguage is Dutch, And I speak French (Cause I am from Belgium and the teach French from you 10 years untill 18 here) and of course English, though it has been a long time since I wrote it or spoke it.

And German I can speak it fluently, but writing is bad.

So I can say Where is the toilet in different languages:

Dutch:

Waar is het toillet?

French:

Où est la toilette?

German

Who ist die clo/toilette? --- This probably istn't the correct way to spell it

English ;;;;;; you all now that :laughing: :laughing:

I would love to learn some italian, may be someday !!!

Yes they are LOL :laughing:

But It was a silly sentence I took.

I read that you asked if people who have English as their second language, translate it first to their own.

I don't I read it and overtranslate it LOL!

May be it is because I speak English to my dog too lol

Now this may sound that I am a little bit crazy :scream3: , but if you see my dog you'll anderstand !!

:laughing: :satisfied: :scream3: :scream3:

LOL! Back when I was taking French classes I remember a buddy of mine had a green car...I kept calling it "vert"...and he kept asking, in a thick southern accent, "what the heck is a 'vert?' Is that some kind of insult? I also had the problem of mixing English and French together. I don't think my mom knew what I was talking about half the time. So, Ne Parle Pas Francais, je parle englais. And I don't even think I spelled that correctly. LOL LOL LOL!

yeah almost all medical terms are latin or greek based too of course but in my eyes it still doesn´t justify 4 years of learning how to conjugate and declinate in latin :icon_conf

you could just memorize all these words...you don´t need to know any grammar for it. god, latin sucked! LOL

Dang! I forgot about Latin...but, thank goodness I didn't have to take 4 yrs...:eusa_wall: ..it's used in the medical field cause it a dead language and it is supposidly one of the only languages that doesn't have words with double meanings..so there is no mistake.. and thankfully, I just have to write it rather than speak it... :wassatt:

My mother tongue is french, I know a little bit of spanish and started learning german at school (cause I wanted to be a translator since i like languages so much) but german was too complicated so I quit. anyways thats about it.

Bonjour tout le monde, comment allez vous? J'aime bien venir sur ce site internet puisque vous etes tous bien gentils :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cheated and looked in my old French 4 schoolbook....

For All You Slackers Out There...and you know who you are!

In French:

Finissez votre travail.

Means: Finish your work!

Ne perds pas ton temps.

Don't waste your time!

:eusa_naughty: :policeman: :whipping: :stupid:

I would love to be fluent in as many languages as possible. I'd definitely like to learn Korean, since my Aunt is Korean and I love the culture. The Korean population is growing in my area. Also, Hawaiin would be cool to learn. There are only 13 letters in the alphabet, so I can't imagine it would be that hard. I could be totally wrong.

Spanish was fairly easy for me because the vowels only have one sound, but the verb conjugation is what got me.

A = ah

E = eh

I = ee

O = Oh (very short sound)

U = Ooh

From what I understand English is the hardest language to learn as a second langauge. I'm too interested in French, but I can find similarities in Spanish since they are both, among others, based on Latin.

Okay...I am actually going to attempt to translate...tell me how close I am

[cough cough]

Hello world, how is it going? I like this internet site very well since you all have been quite nice.

:patches: :headphonedance: :icon_redf

Am I speaking French yet?

You are probably right..growing up speaking English & Choctaw together..I would have to say that learning to predicate was a lot harder than the Choctaw. LOL

:icon_study: Would you write something in Choctaw? I do not think I have ever heard it spoken or seen it written. How old is that language and where did it originate?

Latest posts

Back