Languages you speak

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) My native language is English.

2) I can speak English and Bangla fluently. I can speak some Spanish, but my Spanish isn't fluent. I can also read/write Arabic.. although that's something I haven't practiced in a long time!

3) I would like to increase my knowledge of Spanish.. I actually am at the mo because in my school we have to take Spanish unless we have a note from our parents.. but why would I do that? Melis got it down: Knowledge is power!

1. What is your native tongue?

French

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they?

French, Chinese (Chui chow) and English.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

I'd love to learn how to speak Mandarin/Cantonese since so many people here speak it and they're surprised when I tell them I don't understand a word of what they are saying :blink: And also Japanese because I love their culture.

Fluently bilingual in Dutch and English

Born in Holland, raised in Holland and Canada

for the rest a little French

and a tiny bit of German (barely) Both languages only learned through school

My native language is Turkish.

I can speak English. It is the international language.

But i always wanted to learn

1-Spanish

2-French

3-German

4-Russian

I like to increase myself...

I love who said Language is love! That is so true! What a great thread!

My native language is California American English,

although my first words were in French (freaked my parents out, LOL)

I used to speak French fluently enough to get mad in it (Dang! I miss those days) and have always loved the language and found it very easy. "Je t'aime, Je t'aime, Je t'aime"..those are the most important words in French for me. He He

I am still learning German, and swear it is the hardest language for me. It is all bass akwards, and I can't master the accent to save the day. "Alles sind kaput. Die Zeitung ist da." which means roughly "everything is f***ed up and you can read about it in the newspaper" ok. not really, but Zeitung does mean newspaper.

I took two years of Japanese because I was bored at my job, and it is easily one of my favorite languages..and it was very easy for me. "Sumimasen"- Excuse me..I hope I spelled that right!

"Watashi no kuruma des"- My car. I also hope I spelled that right!

Languages I would like to learn: more Japanese, Hawaiian (learned a few words!) Swedish...It's that love thing again!..and ancient Egyptian, since my name originally comes from the Egyptian word Shabet..Elisabeth..Shabet. Cartouche, wadjet, I know a couple of words...maybe we could learn together? also any Native American or Native Canadian language.

1. German, though I was born and raised in America. It's what my parents decided to teach me first.

2. English, German, French

3. Japaneese and Punjabi

English and American Sign Language. I want to learn how to speak Spanish and French. . . and Japanese one day!

i can speak English, and understand Cantonese..but i can't seem to speak cantonese anymore.

Currently learning: Sign language (ASL - American Sign Language), and Korean.

I want to learn Japanese

Okay, it's confirmed I have no original thoughts *lmao* Thanks Jennifer! NP with closing the other one, and thanks for bumping this one!

1. What is your native tongue? (Chinese) Cantonese

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Cantonese, Mandarin, Malay, English(still improving), a little bit of Hokian and Hakka(other chinese dialects)

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

Japanese. I like the accent and it's so sweet.

i only speak english. i know very little spanish, wish i knew it and french. we have a lot of hispanics where i live and i also have spanish friends. and french i think just sounds sexy.and would like to know it.

I speak english and french (gettin a bit rusty) and a little bit of Italian.

I like to learn how to speak Italian fluently!

primary language is english (born in the usa)

i learned spanish as a kid from my mom, who was born and raised in El salvador.

she knows spanish fluently, but unfortuantly i don't. i did take two years of it in h.s.

and one year in college.

i would love to learn french, because it seems to be such a polite language. i would

also like to learn arabic because thats what my nationality is

Back