LaurEss new formula and free samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so want to try the new formula! I have 4 full-size pots of the old formula and I love the finish; very natural, not powdery but not shiny either, just perfect! I was wearing Lauress a couple of days ago at the mall and I couldn't stop staring at my face - it looked so flawless (even if it wasn't). The thing is, though, they have the old formula at 50% off (a mere $13 for such top-quality MMU), so I'm more inclined to buy full pots of those. I'd love to see pictures of you gals wearing the new formula, though.

Got my samples today too, and am a little disappointed - I think only two of the four shades are a somewhat close match (Soft neutral and soft tan), the other two are really too light. But even those two ok ones could be a tad darker and won't work when I get a bit of color in the summer. Grrrrr stupid me, should have gotten at least one or two in Radiant rather than all in Soft!!

ETA: I had a question of one of their ingredients, Lauroyl Lysine. ANyone know what that is and does? I haven't seen it in any other MMU as far as I can remember.

^ Here's an explanation straight from Lauren at another MMU board:

"Lauroyl Lysine is derived from an amino acid found naturally in the skin. It is natural and non-animal origin. It helps maintain moisture balance and acts as a skin conditioner. It also helps prevent irritation, is antioxidant, and increases adhesion and makes the foundation last longer. PLUS it is silky smooth which makes it feel wonderful on the skin.

~Lauren"

I just ordered samples. I can't wait! Darn it, you ladies all got me hooked. My face just started getting itchy and I'm wondering if it's the Signature Minerals or if my face is still reeling from the upper lip threading yesterday.

Hey, I happen to appreciate your excessive information :moa:

Thanks for your review, this sounds like exactly the type of foundation I've been wanting. I can't wait to try it out now... too bad it's so expensive! Haha. I'll be kicking myself if I end up loving it.

When I get my samples, I will definitely be posting pictures! Hopefully it'll be soon... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I so want to try the new formula! I have 4 full-size pots of the old formula and I love the finish; very natural, not powdery but not shiny either, just perfect! I was wearing Lauress a couple of days ago at the mall and I couldn't stop staring at my face - it looked so flawless (even if it wasn't). The thing is, though, they have the old formula at 50% off (a mere $13 for such top-quality MMU), so I'm more inclined to buy full pots of those. I'd love to see pictures of you gals wearing the new formula, though.[/quoteWhen I saw the $13 for a full MMU I ended up buying even though I love Lumiere and hadn't tried Lauress yet (Thank goodness Ruby wears my colors) because sometimes you just want something a little different. Plus I am so afraid of missing out on something- I stayed with BE too long- these others are so much better and it's worth to try other brands-- especially since some work better at different times of the year and such. So glad you like it, Aileen, because I've always been pleased with your recs and I was a little scared I'd jumped the gun on ordering the old formula:wassatt:. If I were you, buy up the old and then sample some new (use the code to save on the samples) and it's all good!!!:marchmellow::marchmellow:

Well all this means that now I must buy full sizes even though I've never used LauRess. Now let me sift through the posts again and find a color compatible with my own.

I got my samples yesterday! And I am wearing soft gold right now with their medium finishing touch. Also their divine eyeshadow. And I keep running back to the mirror and I still look great. Except for the horrible scratch on my nose (which is why I have no pictures. Once the scratch heals I will post some) my skin looks flawless. I wish Lauress wasn't so expensive....I am jsut loving this stuff.

Would you say that there is a significant difference between this and any other that you have tried?

Hoozey,I think you'll be happy w/your Lauress, and $13 for a full size is very good! What shade did you buy? I am Radiant Gold and am thinking that I will try the new formula even though I just posted in the "no-buy" thread. $10 off is too good to pass up and I already know the top quality of Lauren's stuff. You gotta try those little lipglosses too-I love them! I have full sizes of Candy and Treasure and the chocolate scent is to die for!

Ruby- I have Treasure and I just LOVE it! I love the frosty-ish shade, it reminds me of my Val lipstick in Bonbon. And since I'm a chocoholic- well, you know why I love the scent!

I'm getting Radiant Gold as well. Can you please let me know your shades in other brands as well so I'd know if I'm picking the right shade? I'm Teporah in Monave, Val 3.0 or 3.5, BE Light 2.0, MACNC30 (for reference). Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Periwinkle-

Treasure and Candy are my faves!!! Haven't tried Val's Bonbon, but it looks pretty on the site.

Here are my shades-

Monave-Hyeyeon

Val-Y2 or W2.75 (but couldn't get a great match)

Lumiere-L-M Gold in both FF and VV

J Lynne- 1.5 (Ivory Golden I think?)

BareFaced Minerals Y4 in Plush Velvet

MAC NC30

Did you order from Lauress yet? Maybe you want to go one shade darker since you are darker than me in Monave, Val? I don't know though, the colors are forgiving for the most part.

I hope this helps!

Aileen (and Ruby)-

I ordered Radiant, Pure, Warm and Soft Gold in the new formula samples. I ALSO ordered Radiant Gold and Pure Gold in the full size old formula- and Summer Tan. I wanted something to mix for my summer color--- I try to get no sun on my face but I do a lot of the yard work (rather do that than cleaning) and want to match my face to the rest. Also got samples of some glows (imagine that, ME buying glow? and of course a few e/s that I had to have.) You two :inlove:

are killing me with the lip products... I love chocolate flavored anything. I am going to wait until I get my order THEN buy more.

I think there is a big difference between the old and new formula. The older formula was more of a matte, the new one is much more luminess - a great glow. I'm really loving it.

Ok, I love Lumiere but want to try samples of Lauress. I tried the old forumula with no luck. Could someone help me with sample choices? Here are my matches:

Lumiere light golden in VV and FF

MAC NC20

Which sample colors should I try? Thanks.

I need help in choices also, I'm a medium beige in Lumiere. By the way, I am so upset I love Lumiere, but lately I'm getting this itching on my face when I use it. I use moisturizer and primer and still!!!

I want to try this new company and see if this makes a difference I also used everyday minerals and felt a little itchy........... :scared:

Back