LaurEss new formula and free samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any update on the foundation?

I love my Milan but all these raves is making me excited..

Parasite Eve,

I say this new Elemental foundation is really sheer coverage. Definitely gives a very natural look but I usually only need to use a tiny bit of Lumiere FF and one or two light layers and this one definitely needed more product per swirl session and more layers to get the coverage I wanted. I did a b/a- page 10 sticky- in this new foundation. I do love the feel- like nothing on your face. I just didn't like having to do so many layers to cover my hyperpigmentation on my forehead. and other flaws.

Aw thanks Dayna! Yup my cousin is now an MMU convert. I gave her my full size pot of Lauress Golden Yellow because the shade is too dark on me but just perfect for her. She also bought a new kabuki brush to go with it, and is excited to try it out for herself. I just hope Lauren ships to the UK because my cousin is based there. I wish I'd get a shipping notice from Lauress soon! I am so impatient, can't wait to get my orders.

Hoozey, your "after" photo is great! I love the look it gives you. I am surprised to hear that it is sheer coverage though, I thought it was supposed to be heavier than her original formula. HAve you tried the original one? How would you compare them? The Treasure gloss looks great too! I still have to order that Pretty in Pink from Milan.

I guess I am basing it on Lumiere FF- I barely use any to get coverage and it seems to give my skin a soft glow, "where did my pores go? look." I had to use quite a bit more Lauresse elemental... that could just be that I am having skin issue- red and flakey due to hair removal.

I bought a full size in the old formula in Radiant Gold and will try that out tomorrow and post. BTW got Summer Tan too and think it will work out brilliantly for summer- may have to mix but still great. I have to say I love the feel of the Elemental... it is seriously light feeling, even for MMU.

Hoozey,

Oh it sounds good! I ordered some samples last week, so they should be here sometime this week I hope. How do you like the glisten? Did you get your Lumiere goodies yet? I am hoping for TODAY!

Hi Ruby!

The Lauresse luminesce were almost like finishing powder feel. So light and soft. They don't give so much glow but I could honestly see these being perfect for those afraid of too much glow or a heavy hand. Also be great to take around as a finishing powder. I actually got three - glow, glisten and lustrous.

Haven't even gotten a shipping notice on the Lumiere- of course the brushes won't be coming soon. I am patiently waiting on the Lumiere stuff that isn't brushes. I have 3 different brush orders- pre-order brushes from a while ago, a kabuki that is on backorder, and more pre-order from last week. Looking forward to the new foundation formula... I loved BE except for the itch (and price) so we'll see... I may have a new HG. I want to hear Lilita's review of Lauress Elemental because she has the Meow experience and says how light that feels.

Dayna- you look absolutely breathtaking in your Lumiere b/a. I love everything, from the foundation to the Treasure lip gloss! The color suits you to a T (and I bet you love the scent and taste too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). I didn't see the foundation as too "light" - but then again I don't know how many layers it took you to achieve that result. Have you tried applying it wet? I applied Lauress wet (the old foundation) on my cousin and it effectively covered her blemishes in one go.

I love the treasure lip gloss, I couldn't have picked a better one if I tried... it was a freebie. :rotfl:

I would say that Lauress elemental is sheer buildable coverage- it's just so undectable on the skin. It definitely doesn't look powdery or chalky. I am going to try using it wet on my problem areas. I find that Lumiere FF doesn't mix with water well. I am so glad I bought some full size of the old formula and probably rank this as my second favorite foundation for my dry skin.

Hoozey, I've been using the Glisten lately too and forgot how light and sheer it is. I've been so into Val's Satin Sun and haven't been using anything else. It really is nice and I think it's a close clone of Monave's Glow. I got my Lumiere order today! Kim is right the Luminess colors are slightly darker than the other formulas. I got samples of L-M Golden and L Golden, and will try them tomorrow. I may end up having to mix them. I also got the new AOC Radiance and it's nice and has a soft sheen. Got 2 of the new blushing bronzers (Spiced Apple and Sugar Berry) and I think they will be really nice too. And lastly the sunkissed bronzer-looks alot like MAD's Sheer Tan, maybe slightly darker. But it's a nice matte look and not obvious at all. I am waiting for those pre-buy brushes too!

I really like the LaurEss, but I can't compare it to their old formula. The only thing is that I actually get a little shiny partway through the day with it -- maybe because I wasn't wearing a finishing powder? I'd probably need to use my Signature Minerals finishing powder so that I have some clay to absorb the shine. The LaurEss feel great on my face, though. I haven't gotten that itchy feeling at all yet and it just wears beautifully.

My Lauress samples have just arrived! I haven't opened the box yet... Can't wait to try these out tonight!

Ruby2 - I ordered Luminesse samples and those same blushing bronzers! How much darker would you say the LM-GOLDEN is? Does it look too dark?

UPDATE

ok, I think LaurEss Elemental is going to be a new HG!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I LOVE it!

Radiant Gold looks like a great match, though I'll have to check again in natural sunlight tomorrow morning to confirm. I also tested Radiant Ivory on my wrist and this looks like it might work too.

I love the coverage - it's perfect, neither too heavy nor too light; maybe comparable to Meow's Flawless Feline formula. Wow... it's nice not to have to mix shades for a change!

Here is a photo (bear in mind it's night time, indoors, with flash) - I applied only one layer wet with my new Philosophy flat top brush and was amazed by the coverage and finish. More importantly I love how it feels - so soft and weightless and doesn't feel dry at all. (Btw, Meow looks a bit "ashy" at first and takes some time to melt into my skin to look good. Interestingly, LaurEss' color shows up perfectly and has a nice warmth)

427891758_1b1089a651_m.jpg

Hoozey - I agree with you - this foundation feels like I am not wearing anything. It's really wonderful. I am now interested in how the Elemental formula compares with the old formula. What do you think? Is he old formula worth trying? How is it different?

Lilita,

I am going to use the old formula today- I'll do a b/a sticky. I have to say that I loved the elemental's feel and how it melds into the skin--- you can't tell there's makeup. I just have this hyperpigmentation (due to hormones and olive/golden skin and sun) and it's difficult to cover. I swear when I was putting on the elemental I kept thinking "Lilita's going to LOVE this- color will be right and the feel is what she loves." :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok you ladies are really making me anxious for my samples of the Elemental foundation to arrive! Lilita, you look fabulous in that photo and it doesn't look like you have anything on at all. Is that the Radiant Gold you are wearing? That is what I have a full size of in the old formula and that's the only sample I ordered of the new one. Yes, I do think the L-M Gold in Luminesse is quite a bit darker than the VV and FF. I also ordered a sample of Light Golden and that looks like it will work for me now, or maybe I'll have to mix them. I'm going to try them later. I just love those blushing bronzers too!

Lillita that foundation looks very natural and sheer on you. Now I will order samples.

My Lauress samples have just arrived! I haven't opened the box yet... Can't wait to try these out tonight!
Ruby2 - I ordered Luminesse samples and those same blushing bronzers! How much darker would you say the LM-GOLDEN is? Does it look too dark?

UPDATE

ok, I think LaurEss Elemental is going to be a new HG!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I LOVE it!

Radiant Gold looks like a great match, though I'll have to check again in natural sunlight tomorrow morning to confirm. I also tested Radiant Ivory on my wrist and this looks like it might work too.

I love the coverage - it's perfect, neither too heavy nor too light; maybe comparable to Meow's Flawless Feline formula. Wow... it's nice not to have to mix shades for a change!

Isn't it great! It's now one of my HGs too. I've been wearing the Soft Gold and Radiant Fawn the Radiant Ivory works well too....I find the colors so forgiving that even though they may not be a spot on match they still look and cover beautifully. Definatly getting the full size of these. I got my SIL hooked on EDM last year, but now she is converting to LaurEss Elemental. Don't you love it when you find an HG!

Lilita- you look so good with Elemental! Don't you love how Lauress feels like there's nothing on your face? I used to run my knuckles along my jawline and I was just amazed at how velvety Lauress felt (and I am talking about the old foundation, what more the new Elemental?). It was the most velvety among all the MMU I've tried, too bad the shade was wrong so I stopped using it (this was around 7 or 8 months ago). I found the Yellows and I found Creamy Yellow still a tad too dark, so I got Radiant Gold. Looking at your picture, though, I'm thinking I should have gotten Delicate Yellow from the old foundation. I am just scared Radiant Gold might be a bit light on me. I am just glad that Lauren is considering bringing back the Yellow line because the yellows I think suit my asian skin best. She is asking for feedback on the Yellows on another board, and if a lot request the Yellows to be brought back, Lauren's gonna do it.

Ah, Hoozey! That's so sweet that you thought of me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MeMaize, I agree with you the colors seem quite forgiving. Which is great for me and my mixed-up undertones. I find that the difference between Radiant ivory & Radiant Gold is very subtle but I prefer to lean towards gold/yellows. Hmmm... the question now is - should I order a full size of L.E.?

Thank you, periwinkle_sky! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You hit the nail on the head there. Yes, "velvety" is a great description! I never tried the old formula and looking at the sale price, it's tempting... Is Radiant Gold the same color in both formulas? Radiant Gold doesn't seem too light in the Elemental formula... It's actually a teeny weeny bit darker than Monave Hyeyeon, so I think it could work for you!

Re: YELLOW shades - I emailed Lauren and also hopes she brings back the yellows! (<-- perkier, more alive than gold, I hope!)

P.S. Still waiting on Milan & Luminesse samples... gee, this is going to be a good mail week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got Radiant gold in both formulas and did B/A sticky in the old formula today. I think the colors are identical. They look different in the photos because today was much gloomier when I took it. I've put them side by side on my hand and can't tell a difference.

What did you order from Milan? I am waiting on my Lumiere and got shipping notice today. :sheep:

Back