LaurEss new formula and free samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Shadowmere because I adore the finish and coverage of Lauress Elemental applied dry. Since I only have the 5 samples of it, which guess what, every last one works for me, talk about versatile. I've read about people having 5 and 6matches in Valerie's but I couldn't see how. Every last Gold that I was given works for me. I guess that's cause the coverage is kind of light and you can layer it.

Holy heck peeps! This Lauress Elemental stuff is just awesome! For the first time in ever I have not had to blot the oil off my face by 10am!

I used the Kick Start primer, two thins layers of the Elemental, and the finishing touch finisher. I can't tell that I'm wearing anything! I mean, I can't even tell that I'm wearing moisturizer. My skin is perfectly soft with very little oilies! Usually by 10am I'm blotting the oilies off and I can feel the layers of moisturizer and makeup on my skin. Today I feel nothing! I was perfectly happy with the Lumiere I was using, and I just bought two big sizes of Lumiere foundation and finishers. But now I'm even more in love with Lauress!

I have enough makeup to last me at least a year! What a dilemma! I want more makeup, but I don't need more! *sigh* You all are a bad influence on me.... But I love it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HI NYL, Lilita, and Peri!

OK Im going for more samples of Lauress if you ladies love this stuff more than Lumiere it must rock. I did really like the Gold and now I'm going for yellows. Thanks ladies for making me over. I really mean it. I have learned so much and get so many complements just from the short time I've been on here. Different foundation really makes a big difference and Ill never go back to MAC or Chanel. No more breakouts or melting mask for me. My skin is so much better since using mineral foundation and I keep getting all of these great new finds from this board. More here than the other boards for sure!

I also meet the nicest people. I even got help to make my own shadow, liner, and AOFC. Please look at the sticky later tonight and look at my pictures of what the girls of this board helped me make over the phone. I'm so proud of my makeup.

I love this place!:rockwoot:

me too!!! i just ordered and received the full size of kick start, foundation, and finishing powder. and with all the other samples from the other places, i have enough to last a year too!

but now i want lauress' yellow shades and i want to try the concealer, corrector, and luminese...

with the other brand of mmu, i like them too but nothing stands out from each other until i tried lauress! that sure feels different - so i'm hooked. i was hoping i'll like the less expensive brands so it'll save me money but no....

lauress is my fav and sure it's pricey, but i figure they do go a long way. and hey, if i was willing to spent $25 on BE before (and they cause irritation for me), i could shell out $22 for Lauress. that's what i tell myself anyway. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

it's sheer, light and stays on all day. the best part? feels like i have no make up on.

Bridge, I am glad you're loving LaurEss! It really is one of my HGs and I can not be more happy than that. It's great that you've decided to stick with MMU. The feel is totally different compared to wearing traditional MU, and the benefits are amazing as well. I also like the fact that dry MMU has an indefinite shelf life, so there's no concern over expiration dates. Will wait for your b/a pics using Lauress!

DymondButterfly and shellie - yup, even if I do two applications of Lauress, I still feel as if I have nothing on. It feels so incredibly light.

Thanks to all of you I found a new foundation that I am in love with. This Elemental is the best I've used. Really good.

I already ordered a full size.

Tried this last night in Soft Gold...almost perfect color match. And for the first time wearing mineral makeup, my skin wasn't super greasy. Usually with my minerals, I am a grease pit by the end of my work shift. With Lauress, I was still a bit oily but not nearly as bad as I usualy am. I'm going to try soft yellow tonight.

I also just placed an order for the Elemental samples...hope they're as good as everyone says. I saw that you mentioned "clearance" stuff, so I checked on that and picked up a couple of e/s and a couple of samples of their glistening lipglosses. They have an e/s colour called "peacock" that looks really pretty...bright blue with gold specks or something like that anyway. Can't wait for my order to arrive! With all these "new" foundation formulas and my new quest to find the perfect foundation with "glowy" properties, I'm going through the craziness of sampling all over again...and I thought I was through with that since I thought Lumiere VV was my new HG, but it just doesn't excite me the way it used to...anyway, thanks for the heads up on the Lauress Elemental girls! will def let y'all know what I think about it.:vogel:

I looked at their color conversion chart to figure out what I would be in the original formula...I use the soft gold in elemental, and I didn't see any matches for it under the original. Anyone have any thoughts on which original shade would be comparable? Soft gold elemental is a medium light, soft gold in original is comparable to subtle in elemental..light. Thanks

It looks like it would be Warm Gold to me, or maybe Pure Gold. You're right Soft Gold isn't listed on the conversion chart. Hrm.

Not specifically. They do carry a nice array of foundation colors from cool tones to warmer tones such as golds and yellows.

Hi NYLatin how are you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do love Lauress but guess what I'm loving more now than even Lauress and Lumiere?

Farris-

Lauress had a full line of colors- definitely try them out. I think they are still doing the free elemental samples. They extended it. It's amazing feeling on the skin. I'd rank it #1 in that respect.

I sampled this in gentle neutral, and it matches well. I think Lauress Elemental is far too sheer for me. I have very uneven skin tone with lots of redness to tone down, and it just did not work for me. It felt great though.

I e-mailed Lauren about this and she told me the Soft Gold in Elemental was filling a gap in the original line. So it doesn't have a comparable. It would be a blend of the original Radiant Gold and Pure Gold.

HTH

Back