LaurEss new formula and free samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lilita-seems like your email (and mine) worked! Lauren's bringing back the Yellows. Yay! And yes she did mention that Radiant Gold is the same in both formulas.

I copy-paste her post:

"Based on the overwhelming response I have received in e-mail and the few posts here, it looks like I will be bringing back the Yellow shades. I had so many people custom blending the Gold and the Yellow that I figured the Yellows must have been too yellow, but I guess not! So watch for the Yellows to make a comeback and the Golds to revert back to the previous shades (Radiant Gold never changed so it will remain the same).

Thank you everyone for the kind e-mails and the helpful posts!

Lauren

LaurEss Cosmetics, Inc"

Hoozey - you look great in both B/A pics though I am biased towards the one on the left maybe because it's a brighter photo. Your skin looks more radiant in that one - though it could be due to the lighting and the lovely blue top :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered 3 samples from Milan - Caprice, Lisette and Amber (the new "asian" colors) and the black gel eyeliner. Hopefully they'll be here soon... I'll let you know how it goes.

periwinkle_Sky - YAY!!!!! (I posted on the MMM forum asking for when the yellows will be available.)

Lilita, you'll have to tell me how the Milan foundations work for you. I just ordered Pretty in Pink, Cotton Candy and Baby Girl blushes and some fragrance dupes. Candace is so nice and easy to work with too!

I liked the elemental better too. It feels/looks so much like real skin vs. skin with makeup. Got to laugh about the top--- it's one of my housewife ones... I think I have paint stains or some kind of stains on it but I was doing housework that day. :add_wegbrech:

Can't wait for your thoughts on the Milan colors! You know if you find a match we will all be scurrying there to buy too.

Hoozey, so loving Lumiere would you strongly recommend trying Elemental?

periwinkle_sky, Hoozey and Ruby2,

I'll keep you ladies posted on my Milan sampling experience! Of course! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess it's what you're looking for. The Elemental is so sheer and really looks like skin, only better, but I still love Lumiere FF because it seems to shrink my pores and just gives me a kind of radiance. If Lauress is still doing the free Sample thing ($10 off- 4 elemental foundations- see beginning of this thread) then you may want to try it just to see. It really feels amazing and is absolutely this no-makeup look (and feel) without all the flaws. I am still looking forward to trying the new Lumiere foundation- got my shipping notice yesterday. I'll let you know.

Hi. New here and just wanted to say that I've ordered twice from Lauress and I love the Elemental Foundation. It is very weightless and doesn't feel as if I'm wearing anything.

My closest match is Soft Fawn, however, I've also tried the Soft Ivory and that one works as well. It looks better on me when I apply it wet.

I also love their eyeshadows. I am in love with Lauress' Radiant e/s. I've been wearing it everyday! I put in more orders for the Elemental samples and some more blushes as well as more eyeshadows. :laughing:

Hello everyone,

How do you figure out what you color is without having to buy tons of different samples/full products? I'm not sure what skin tone I am either, is there an easy way to figure that out?

Thanks

Kris

Put a pure white piece of paper under your wrist. Are your veins green or blue? Does your skin look more yellowish or pinkish in contrast against the white paper? If you have green veins w/ yellowish skin you are warm toned. If your skin is pinkish w/ blue veins then you are cool toned. Sometimes their exists both and this is neutral category.

Aloha,

Totally off topic, but your avatar is mesmerizing. I just sit and stare at it. LOL what is that from?

Thanks Hoozey, you answered the question that I was looking to have answered. :laughing:

Got my Lauress samples the other day and just got a chance to open it. Talk about packaging! Lauren means business!! I was impressed because I know it cost more than $4 to ship all that, compared to Lumiere that charged the same for putting baggies in an envelope and a .39 stamp. So just that LaurEss offered that free sample deal was quite above and beyond and will probably have me as a repeat customer just for that alone.

I really thought Radiant Gold would be a good match because I have similar coloring as Hoozey but I think Subtle Gold is actually better (it's more fair) Rejectstar, I think it'd be a good one for you to try too. I got Sublte Ivory also which is a good match to the paleness of my face but since my neck has yellow in it, I get the face/neck split effect more. Radiant Gold may work if I actually get some sun this summer *gasp* LOL

I'm going to try a full face of Subtle Gold tomorrow and see how it holds up. But I know exactly what you guys were talking about with it being so smooth and soft. That's crazy. It just melts in.

i hope you enjoy it! i certainly did! lauress is great and like you, i love how lauren package her samples! i was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

i'm looking forward to my full size order in a couple of days now.

Yup, Lauren has the best packaging ever. And did you read that nifty brochure? I'll say it again and again, everything looks so professional.

We'd love to see some pics!

I agree 100%. I was surprised by the packaging. LaurEss really puts a lot into the packaging. I love the brochure too.

I hope you like your LaurEss foundation Shadowmere!

Well I've had a couple days to try my samples. And so far I'm in love. I think I might have, just might have, found my HG. I'll try to get some pictures soon! My bf always teases me when he hears that flash go off. "are you taking pictures of yourself again?". LOL

I went ahead and ordered a full size of the old formula since I just don't think I can go wrong here. Also ordered a couple blush samples and a finishing powder. I bought ultramatte as a sample even though it has corn starch in it. I haven't tried anything with that in it yet so I am hoping I don't have a reaction.

I'm really impressed with Elemental though. I've tried applying it wet & dry with a flocked sponge, and with a flat top foundation brush and everything has come out great. I like that there's a teeeny bit of shimmer. Gives it a more lively lift than a plain matte. The texture is just so smooth and melty its amazing. Not powdery at all.

Everything is so professional and impressive. Her prices are a little more than say EDM but you can easily see why and it's worth it - and I really thought EDM was close to HG!

Anyone else try the LaurEss finishing powders? Opinions?

I haven't applied Lauress wet Shadowmere but boy I sure can tell you that I absolutely love the finish and quality of this foundation. I'm referring to the Elemental. Hurry and let me know how the original is so I can get it while the gettin is still good.

Back