Lip Factory March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by babiegurl37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was the woman who received the lipstick for reasons not explained. One female was so upset over it, that she threw a hissy fit on LF's Facebook page. Now, if she was upset, she has a right to express herself. What she didn't have the right to do was use MY NAME in her little beef and I promptly let her know that too. I don't do Facebook drama especially with people I don't know or who don't know what their are talking about. Fight your battles if you must. Just don't put my name in it. Smdh
Oh Facebook... There is always so much drama on FB that I just tend to stay off it. That sucks that she drug you into it, but I'm sure their CS realizes that you didn't have any part of her rant. Some people...

What are these memeboxes that everyone is speaking of? Is it makeup or skincare?
You should try it! If you're into mainly skin care (the off times makeup) then you might like it. However, you have to feel comfortable preordering that far in advance for a box. I would recommend ordering the regular or lucky boxes.

Has anyone been able to make the lip gloss/stain in this month's box to work? I don't want to waste the product but it looks kind of bad on me. Maybe it's just that I don't know how to use it properly. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Spoilers up for April on their Facebook page! This is why I love Lip Factory - an immediate response to my comment on the message. And I'm still waiting for a response to a gazillion emails and tweets from  a certain beauty box, about missing tracking numbers and invalid codes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been able to make the lip gloss/stain in this month's box to work?

I don't want to waste the product but it looks kind of bad on me. Maybe it's just that I don't know how to use it properly.
frown.gif

Nope, it isn't you. I got shade 17 and it looks ghoulish on me. I'm NC37 and can pull off a decent range of shades, but this looks like a metallic reflector on me. Ugh! I'm swapping mine. Or whatever.

Spoilers up for April on their Facebook page! This is why I love Lip Factory - an immediate response to my comment on the message. And I'm still waiting for a response to a gazillion emails and tweets from  a certain beauty box, about missing tracking numbers and invalid codes.
Sweet! Off to view them!

Stepping in.

One of the things that we take pride on here at Makeuptalk is that everyone can typically respect someone else's opinion and even if we disagree normally people just don't bash each other here. There are times though when I or one of my moderators have to step in because it's getting too heated and this is one of those times.

I did have to read the post over on Facebook to understand why that spilled over here. Here's my take on it. What happened at Facebook should have stayed on Facebook and while it did get mentioned here no one here should be fighting and name calling each other. Rule #1: Be polite and respect other members and staff. Blatant mean posts will result in banning of user account and/or ip address. If you disagree with something and you can't be polite in your response do yourself and everyone else a favor - hit the back button because if I or one of my mods have to step in with an official infraction we will. There just is no need to attack each other over anything. Disagree with each other all you want but don't bash each other and don't bait each other.

Did anyone else get the email that they are now selling Teeeze lipsticks? I ordered one. :)

where? I cannot find the teeez on their site.

Quote: Originally Posted by devadorned /img/forum/go_quote.gif

where? I cannot find the teeez on their site.
 Ditto.  And how well do they wear?  Mine was in a shade that made me look like a corpse, so I only applied it once.  I seem to remember it seemed really dry.

They sent me one of the two shades up for sale and I ordered the other :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It would be amazing to pull out that packaging out of your handbag in public and reapply lol. I wish they would stock more colours, though, and allow the points to be redeemed. I have 420-ish points now and they expire in June, but I don't want to redeem them for a box as I'll order the boxes anyway and would rather treat myself to more Teeez.

I have my lipstick in Romantic Red. That's the color they sent since I stated I liked red. The colors that they are selling are a bit lighter. One is awesome orchid and the other is Tempting Pink.

Here's the link:

http://www.lipfactoryinc.com/#!flash-sale/c20d6

Thank you.  I just ordered the Awesome Orchid.  I hope it's a good color match!

Thank you.  I just ordered the Awesome Orchid.  I hope it's a good color match!
I got the Awesome Orchid in last months box. Didn't like it at first because I don't normally wear pinks that bright, but ended up falling in love with it. It helped that my husband complimented it when I wore it as well, ha! Hope you like it!

Oh dear. I hope it isn't too light for me! I chose the darker of the two. I know they said it was to test the demand but they should have added more colors and eye makeup as well :-(

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Awesome Orchid in last months box. Didn't like it at first because I don't normally we at pinks that bright, but ended up falling in love with it. It helped that my husband complimented it when I wore it as well, ha! Hope you like it!

Uh-oh.  I can't pull off bright pinks.  The pic didn't make it look like a bright pink.  It looked like it was a pink with brownish undertones.  Any chance I could talk you into swatching it and posting a picture?

Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh-oh.  I can't pull off bright pinks.  The pic didn't make it look like a bright pink.  It looked like it was a pink with brownish undertones.  Any chance I could talk you into swatching it and posting a picture?
Just looked at the pic on the flash sale, and I don't think it gives a good idea of the color. This is a bright pinky-purpley color. Reminds me of the "Radiant Orchid" color of the year...

Without flash, its the color on the far left.  With Flash its the color on the far right.

Back