Lip Factory March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USPS First Class international allows tracking only within the US. Some countries let you track it further on the local postal service if they have a tie-up, but mine does not. As a rule, boxes arrive within 5-6 business days of "departing sorting facility". Mine left on the 17th which means it arrives on Monday!!

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  USPS First Class international allows tracking only within the US. Some countries let you track it further on the local postal service if they have a tie-up, but mine does not. As a rule, boxes arrive within 5-6 business days of "departing sorting facility". Mine left on the 17th which means it arrives on Monday!!
Thanks very much for letting me know! Then I hope mine will be at my place at the beginning of the week too
biggrin.gif

Got my box today and I was just as underwhelmed in person as I was when I saw the spoilers. Oh well, this was my last month with Lip Factory anyway. Just with this box had been as good as the past lip boxes I have seen. 

Anyone have any pics of March's box?? Im a new subscriber, and will be getting my box in April , so I'm curious too see March's box

So I finally got my box! Unfortunately, I must say I'm as unimpressed with it as I was before just looking at the pics. I really wanted to love it, but no... Not this time. In fact, I've already decided to drop this sub as I think nothing will ever appeal to me much after getting accustomed to Memeboxes. They're just so good, nothing compares to them in my opinion. And I've already spent so much money on so many future boxes, I should really stop!

However, I got a little welcome gift (Starlooks eyeshadow) with a hand written note and it got me to warm up to them more. So I'm still deliberating about keeping it a bit longer.

I was subbed to Lip Factory for three months and never got a "welcome" gift Not that I need any more stuff, but it doesn't sounds like they send them out on a consistant basis.
icon_neutral.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I finally got my box! Unfortunately, I must say I'm as unimpressed with it as I was before just looking at the pics. I really wanted to love it, but no... Not this time. In fact, I've already decided to drop this sub as I think nothing will ever appeal to me much after getting accustomed to Memeboxes. They're just so good, nothing compares to them in my opinion. And I've already spent so much money on so many future boxes, I should really stop!

However, I got a little welcome gift (Starlooks eyeshadow) with a hand written note and it got me to warm up to them more. So I'm still deliberating about keeping it a bit longer.
You aren't kidding about Meme Box! They are so addictive. It's pretty much the only box I really, really look forward to every time its on the way.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was subbed to Lip Factory for three months and never got a "welcome" gift Not that I need any more stuff, but it doesn't sounds like they send them out on a consistant basis.
icon_neutral.gif

This is my first month and I didn't get a welcome gift either.. what the heck??!!!??  =(

Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month and I didn't get a welcome gift either.. what the heck??!!!??  =(
I don't know really... One girl apparently got even a Teeze lipstick and a lip pencil (unless it wasn't a welcome gift but sth else). Maybe they give them out randomly or maybe it's because I kept pestering them about sending my box late LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You aren't kidding about Meme Box! They are so addictive. It's pretty much the only box I really, really look forward to every time its on the way.
Exactly, I got so hooked up on them, it's pretty hard to get me interested in anything else. But I've decided to keep Lip Factory for a little longer.

I'm gutted. My box arrived today and the lip balms are the only thing I can use. ALL the colour products look godawful on me. I suppose it was my fault for telling them to send me lighter shades - I was sick of getting fuchsias and deep berries and wanted medium pinks/dusty rose/corals, but these are way too pale and wash me out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm NC37 and look like a ghoul in these shades. I'm off to change my profile right now.

Got my box last night and canceled this morning. I just have too much stuff at this point and their inconsistency is getting to me. I still think they are a great value and may resub in the future, but for now I bid farewell! I will still be super jelly of all future boxes I'm sure and will still lurk the new threads lol.

Got my box last night and canceled this morning. I just have too much stuff at this point and their inconsistency is getting to me. I still think they are a great value and may resub in the future, but for now I bid farewell! I will still be super jelly of all future boxes I'm sure and will still lurk the new threads lol.
I'm feeling a bit overloaded as well (both products and bills). This month's box was definitely not my favorite but I would still love to see next month's box (my birthday month). Afterwards, just like many of you ladies, I need to reevaluate my situation. To me this is not a bad subscription and I agree with dosedingin that it is a great value. However, I had so much fun jumping in on the hype with preordering so many Memeboxes. I've ordered most of the versions and sometimes even multiples. Lol now that my credit card bill came and well, it's not as fun. So I may also need to drop a subscription. Also, I really need to use up all my products first. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This wouldn't be the issue if memebox wasn't introduced in my life!

I don't know really... One girl apparently got even a Teeze lipstick and a lip pencil (unless it wasn't a welcome gift but sth else). Maybe they give them out randomly or maybe it's because I kept pestering them about sending my box late LOL
I was the woman who received the lipstick for reasons not explained. One female was so upset over it, that she threw a hissy fit on LF's Facebook page. Now, if she was upset, she has a right to express herself. What she didn't have the right to do was use MY NAME in her little beef and I promptly let her know that too. I don't do Facebook drama especially with people I don't know or who don't know what their are talking about. Fight your battles if you must. Just don't put my name in it. Smdh

Quote: Originally Posted by babiegurl37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was the woman who received the lipstick for reasons not explained. One female was so upset over it, that she threw a hissy fit on LF's Facebook page. Now, if she was upset, she has a right to express herself. What she didn't have the right to do was use MY NAME in her little beef and I promptly let her know that too. I don't do Facebook drama especially with people I don't know or who don't know what their are talking about. Fight your battles if you must. Just don't put my name in it. Smdh
Lol you're not alone. I know a couple of people who got an extra Teeez lipstick this month, but that's because the colour in the previous box didn't match their profile or something. Even I have got an extra ColorU lipstick early last year because the colour I first got was nothing like what I had written in my profile. And I got a Medusa lipstick replaced twice after it broke in transit both times (think melty-squishy breakage), as also a Manic Panic Mascara.

Of course, Lip Factory are intelligent enough to know there are people who will squeal "colour un-match" just to get an extra, so I believe they really look at the profile, and if you've said brights-only and then didn't like a neon they sent you, they'll know it.

But people should ideally email them privately rather than post on Facebook, IMHO. It works better for all concerned. I keep my Facebook interaction with them to the minimum, sharing reviews or liking statuses. They reply to emails very promptly, unlike some beauty boxes, and try to solve the issues. I wrote on Facebook about the Medusa breaking and didn't hear back, so I emailed and got a reply in an hour. That way, there is also far less drama for the world to see.

Right, that post is way too long and I need to plan my Friday night makeup lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by babiegurl37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I know, there was all that fuss about it. I never wanted to give anyone trouble by writing I got something extra and I really think it's always better to keep some stuff private.

Back