Lip Factory March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My biggest issue with lip Factory is that since I've joined, I went from getting my boxes around the 15th,to getting them around the 25th (and continues to delay 1-2 days further than the month prior). I don't know why it's changed but I feel like they might be spreading themselves thin with growth and allowing customization.

I have also noticed that t seems like more and more people are having issues on their Facebook page with not getting their packages when expected, not getting responses to their emails and not getting the promised replacement items the following month.  It is making me wonder about the stability of the company.  They seem to be at a minimum poorly managed.  And it is possible they are floundering.  But that is just my perception.  I could be totally off base.

And then my Feb box, which was the third in a row that I was completely disappointed in, arrived on Fri afternoon.  By Saturday morning I had been charged for March.  I didn't even have 24 hours to decide if I wanted to continue for another month.

Quote: Originally Posted by mooreeeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a second Instagram pic that shows a different shade of gloss
smile.gif

I like the pink shades more but still quite disappointed - two clear lip balms and not a single lipstick... Maybe I shouldn't moan even before I got my box but I was so excited for the first all lips box and now, oh well, it's not at all what I had expected
frown.gif

I guess I'll give them another go next month though.

I like the pink shades more but still quite disappointed - two clear lip balms and not a single lipstick... Maybe I shouldn't moan even before I got my box but I was so excited for the first all lips box and now, oh well, it's not at all what I had expected :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess I'll give them another go next month though.
I know you signed up the week of shipping but they may of had time to modify to your profile so call this a spare month. You should really only make a decision after getting a minimum of 3-4 boxes if it's for you or not for you. One box is not enough to prove if it is , isn't a good sub. Like I say if you had received the last 4 months you would of been wow. The all lips boxes should be counted as an limited edition box really. After reading up on the products they seem more interesting than the pictures proves really. As for gloss you never know you may of had a swap . So I would count this as not a regular month box and think of starting your thoughts from next month

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know you signed up the week of shipping but they may of had time to modify to your profile so call this a spare month. You should really only make a decision after getting a minimum of 3-4 boxes if it's for you or not for you. One box is not enough to prove if it is , isn't a good sub. Like I say if you had received the last 4 months you would of been wow. The all lips boxes should be counted as an limited edition box really. After reading up on the products they seem more interesting than the pictures proves really. As for gloss you never know you may of had a swap . So I would count this as not a regular month box and think of starting your thoughts from next month
You're definately right, I'm not saying it's a bad sub at all, because I haven't even received the box yet. It's just what you're saying - when I looked at the pics of boxes from previous months, I was like: wow, they look great. This one just doesn't seem to have this wow effect for me.

But I agree that it'll probably take a bit of time before they adapt my boxes to my profile and I do intend to give them a chance. I just can't help feeling a bit disappointed and $32 is not that little in Polish realities so I hope I'll be soon getting boxes I really like because I can't afford a few month of experiments I'm afraid. I know there's always this risk with subs so I'll just quit complaining, try to be happy with this box and start hoping for sth really nice next month
smile.gif

Can someone pretty please post those box pics from Instagram?  I'm dying to know what you girls are talking about and I hate not having that visual part. I don't have Instagram and I heard there is a way to view pictures on their site without creating an account but I don't know how.  Thanks so much!

Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Can someone pretty please post those box pics from Instagram?  I'm dying to know what you girls are talking about and I hate not having that visual part. I don't have Instagram and I heard there is a way to view pictures on their site without creating an account but I don't know how.  Thanks so much!
 Try this link: http://statigr.am/tag/lipfactory/

Thank you so much!  I have to say honestly I'm a bit disappointed in what I see so far.  I would have loved to see more fun colors.  I am not a fan of anything neutral or clear colored.  I noted this in my profile so hopefully they will take that in account. This is my first Lip Factory box and after months of debating, I finally gave it a shot because of the all lips products this month.  Hopefully I'll like it a lot better once it's in my hands but first I need that darn shipping notification..!!  =)

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really hope I may get a bit different selection because I'm definately a colorful lipsticks person and I did specify it in my profile so maybe they'll take it into account. It's hard to judge this box so far as there's only one pic but it doesn't look very exciting. Well, I guess we'll need to wait for other pics and for our boxes to see if there's any variety.

I agree that Teez looked gorgeous and also Medusa lipsticks in the last all lips box. I was generally hoping for lots of lipsticks and chubby lip pencils...

@Paulina PS I still have my Medusa's Makeup lipstick from the last all lips box if you are interested.  The color is Rio.  PM me if you are interested in it.

Also, thanks for posting the instagram link.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My biggest issue with lip Factory is that since I've joined, I went from getting my boxes around the 15th,to getting them around the 25th (and continues to delay 1-2 days further than the month prior). I don't know why it's changed but I feel like they might be spreading themselves thin with growth and allowing customization.
Exactly! I am an international customer and I used to get my boxes by the 15th of the month. I got the February box on March 2 and the March box has not left the US yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess I'm very lucky, this will be my 14th box and I haven't had a dud box yet. (knock wood) This month was another winner, the colors I received suited me perfectly and the two highest cost items were exactly the color choices I would have made for myself. Retail value for this box  $68.89

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   I guess I'm very lucky, this will be my 14th box and I haven't had a dud box yet. (knock wood) This month was another winner, the colors I received suited me perfectly and the two highest cost items were exactly the color choices I would have made for myself. Retail value for this box  $68.89
Glad to hear that, I hope I'll be happy with my first box and the boxes to follow. Can you post a picture btw?

I'm pretty happy with my box. I have a ton of Mirenesse lip bombs already, but they sent me a lovely deep sparkly pink I didn't have already.  I don't really mind the two clear lip balms, I always lose them, so i'll keep one on my desk at work and one in my purse.

Hi! This is what I received in my first box from the lip factory: Jesse girl vitamin E treatment Iip brush Jesse Girl Red lip pencil Ellovi Lip Butter Teeeze Lipstick in Romantic Red Cargo cosmetics Lip Quad Mirenesse Lip Bomb I love it!

Oooh, I like the color of that lipstick! What color was your Lip Bomb?

Quote:

Originally Posted by babiegurl37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi!

This is what I received in my first box from the lip factory:

Jesse girl vitamin E treatment
Iip brush
Jesse Girl Red lip pencil
Ellovi Lip Butter
Teeeze Lipstick in Romantic Red
Cargo cosmetics Lip Quad
Mirenesse Lip Bomb

I love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by babiegurl37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi!

This is what I received in my first box from the lip factory:

Jesse girl vitamin E treatment
Iip brush
Jesse Girl Red lip pencil
Ellovi Lip Butter
Teeeze Lipstick in Romantic Red
Cargo cosmetics Lip Quad
Mirenesse Lip Bomb

I love it!
what the heck?  how did you get the extra teeze and lip brush???  jealous!!

Great box!! Welcome to the lip factory family :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi! This is what I received in my first box from the lip factory: Jesse girl vitamin E treatment Iip brush Jesse Girl Red lip pencil Ellovi Lip Butter Teeeze Lipstick in Romantic Red Cargo cosmetics Lip Quad Mirenesse Lip Bomb I love it!

Thanks! As far as the lip brush and Teeeze Lipstick, those were bonuses for me. The color of the lip gloss was a light pink.

Quote: Originally Posted by babiegurl37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! As far as the lip brush and Teeeze Lipstick, those were bonuses for me.

The color of the lip gloss was a light pink.
Lovely box!  I love that they sent you a Teeeze lipstick as a bonus - my joining bonuses were an Essence eyeshadow and a sharpener but that was back in November!

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Lovely box!  I love that they sent you a Teeeze lipstick as a bonus - my joining bonuses were an Essence eyeshadow and a sharpener but that was back in November!
So everyone gets a joining bonus or is it given to chosen people or on some special conditions? I'm curious because I also joined this month but I don't want to get my hopes too high
wink.gif

Back