Lip Factory March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. There's a beauty profile that customers have to complete. The company does try to tailor to the specifications detailed in the profile.

I find that this company has the best customer service and tries their best to accommodate to their customers' needs.

If you don't like bright colors then just make a comment to indicate that you only want neutrals in the comment section located at the bottom of the profile (or email them). Do note that they offer products for the whole face but just a main focus on lips. If you want neutral eyes but bright lips, then indicate that. Or if you hate red lips let them know. Be detailed.

I've read on a blog that someone doesn't wear glosses so Lip Factory tries to only send them lipsticks. I personally never requested that but you can also try and email them to see if they'll make that arrangement for you too.

For the most part, the colors worked well for me. I've read on Facebook that if a specific product really didn't work for you, you could try contacting them for an replacement.

Give it a try! Enjoy your boxes!
That was me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't want to sign up at first because of the "lip" in the name and I had visions of me binning all the glosses, but I shot off an email anyway and they agreed to help out for now. That said, when there is a gloss stain or a really pigmented gloss, they've said they would like to send it - the sheerer ones or the slippery, non-lasting ones are a no-no, that's all. Incidentally, I had also said in my profile that I hate false eyelashes, so they sent me a retractable blush brush instead of falsies last month!

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That was me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't want to sign up at first because of the "lip" in the name and I had visions of me binning all the glosses, but I shot off an email anyway and they agreed to help out for now. That said, when there is a gloss stain or a really pigmented gloss, they've said they would like to send it - the sheerer ones or the slippery, non-lasting ones are a no-no, that's all. Incidentally, I had also said in my profile that I hate false eyelashes, so they sent me a retractable blush brush instead of falsies last month!
i have also rejigged my profile and also added no false lashes, and i would like no pink eyeshadows, i also emailed them as i had asked if purple lip eye products come up if possible i could receive them as in the uk its a no go.they added it to my notes and profile for me, and said they would for sure pack me some purples when the chance comes up. I'm really happy  with they way they look after you,

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

March boxes up on Instagram already looks great.
Don't know if I should look but mine hasn't even shipped yet and I'm beginning to worry
frown.gif
I don't thnik I'll manage to be so patient that I won't check the box up here or on Insta.

So of course I couldn't stop myself and looked at Instagram and I'm quite disappointed... I hope I'll get a bit different selection.

I'm beginning to think I might like the regular boxes with a mix of products better too... Oh well, I'll need to give them another chance next month then. Although I'm still a bit disappointed because the last all lips box looked so much better to me. Anyway, I don't want to judge it before I get my box because I'm hoping for some different products and shades in mine.

I'm beginning to think I might like the regular boxes with a mix of products better too... Oh well, I'll need to give them another chance next month then. Although I'm still a bit disappointed because the last all lips box looked so much better to me. Anyway, I don't want to judge it before I get my box because I'm hoping for some different products and shades in mine.
Oh no! Sorry to hear. Hope next month's box will be better for you. I also peeked. I got somewhat the same reaction as you. I am only truly excited for two of the items. I agree that the last couple of all lips boxes excited me more. Oh well, I guess I was spoiled with the Teeez Comestics products from the last couple of months. Gorgeous packaging.

Oh no! Sorry to hear. Hope next month's box will be better for you.

I also peeked. I got somewhat the same reaction as you. I am only truly excited for two of the items. I agree that the last couple of all lips boxes excited me more.

Oh well, I guess I was spoiled with the Teeez Comestics products from the last couple of months. Gorgeous packaging.
I really hope I may get a bit different selection because I'm definately a colorful lipsticks person and I did specify it in my profile so maybe they'll take it into account. It's hard to judge this box so far as there's only one pic but it doesn't look very exciting. Well, I guess we'll need to wait for other pics and for our boxes to see if there's any variety.

I agree that Teez looked gorgeous and also Medusa lipsticks in the last all lips box. I was generally hoping for lots of lipsticks and chubby lip pencils...

Lol that was me (kind of still am) but instead with lip glosses. Most of my life I enjoy using glosses and tints. I haven't made any special requests from Lip Factory yet (besides color choices because I can't pull off Barbie pink). This is mainly because it forces me to incorporate lipsticks into my routine. I find, my for life, that sometimes lipsticks are better for certain functions and for work. Although my first love would still be gloss :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I should also request for no falsies. I have too many. Not to mention, I'm terrible at application. I purchased so many cheap ones from onedollareyelashes.com last year. Still haven't used them all. By the way, thanks for your hard work. I like reading your blog.

Lol that was me (kind of still am) but instead with lip glosses. Most of my life I enjoy using glosses and tints.

I haven't made any special requests from Lip Factory yet (besides color choices because I can't pull off Barbie pink). This is mainly because it forces me to incorporate lipsticks into my routine. I find, my for life, that sometimes lipsticks are better for certain functions and for work. Although my first love would still be gloss
smile.gif

I should also request for no falsies. I have too many. Not to mention, I'm terrible at application. I purchased so many cheap ones from onedollareyelashes.com last year. Still haven't used them all.

By the way, thanks for your hard work. I like reading your blog.
I'm not too excited by this box either - I usually LOVE the all-lips boxes, they really help increase my lipstick collection. I was hoping to see Cargo lipsticks, a lip primer from some brand, lip scrub as we enter spring, to get rid of the flakies and maybe a lovely lip tint like Lollitint (wishful thinking). Let's see if the colours are good and how pigmented everything is.

Thanks so much @Cola - that's so kind of you to say and it made my day!

I received my box today! Everything is the same in mine as the one on Instagram except my Cargo palette is all shades of pink (love!) and my pencil is pink.

I wonder if it's a matter of price point of the selected products. The first all lips box contained more quantity but lesser valued brands/items. November's box contained fewer quantities than the first box but had unique brands like Medusa. Trying to be optimistic, maybe this box contained the featured product which has a higher value and/or cost to them. Lol I don't know, this is just my own opinion. This box is definitely worth the price I paid though. One of the products already exceeded the cost of the box (although I wouldn't spend that much for it)! Oh well, I'm still looking forward to next month!

I received my box today! Everything is the same in mine as the one on Instagram except my Cargo palette is all shades of pink (love!) and my pencil is pink.
Thanks for sharing! Your post made me more optimistic. I hope I get pink shades as well. The color of the gloss, in the Instagram photo, doesn't really suit me.

Thanks for sharing! Your post made me more optimistic. I hope I get pink shades as well. The color of the gloss, in the Instagram photo, doesn't really suit me.
I got the same shade in the gloss as pictured on Instagram...

The first two instagram pics were enough to make me cancel my subscription today.  When I canceled I saw I had paid a total of $176 to Lip Factory since July.  So I went through the boxes to see what my return was like by totaling up the value of the items I have actually been able to use.  My value was only about 40% of what I had paid.  Seeing two clear balms this month reassured me I did the right thing by canceling.   (And yes, I had tried specifying what colors work for me etc.  For some reason my customer service experience has been the exact opposite of what everyone else says they have had.)  What had been my favorite sub, has been the first to go.

Oh well, I guess I was spoiled with the Teeez Comestics products from the last couple of months. Gorgeous packaging.

You aren't joking! Their packaging is soooo pretty! That lip stick from last month is one of my staples now.

Wish I had done that :/ I didn't realize how customizable Lip Factory could be until after last month. 

I'm not too excited by this box either - I usually LOVE the all-lips boxes, they really help increase my lipstick collection. I was hoping to see Cargo lipsticks, a lip primer from some brand, lip scrub as we enter spring, to get rid of the flakies and maybe a lovely lip tint like Lollitint (wishful thinking). Let's see if the colours are good and how pigmented everything is.

Thanks so much @Cola - that's so kind of you to say and it made my day!

You just described what I was really hoping for with this box. I love lip colors, but I also want to try lip products like primers and scrubs. I'm a bit disappointed in this box, mostly because of the two products that are basically the same thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The first two instagram pics were enough to make me cancel my subscription today.  When I canceled I saw I had paid a total of $176 to Lip Factory since July.  So I went through the boxes to see what my return was like by totaling up the value of the items I have actually been able to use.  My value was only about 40% of what I had paid.  Seeing two clear balms this month reassured me I did the right thing by canceling.   (And yes, I had tried specifying what colors work for me etc.  For some reason my customer service experience has been the exact opposite of what everyone else says they have had.)  What had been my favorite sub, has been the first to go.
This is the same reason that I am cancelling as well. I like the box in theory but the value for me just isn't there. I've traded more items than I use and when I see that happening, it's time to go :/ 

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You aren't joking! Their packaging is soooo pretty! That lip stick from last month is one of my staples now.

Wish I had done that :/ I didn't realize how customizable Lip Factory could be until after last month. 

You just described what I was really hoping for with this box. I love lip colors, but I also want to try lip products like primers and scrubs. I'm a bit disappointed in this box, mostly because of the two products that are basically the same thing.

This is the same reason that I am cancelling as well. I like the box in theory but the value for me just isn't there. I've traded more items than I use and when I see that happening, it's time to go :/ 
I feel every sub I join, goes downhill, but then gets better.  I'm going to give this one, one more month since this is my first and see what happens.  I have a hard time quitting lol

My biggest issue with lip Factory is that since I've joined, I went from getting my boxes around the 15th,to getting them around the 25th (and continues to delay 1-2 days further than the month prior). I don't know why it's changed but I feel like they might be spreading themselves thin with growth and allowing customization.

Back