Lip Factory November 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box came today and I am in love! 
wub.gif

• Medusa's Makeup Lipstick in Baroque - Love! Formula feels really nice and the color is gorgeous!
  • Medusa's Makeup Lipgloss in Gossip - Love! A beautiful and fun iridescent violet. Reminds me of my favorite UD Asphyxia eyeshadow. Love the formula!
  • Palladio Herbal Lipstick in Petal Pink - It's a bit too light and frosty for me but I might be able to layer it with another lippie to make it work.
  • Designer Skin Lip Shimmer in BoBerry - The same super sticky formula that all gloss pens seem to have. Love the color though!
  • Model Co Lip Couture Lipstick in Luella - LOVE!! The formula is amazing, the color is gorgeous and perfect for the season. My favorite!

Top to bottom: BoBerry, Gossip, Petal Pink, Luella, Baroque

Awesome box!

Box arrived today.

I got the Meduse gloss in gossip, the palladio lipstick in petal pink, the lip shimmer in bo berry, the model co in sunset, and the medusa lipstick in red square. the medusa lipstick got twisted within the tube so the top of the lipstick got smashed into the cap. I love the tube. It's still useable but... has anyone tried their customer service before?

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Box arrived today.

I got the Meduse gloss in gossip, the palladio lipstick in petal pink, the lip shimmer in bo berry, the model co in sunset, and the medusa lipstick in red square. the medusa lipstick got twisted within the tube so the top of the lipstick got smashed into the cap. I love the tube. It's still useable but... has anyone tried their customer service before?
Same thing happened to me. I posted on their facebook page and they sent me an email within 6 hours.  It's probably easier for them if you email them directly, but they are going to send me a replacement lippie.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Same thing happened to me. I posted on their facebook page and they sent me an email within 6 hours.  It's probably easier for them if you email them directly, but they are going to send me a replacement lippie.
Just e-mailed them so hopefully I'll hear back as quickly as you did!

Ok I got my box today. I actually like the colors. I haven't swatches yet. Deciding if I will keep everything. Medusa lipstick in Lolita- an earth red Model co lipstick- Luella another earthy color Medusa lip gloss- talk talk shimmery burnt reddish Palladio- juniper Designer skin lip shimmer- plum enticing Retractable lip pencil Unfortunately my pencil is broken. It doesn't retract and I can't get the brush up. So, I will call their customer service on tomorrow.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I got my box today. I actually like the colors. I haven't swatches yet. Deciding if I will keep everything.

Medusa lipstick in Lolita- an earth red
Model co lipstick- Luella another earthy color
Medusa lip gloss- talk talk shimmery burnt reddish
Palladio- juniper
Designer skin lip shimmer- plum enticing
Retractable lip pencil

Unfortunately my pencil is broken. It doesn't retract and I can't get the brush up. So, I will call their customer service on tomorrow.
You have to put the cap on the bottom.There's a thingy in the tip that pushes the brush out.  It took me a few minutes to figure out how it worked. 

You have to put the cap on the bottom.There's a thingy in the tip that pushes the brush out.  It took me a few minutes to figure out how it worked. 
Thanks for the tip. It works and throwing in makeup bag.

Got my first lipfactory box today.

MODEL Co. Lip Couture Lipstick in Tango (nice red color) Medusa's Makeup Lipstick in Skid Row (i really don't like this shade :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) Palladio Herbal Lipstick in Wine Shine (i like this as well) Designer Skin-Fall Lip Shimmer (too glossy) Medusa's Makeup Lipgloss in Temptation (again, whats with this shade?) Retractable Lip Brush (i like)
Overall, I wasn't blown away by it. I  adjusted my Lip Factory Profile right away bc I don't want to receive half the shades I got in this box again. Hopefully next month will be better for me! Enjoy your lippies girls :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box~

Medusa lipstick - Skid RowModel co lipstick - Luella Medusa lip gloss - Bite MePalladio - Silver RoseDesigner Skin Lip Shimmer - Hottie TottieLip Brush

Got my first lipfactory box today.
MODEL Co. Lip Couture Lipstick in Tango (nice red color) Medusa's Makeup Lipstick in Skid Row (i really don't like this shade :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) Palladio Herbal Lipstick in Wine Shine (i like this as well) Designer Skin-Fall Lip Shimmer (too glossy) Medusa's Makeup Lipgloss in Temptation (again, whats with this shade?) Retractable Lip Brush (i like)
Overall, I wasn't blown away by it. I  adjusted my Lip Factory Profile right away bc I don't want to receive half the shades I got in this box again. Hopefully next month will be better for me! Enjoy your lippies girls :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That sucks... I hate when you cant use most ofthe bag.. I hope you get a nice box next time

Finally got my box today!  Excited about most of it, terrified by one item, bummed about not getting a certain color variation on another.

I got:

Designer Skin Fall Lip Shimmer - Hottie TottieModelCo.Lip Couture Lipstick - LuellaMedusa's Makeup Lipstick - RioMedusa's Makeup Lipgloss - Talk TalkPalladio Herbal Lipstick - JuniperBlack Retractable Lip Brush

I have to admit, as pretty as the Medusa's Makeup lipgloss talk talk is, I am really bummed that I didn't get one of the purples (Rumors, Whispers, or Gossip).  Also, Medusa's Makeup lipstick in Rio is terrifying for me.  An orange lipstick on my fair skin, what a disaster!

Anyone want to trade for one of the purple lipglosses?  Also, anyone want my orange lipstick?

I think i am going to cancel after the New Year. I am just curious to see if they will do anything special for the holidays. I still have my last month box untouched and now this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Finally got my box today!  Excited about most of it, terrified by one item, bummed about not getting a certain color variation on another.

I got:

Designer Skin Fall Lip Shimmer - Hottie TottieModelCo.Lip Couture Lipstick - LuellaMedusa's Makeup Lipstick - RioMedusa's Makeup Lipgloss - Talk TalkPalladio Herbal Lipstick - JuniperBlack Retractable Lip Brush

I have to admit, as pretty as the Medusa's Makeup lipgloss talk talk is, I am really bummed that I didn't get one of the purples (Rumors, Whispers, or Gossip).  Also, Medusa's Makeup lipstick in Rio is terrifying for me.  An orange lipstick on my fair skin, what a disaster!

Anyone want to trade for one of the purple lipglosses?  Also, anyone want my orange lipstick?
I'll take your orange lipstick!!! Message me and we can work out a trade.  Everyone's boxes look so awesome.  I am so envious!!!!

I am SOOO unbelievably disappointed with my box. It was my first and I was so excited it was an all lip box so I could get really awesome colored lipsticks.  The lip shimmer is "mocha' which is nude on me, the medusa gloss is a purple/pink called Smooch which I like but don't love,  Model Co is "Dusk" which is again, nude on me and the two other lipsticks are like Barbie pink. It's a horrible pink!!!  Medusa color is "Miami" and it looks truly pink but when swatched on my hand has some purple in it. But it still looks way too pink on my lips.  The Palladio is "Petal Pink" which is a light shimmery but still really pink.  I am so disappointed.  

i need to go to Lip Factory and redo my profile.  they already deducted the money for December's box so I want to make sure I don't get another disappointing box.  

So here's what I got:

Medusa Makeup lipsticks in Baroque and Skid Row
Model Co lipstick in Luella (too dark for me, so gave it to my Mum)
Palladio lipstick in Chianti (scary-gothic dark for me and anyone I know)
Designer Skin lip shimmer in berry (clear and doesn't show up)
Retractable lip brush
While I love getting so many lipsticks, I hate that I can use only two ones and the lip brush from this box.
The Skid Row lipstick was broken on arrival, which means I can use only one lipstick. I've emailed them with pictures and they said on Facebook that they would check my email but there has been no response. I'm a little worried now.

I had my profile set to dusty pinks/mild-to-medium shades and it usually works for me, but this time it hasn't :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So here's what I got:

Retractable lip brush
While I love getting so many lipsticks, I hate that I can use only two ones and the lip brush from this box.
The Skid Row lipstick was broken on arrival, which means I can use only one lipstick. I've emailed them with pictures and they said on Facebook that they would check my email but there has been no response. I'm a little worried now.

I had my profile set to dusty pinks/mild-to-medium shades and it usually works for me, but this time it hasn't :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a problem a few months back with a broken mascara wand. I emailed photos. I was promised a replacement and then crickets. I followed up weeks later (I forgot) and someone took care of it ASAP. Takeaway: they may be swamped right after boxes ship, new online portal, etc. You can keep trying. They do answer eventually and take care of things.

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So here's what I got:

Retractable lip brush

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had a problem a few months back with a broken mascara wand. I emailed photos. I was promised a replacement and then crickets. I followed up weeks later (I forgot) and someone took care of it ASAP. Takeaway: they may be swamped right after boxes ship, new online portal, etc. You can keep trying. They do answer eventually and take care of things.

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Model Co in Luella broke when I tried to put it on the first time.  I emailed them Thrursday, they responded quickly asking for a pic, which I emailed Friday evening.  I haven't heard back yet, but it is the weekend, so I don't expect to.  I'll give them a few days and see what happens.  Especially with the holiday and all.

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Model Co in Luella broke when I tried to put it on the first time.  I emailed them Thrursday, they responded quickly asking for a pic, which I emailed Friday evening.  I haven't heard back yet, but it is the weekend, so I don't expect to.  I'll give them a few days and see what happens.  Especially with the holiday and all.
They've said on Facebook that she (Laurie?) was rushed to the hospital, so they haven't been able to check messages. I hope she's okay.

Back