Little Lace Box December / Holiday Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my box and canceled it. The gloves that I was most looking forward too are a little tight to get on my hand and around my wrist. I still think the picture frame looks cheap, but thank goodness I got the verbena candle instead of lavender. I don't like gold jewelry though and dislike pearls too. I just think there's been a change in whose curating the boxes and the quality/type of items they include. If you look at last years compared to June through December's boxes of this year, there's been a big change in curation. I loved last year's through April 2015; but since then I've pretty much hated every box. I stayed because I was locked in at the $40/rate. I also got My Texas Market box today, and it was like how Little Lace Box used to be. Everything was individually wrapped, included handwritten card, super fun to open. And everything made locally in Texas. 

Hmmm. I am still waiting on my first box.  That's interesting though. I don't know the history on the other boxes. 

Random question, but does anyone know if annual subscriptions automatically renew?

I love this month's box. I do agree with those who've commented that the curation seems to have changes somewhat. However, I've been subscribed since Feb. of this year and have loved every box, except for October's. So I don't think I really mind the possible change in curators.

This month's box reflects the LLB box I signed up for, quality, perspective, elegance, and femininity.

Fingerless gloves: I recieved the grey ( which coincidently matches perfectly with my popsugar pompom hat from January and my krochet kids scarf from my December Birchbox :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I loved these gloves, they are on trend, the chunky knit is comfy and the woody button is a great touch

Picture frame: I recieved the version that has the tighter scrolling with tiny flowers. Again, the detailing is amazing. That might be what I like the best about items included in LLB. The details are so wonderful.

Tibetan Goji eye cream: OMG. I have been in search for a good eye cream for the past six months. I tried benefit's It's Potent, which smells like vodka and made my under eye area darker. I then tried a purlisse cream, which didn't do much. But I noticed a difference with this one on the fist use. And it soaks right into my skin, instead of sitting on top of it.

Lavender candle: very beautiful, and smells divine.

Travel candle: I think the tie in with the illustration displaying the fox and the rose, the two best friends of the little prince, is very precious. Again, such attention to detail.

Pearl necklace: when I first saw it I was not impressed. But when I put it on, I realized how wonderful a necklace it is, such a big pearl. I also love the tiny pearl in the back.

Luggage tag: mine has a interesting illustration of a bumble bee, with a turquoise background. It's adorable and will definitely help to spot luggage at the airport, as some ladies have already mentioned. I also appreciate that it's made out of such a sturdy plastic and can be used many times.

I love this candle, big and elegant, smells great too. Finally finished "Produce" one from Popsugar, which my husband didn't like (mason jar). This one is much more his taste. Will be perfect for our little come together New Year party this evening.

I'm going to use the pearl necklace and bracelet too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just realized yesterday that I still didn't use my voucher for olive oil / balsamic vinegar and canvas print! I always waiting to the last moment! And I will not be surprised if it's too late now. I hate this side of me, should make it my New Year resolution. Never wait to the last moment, do today not "tomorrow" :-/

I'm late, but I thought this was a nice box. The picture frame is just my style, the candles both smell great. I like the necklace and am working on figuring out how to style the necklace. I like it layered with the pearl necklace from last December.

I already had fingerless gloves, and got black, which is the same color I already own, so I gifted them to my mom at Christmas (so happy the box arrived before Christmas!) and she loved them, so yay!

Oh, and I got my framed canvas and it was really nice quality. I gave it as a gift to my inlaws for Christmas, but I was really bummed I couldn't keep it when I saw how well it had turned out!

Back