Little Lace Box May Surprise & June 2015 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today as well with the turquoise ring. Ditto on everyone's comments saying they haven't taken it off. It's one of my fave pieces of jewelry I have ever gotten from a sub.

However, I am looking to sell the hat (brown tweed with dark brown strap) and the scarf. I have too many of these kinds of items and not sure that I want to put them up for swap.

Value on scarf says $45.99 and value of the hat is  $27.99.

(removed)

If this isn't allowed, please delete the post. I just realized this as I'm writing it that it may not be allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today too and while it IS a good box, there's not much in it that I'm going to get use out of personally.  The sugar scrub is good... the nail polish...well I own several hundred bottles - (I'm one of the people mentioned in the letter) - and this one just isn't my color... the ring is totally not my style and doesn't fit at all on any finger...the scarf is awesome (it's 100% silk and feels SOOOO nice... I don't wear scarves but I'll find another use for it!) and the hat is just meh.  I'm not a hat wearing person and the one hat I do own is already a summer hat that I hardly ever wear.  Looking forward to August's box but sad there's no mention of it in the letter.....

Every single item from my box is up for swap at MSA. Under SJ. My hat is black and white, ring has the amethyst stone and my nail polish is in starlet. I was really disappointed in this box. The fact that they use their own products is disappointing to me. I joined just to get rid of it. I will say it's a thoughtful curation but just not for me.

Is there a list of ingredients on the scrubs?

It says the scrub is vegan, yet one of them is oatmeal milk and honey....vegans don't use honey...or milk... Hopefully those are just added scents and not actual ingredients!!

I'm going to be a voice of dissent here and say that I really love this box. My ring is turquoise and fits perfectly on my middle finger. The stone is scraped up though from where it got slid into the metal.. not really that big a deal but I wouldn't have picked this one at the store. I'm not sure about the hat yet. It's different from anything I own, I may or may not get use out of it. Perhaps I'll keep it in my car for an emergency. I don't really care either way about the sugar scrub except I wish it was alchohol free. The nail polish is pretty. I LOVE the scarf. All in all, this box was a hit with me!

This box is a hit for me too. I love the curation; everything fits together. I got the amethyst ring and lighter nail polish, and that's perfect for me. And the white and black hat, which is super dramatic. Funny because that's not really my style, but I tried it on and it made me smile, so I'm going to find ways to wear it. And I have a million scarves, but none with these colors, so I just spent a few minutes on Pinterest trying to find a way to tie a scarf for summer (it's super hot here).

Anyway, the ring is my favorite thing. So cool and pretty.

Wow. I really hated this box. I wrote a whole long, blistering review that I just accidentally erased. Probably for the best.  I don't fear being Vadered, because I'm about to go cancel this sub, but it was pretty mean.

I stand behind my statement, however, that this looks exactly like what I would expect a 74 year old to pack in her big straw bag to take with her on a gambling cruise to nowhere out of Ft. Lauderdale. With a cute ring to give her granddaughter. Although I guess I'm too old to appreciate the normcore trend, which I'm guessing this is? Either way, will be listing a complete box with the amethyst ring on MSA tomorrow for anyone who did like it.

Wow. I really hated this box. I wrote a whole long, blistering review that I just accidentally erased. Probably for the best.  I don't fear being Vadered, because I'm about to go cancel this sub, but it was pretty mean.

I stand behind my statement, however, that this looks exactly like what I would expect a 74 year old to pack in her big straw bag to take with her on a gambling cruise to nowhere out of Ft. Lauderdale. With a cute ring to give her granddaughter. Although I guess I'm too old to appreciate the normcore trend, which I'm guessing this is? Either way, will be listing a complete box with the amethyst ring on MSA tomorrow for anyone who did like it.
LMAO. I think you nailed it. To me, this looks like a box Blanche and Dorothy would fight over. I had to google "normcore", the nail polish colors fit. 

idk, maybe it's a regional thing. Where I live no one wears hats like that, or scarves.  

This is a box that some people love and others don't, that's the chance you take with boxes like this, and frankly it's part of the fun. 

@@TreatChoself, It isn't poor taste. It is wisdom. It is equally important to wear a wide brimmed hat if you are under 74. The biggest brimmed hat and the biggest sunglasses you can find. 

Ironically, I'm a young(ish) melanoma survivor and about the biggest proponent for massive hats, UPF clothing, obscure Japanese sunscreens, giant sunglasses and even parasols you will find. I just hate this particular style of hat because exposing your scalp, a very common site for skin cancers because it is difficult to protect, to UV rays completely defeats the purpose of wearing a giant hat. Also: I find the style hideous, but I realize that is personal taste.

My bigger issue with this box is that it was billed as luxe, hard to find products from up and coming designers. In this box we have: a hat from a huge company (a good company, I own several of their hats, but it is in no way up and coming or hard to find), a ring from another large company that is stocked just about everywhere and has been in numerous recent sub boxes, a scarf that as far as I can see is a no-name item they had made for them, I'm assuming abroad (to be fair, I didn't unwrap it so I'm unsure about that one), and a scrub they also made in-house. The nail polish is the only item that fulfills what I though was their original mission statement, albeit in an incredibly boring color (I got the nude version) and from a company that they've just recently featured (I do LOVE the LucyB perfume I have).  Anyway, I'm glad people did love this box. I seem to be in the tiny minority and I hope you all continue to get boxes you love - I'm just done.

I received my box today and it was spoiler free for me (YAY!) but I'm a little underwhelmed by the contents. Mostly because these items just aren't 100% my taste but I also feel like this box is reminiscent of the old Social Bliss sub - mainly because I received one of these hats and a similar scarf and similar ring from that sub, all items that I still have. It just makes these items feel a little less unique/special for me.
This was exactly what I was thinking when I opened the box; it reminded me of Social Bliss. The only items I'll be keeping are the ring and the scrub. I think I'll give it one more box and then decide whether to cancel or not.

I still haven't received my box yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's touring the capitol apparently. I was supposed to get it yesterday but it just left MD this morning, so maybe Saturday I'll get it. Little miffed about shipping this time, but can't say I'm anxious to get the box, I don't wear scarves, hats, gold jewelry or nude nail polish. Only thing I'm hoping is that I don't get the peach body scrub. I am disappointed in this box, I canceled a bunch of boxes but LLB was one of the ones I kept. Lately thought it seems it hasn't been so great, though I did really like April's box. June has been fairly disappointing in sub boxes for me this month starting with Birchbox, Glossybox, Boxycharm and Lip Monthly. 

Ugh! So frustrated! It took 3 days for my box to leave Florida. Last night it arrived in California. Too bad I live in Wisconsin!!

I love llb, but this box is a total miss for me. I'm not even going to take the hat or scarf out of the plastic. The scarf colors are so bright, just no. I finally remembered what the hat reminded me of. My mom (RIP) used to wear a hat just like this when she worked in the garden.... back in the 80's. This is the second nude polish I received this month (thank you Glossybox). I got the scrub in Lollabambooza. I have no idea what the scent is supposed to be, but it's like a super sweet strong perfume. I would have loved any of the other scents. This item disappoints me the most cause I was already prepared to dislike the others. The ring is cute. I got the amethyst. Honestly, I would have preferred it without the stone. And a coupon code would have been nice. I ended up spending $60 at Kitch last night to mask my disappointment over this box.  

I got my box today after it was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. I got the black and white striped hat, which I hate, I'm sorry. Thanks to the picture all I see is Leslie Mann in it, whom I love, but she's 15 yrs older than me. Seriously reminds me of something grandmas would wear going to Atlantic City or something. How many 20 somethings are wearing the hat? The scarf, while pretty colors I don't use them and the sugar scrub I was praying for the oatmeal honey and of course get the peach scent. I had a lot higher expectations for 'up and coming designers', not two things made specifically for LLB or jewelry we just got in the February box. I love my earrings from the February box, and this ring is nice, but it's gold which I never wear. Interested to see what the next box brings. 

I was so disappointed because the June boxes were sold out when I tried to sign up, but now I'm really glad I didn't get one.  The theme seemed so promising, but it turned out to not be my style at all.  I guess maybe LLL isn't for me.  I've looked at reviews of the previous boxes and a few of the items have been amazing, but not enough to justify subscribing.

Gosh...it must be so difficult to try to pick out things that a majority of your ladies will like....so much is subjective!  I love scarfs, but square, silk scarfs are a little matronly to me....and the hat is just so not my thing.  The other three items would have been hits with me, but I did not enjoy the scent of the scrub, the ring was sadly too big for my freakishly small fingers (but I really did like the style!) and the nailpolish was ok.   I decided to try and sell the whole thing.  I do love LLB and am def not giving up as I usually enjoy their boxes tremendously. 

Lol, I think I'm the only one who absolutely adores the scarf. I'm a huge scarf person. I'm prone to sore throats and laryngitis. So I have to keep my neck protected in the winter and in freezing AC. I actually started signing up for subscription boxes because they seemed to include lots of scarves ( and candles). I had signed up for a few since January and was thrilled to finally recieve a scarf! And it's 100% silk

Back