Little Lace Box October *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a different note, I bet there is a LLB Body Spray or Body Oil in this one to go with the shea butter and body scrub! LOL!

I just got my shipping notice too, can't wait to see what's in the box. I pray it's something good, last box was a fail for me. I think if there's a LLB body spray or something I'll lose my mind lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  I just got my shipping notice too, can't wait to see what's in the box. I pray it's something good, last box was a fail for me. I think if there's a LLB body spray or something I'll lose my mind lol. 
I always say 3rd time is a charm!!!!  This could be the 3rd box w/ LLB item in it!!! Most of the boxes are a hit with me, the items have been different from other boxes, plus no spoilers really, so fun to open!  I have a weakness for spoilers.  My flowers that I ordered were wilted after a few days and some of the edges were a little dark on the roses.  But it was an ok box.  I love fresh flowers!

Got my shipping notice today too! Fingers crossed that I'll get the box on/by Saturday.

I that my favorite curations have been ones with a tight theme (like Nonna's kitchen - I loved that box) and Downton Abbey (January) ... but I love fashion and style, and that seems to be something the curators have an interest in, so I'm hoping they'll have settled into the every-other-month box schedule and secured something super fun for awesome autumn from an up and coming designer.

On a different note, I bet there is a LLB Body Spray or Body Oil in this one to go with the shea butter and body scrub! LOL!

Lol so help me, if there's another value-inflated llb item, they won't even have to have their dad hunt me down on social media and unsub me Bc I will do it myself. I don't know one person that subs for access to their bath and body line.

Lol so help me, if there's another value-inflated llb item, they won't even have to have their dad hunt me down on social media and unsub me Bc I will do it myself. I don't know one person that subs for access to their bath and body line.

I unsubbed but I loved their bath products and am stalking this thread hoping there'll be something good to swap for. The sugar scrub and body butter are long gone!

On a different note, I bet there is a LLB Body Spray or Body Oil in this one to go with the shea butter and body scrub! LOL!
Although I love body products, I hope there isn't another LLB brand one. Both that I got (peach and bamboo) were heavily scented---too heavily scented imo.

I'm getting mine today too and I'm going to try to stay off the internet so that I don't spoil myself either accidentally or on purpose.

I don't mind getting their body products either... Although I also want to keep the focus on up and coming designers. What I would like - is if they're going to create their own products in a variety of scents, they should send out a scent sampler so we can try them all and then choose a full sized product from their shop. I actually love the texture of the Shea cream, but hate the scent I got (and of course I got the same scent in the sugar scrub too, lol) anyway, I'd like to try it in one of the other scents but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger based on how much I dislike the scent of the one I have...

Anyway, fingers crossed we all get something we love in the mail today!

Got mine!

image.jpeg

Hello, I just received my first first little lace box in the mail today! As excited as I am to see what this company has to offer, I feel a little underwhelmed by the amount of makeup products included.

Spoiler Alert! I've included pictures but I'm not sure how to hide them. Don't scroll down if you don't want to see what's inside!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Received mine...and hate how continually disappointing LLB has been when they used to be so great. Three ofra products? One serendipity was pretty much exclusively ofra products, and the other two since have featured the brand as well. I can see one item, but three?!

The mints and tea are an afterthought that don't really have anything to do with the theme. The only item that does is the pashmina (which I do love), but again the theme vs delivery is questionable at best.

The decanter is okay, but not thematic and not something I'd ever want to be a main component of a box. LLB has really gone downhill...seems like the last truly great ones were Downton Abbey & Nonna's Kitchen.

I wish I wouldn't have peeked, however, that is not going to make a difference to my opinion. I have been a huge LLB cheerleader. I personally, have had the most AMAZING customer service experiences with LLB. Their tightly themed boxes have been ON POINT, which I agree with other comments, the last tightly themed box was Nonna's Kitchen. I jumped in on the sub with the Downton Abbey box (which I loved). I locked in a great price per box, because it was last years annual membership price. I put all the money out at one shot, because I was so jealous of all the boxes I missed, and I was not going to miss the Downton box (only annuals were available). I completely respected when LLB sent out the long email, but laid it out there, that business was booming, and in order to maintain the amazing boxes they were going to go to every other month, and raise prices(I was grandfathered in the original price). I was excited at the prospect the boxes were going to to get even more amazing with more curation time. I don't know if I feel that is the case. I have tried to find one product in each box that I think is GREAT, and worth the price of admission, even if I don't love the box as a whole. This October box, I am having a hard time finding that item that is GREAT to me. While the OFRA cosmetics are really nice pieces of makeup, I feel like they are a LLB sponsor. We were given a bunch of them in Serendipity, and they are all over the LLB shop. So 3 more pieces of OFRA makeup isn't exciting. I don't understand the mints being part of the theme. The perfume thing, and the pashmina are both nice, and could be good gifts to put aside. I really thought there would be some jewelery or more accessories to go with the style theme. The dollar value is there, and I know not everyone will love every box. I am going to hold on, and see how I like the holiday themed box, last years looked awesome, and I love their customer service. I peronally signed up, because the LLB boxes were so different, and quite frankly in an outstanding league of their own, but my feelings are slightly changing. Rant over, lol.

I wish I wouldn't have peeked, however, that is not going to make a difference to my opinion. I have been a huge LLB cheerleader. I personally, have had the most AMAZING customer service experiences with LLB. Their tightly themed boxes have been ON POINT, which I agree with other comments, the last tightly themed box was Nonna's Kitchen. I jumped in on the sub with the Downton Abbey box (which I loved). I locked in a great price per box, because it was last years annual membership price. I put all the money out at one shot, because I was so jealous of all the boxes I missed, and I was not going to miss the Downton box (only annuals were available). I completely respected when LLB sent out the long email, but laid it out there, that business was booming, and in order to maintain the amazing boxes they were going to go to every other month, and raise prices(I was grandfathered in the original price). I was excited at the prospect the boxes were going to to get even more amazing with more curation time. I don't know if I feel that is the case. I have tried to find one product in each box that I think is GREAT, and worth the price of admission, even if I don't love the box as a whole. This October box, I am having a hard time finding that item that is GREAT to me. While the OFRA cosmetics are really nice pieces of makeup, I feel like they are a LLB sponsor. We were given a bunch of them in Serendipity, and they are all over the LLB shop. So 3 more pieces of OFRA makeup isn't exciting. I don't understand the mints being part of the theme. The perfume thing, and the pashmina are both nice, and could be good gifts to put aside. I really thought there would be some jewelery or more accessories to go with the style theme. The dollar value is there, and I know not everyone will love every box. I am going to hold on, and see how I like the holiday themed box, last years looked awesome, and I love their customer service. I peronally signed up, because the LLB boxes were so different, and quite frankly in an outstanding league of their own, but my feelings are slightly changing. Rant over, lol.
I completely understand because I'm right there with you.  I've been a total LLB cheerleader myself.  I just opened my box without seeing any spoilers and I was disappointed in seeing THREE OFRA products.  The only one I'll use is the eye primer.  I don't use face primer and I don't use lip products (unless it's clear balm).  I'm not a fruity tea/mint person and I live in Phoenix, so the scarf/pashmina thing really won't be used for "fashion"... maybe I'll use it for my cats to sleep on or something.  So I feel like I spent $50 on a travel perfume thing and an eye primer.  I'm hoping December bounces back because I really have loved this sub box more than any other box I subscribe to.

I was just looking at their web site of all of the past boxes.  They sure have changed a lot since the first few boxes. 

This box sucks, I'm so over LLB. I have a locked price of $40 a box but for the people that actually pay the full price is such a joke. The curation of these boxes totally went down the toilet. People don't pay $40-$60 for a box filled with makeup, that's why they buy boxes like Boxycharm or Glossybox for $21... Especially including 3 items from 1 brand? A brand that's already been in their Serendipity several times. Where's the creativity? It looks like they don't even put the time or effort to curate a box that actually goes with a theme. They go bi-monthly and give a $20 price jump for what? Because the value in boxes isn't nearly as high as it used to be and the curation is sloppy so I don't get why they need extra time and more money. Bummer because they used to have awesome boxes but these last few that have been released have truly been awful. I've only kept 1 thing out of the entire July and August boxes, sad. I will wait for the December box but I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore, I'm already planning to cancel. 

Well, I'm glad I cancelled. 

The curation feels off. '100% pashmina' is meaningless:

Pashmina is actually -not- an internationally recognized term for Cashmere. That means that if you come across any Cashmere fabric claiming to be 100% Pashmina, that most likely is a fraud... Declaring a garment as being 100% Pashmina is pretty much the same as saying "100% fabric".'
I think it's the type of scarf you can buy on wholesaler sites for just a few bucks. I love Tea Forté, but the items seem like samples. Ofra does seem like a sponsor, and the packaging of their items looks kind of cheap and generic. The perfume atomizer is nice, but inexpensive. I don't think the value is there. 

I'm with you all, very upset with this box. Sooooooooo extremely disappointed all I can do not to just pitch it in the trash. We already got the Ofra products in Serendipity, I received the exact face primer in a Wantable makeup box back in January; still haven't used it yet. I hate the color of the liquid lipstick and this is supposed to be a lifestyle box, it's nearly all makeup this time. I subscribe to other makeup subscription boxes. I subscribed to LLB because their boxes last year were amazing. I got the November/Christmas last year and it was the greatest thing ever. I also loved Nonna's kitchen box but these last two are super disappointing. The last box my 60+ yr old mom and aunt liked it, my mom loved the perfume and lotion, my aunt loved the vase, I swapped the rest. This box doesn't even appear to have a clear theme, nothing about it says fall to me. Ofra's a fine brand, but like I said I already have the face primer which I would've liked if I didn't already have it. I'm over tea in sub boxes, I don't drink it and it seems to come in nearly every box. The pashmina is nice, also something I always wanted until I found a bright red one a couple years ago and bought it. Thank god I only paid $40 for this box, I'd be pissed if I'd spent $50 on makeup. I wasn't going to cancel because I'm locked in at the $40 price, but I agree with Kitana, the curation has gone down hill so fast, the boxes are lower in value just not as exciting as they used to be. I guess I'll see what December brings and then might cancel, can't keep throwing $40 down the drain every other month. 

Back