Little Lace Box October *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really sure how I feel about this box.  I got the white pashmina and I don't have a white scarf, but I think I would have preferred the amethyst orchid.  I'm interested in trying the face primer.  It's humid here in GA like FL, so I'll try it out. The lip shade is one that I'll try too, but I'm not sure about the eye primer and if I'll use it.  I don't do a lot of flying, so I don't have a use for the spray.  I don't like mint, but the minteas do intrigue me.  How minty are they?  I'll probably use them as a little gift.  I am excited about trying the tea though!!

I'll keep going through December, but I had already decided that I would need to make a decision about this box (and others) in the new year.  I've loved so much from them, but I am trying to save money.  

Just a little heads up:  Even though the literature says the mints are all natural, the first ingredient is sorbitol which is an artificial sweetener.  Personally, I would never consume any artificial sweeteners so this product is not for me.

I have to agree with all of you. October box and few last boxes are not what LLB used to be. They were THE BEST! NO other box was even close to the awesome November,December, Nonna's kitchen or Downton Abbey boxes...

October box? I have no words... so sad.

Ok, I love LLB. But this month's box comes off as all over the place and cheap. I used to subscribe to BOXYCHARM, but stopped because of all the Ofra products. I just don't think it's a quality brand at all. I don't use face primer or liquid lipstick. I will try the gel primer. The fragrance decanter is cool, and I will use it. I'll find a way to make the pink pashmina work. By the way, weren't pashminas the rage in like 2003? The mints are cool. I tasted one and it does taste like cocoa...I feel Ike I'm reviewing a popsugar box. Why LLB??? Why'd you have to do this???

I got the pink pashmina because that's such a fall color *barf*. I swear I bought a bunch of these exact pashminas for like $5 apiece several years ago - the packaging is the exact same. This box sucked imho.

The Ofra lipstick has a decent formula from what I can tell of all the liquid lipsticks I have tried recently but it is the exact same nude orange pink as the mana kadar from birchbox and very close to the the Balm that ipsy sent. This color looks awful on me and it is what all the makeup sub boxes have been sending lately. If they had sent colors that were different from the rest of the make up sub boxes, I really don't think I would have minded this box being so makeup heavy. The way they did their first serendipity, with all the plum colors, was way different than anything I have received in a sub box and I loved that one. Oh well. I do like the pashmina, it feels cool and light against the skin, good for here in the south.

Last year I absolutely fell in love with LLB and raved about it.  The boxes were full of unique  yet totally usable items and personal touches including little handwritten notes in the boxes and even personalized items that made the box feel incredibly special. It felt like a lot of thought went into the themes and curation and many people had commented LLB felt like a surprise your sister or bff was sending you.   Its interesting the note mentions our mission has and continues to be connecting our subscribers with amazing designers and fabulous finds- sadly to me this box had none of that.   Aside from the leaves on the little brochure nothing in this box said fall to me.   It makes me sad to leave a semi-negative review but sadly this box has gone from my absolute favorite to just average at best for me. I hope LLB finds their stride again because the last few boxes have at least for me been a steady decline and disappointment  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I wouldn't have peeked, however, that is not going to make a difference to my opinion. I have been a huge LLB cheerleader. I personally, have had the most AMAZING customer service experiences with LLB. Their tightly themed boxes have been ON POINT, which I agree with other comments, the last tightly themed box was Nonna's Kitchen. I jumped in on the sub with the Downton Abbey box (which I loved). I locked in a great price per box, because it was last years annual membership price. I put all the money out at one shot, because I was so jealous of all the boxes I missed, and I was not going to miss the Downton box (only annuals were available). I completely respected when LLB sent out the long email, but laid it out there, that business was booming, and in order to maintain the amazing boxes they were going to go to every other month, and raise prices(I was grandfathered in the original price). I was excited at the prospect the boxes were going to to get even more amazing with more curation time. I don't know if I feel that is the case. I have tried to find one product in each box that I think is GREAT, and worth the price of admission, even if I don't love the box as a whole. This October box, I am having a hard time finding that item that is GREAT to me. While the OFRA cosmetics are really nice pieces of makeup, I feel like they are a LLB sponsor. We were given a bunch of them in Serendipity, and they are all over the LLB shop. So 3 more pieces of OFRA makeup isn't exciting. I don't understand the mints being part of the theme. The perfume thing, and the pashmina are both nice, and could be good gifts to put aside. I really thought there would be some jewelery or more accessories to go with the style theme. The dollar value is there, and I know not everyone will love every box. I am going to hold on, and see how I like the holiday themed box, last years looked awesome, and I love their customer service. I peronally signed up, because the LLB boxes were so different, and quite frankly in an outstanding league of their own, but my feelings are slightly changing. Rant over, lol.
Fancyfarmer I must say this one of the nicest "rants" I've ever come across lol and I agree with everything you said except I think my feeling may be more than slightly changing.  Sorry this box wasn't a hit for you fingers crossed for December!

I think what needs to happen with this box, is that they need to stop releasing a "theme" because they really aren't curating around a central theme anymore and haven't done so for the past couple of boxes either. These scarves (particularly the colors) aren't doing it for me. Especially considering that the other scarf that they sent 2 boxes ago was a huge fail for me too. Nothing else in the box is of value to me. 

A low value scarf. (Before anyone scoffs at me for calling it low value, please look at the values of scarves that PSMH has included in their MONTHLY (not even bi-monthly) boxes. Yes, this is low value.) 

Makeup that they've previously and very recently sent. 

Travel perfume atomizer. 

Tin of mints. 

Tea bag sample. 

Outside of their explanations, how are these items supposed to be "authentically autumn"? The scarf is an autumn appropriate piece but everything else misses the mark for me. Done with LLB. 

I just want to put out there that I have seen similar travalo decanters at Wal-mart before.. that just seems to cheapen the box so much for me.

Fancyfarmer I must say this one of the nicest "rants" I've ever come across lol and I agree with everything you said except I think my feeling may be more than slightly changing. Sorry this box wasn't a hit for you fingers crossed for December!
@@Teach22 thank you for the kind words. I hope you too, and everyone who chooses to stick around enjoys the December box.

Unfortunately this box was a total miss for me. I have found at least a few items i liked in the other boxes, but this whole boxjust isnt me. It reminds me of one of those newer, cheap sub boxes that are filled with random, cheaply made items because they are just trying to take off and dont have access to many contacts for product yet. There just isnt anything special about it. I got the stark white pashima and the darker lip gloss, which were not the ones i would have liked. I am hoping i can dye the scarf another color, or else it will go totally unused. It makes me sad to be so disappointed this month. My first box was February, i subscribed after seeing all the fabulous previous boxes. I really hate to say this, but it seems like this sub is going down hill. I keep hanging on, staying one more month because i keep waiting for that amazing box and its just not coming. I have a tough decision ahead of me, as we all do. To stay or not to stay.....

Okay, so given the largely negative reviews this month (even from people who have been largely patient), does anyone else feel that, magically, only gleaming reviews will show up on the fb page? I feel like that's false advertising. Every time I've tried to write in with something constructive (aka far milder than what I have written here), it never seems to make its way to the fb page, and as a prospective subscriber, I would want to know what other current subscribers think.

Also, took my pashmina shawl out of the package...remarkably similar to a 10$ one I bought on the streets of NYC. COOL. I really wanted to love that one item, but it feels as cheap as the rest of the box.

Wow. I can't believe how far LLB has fallen. It used to be the best box out there. This box sucks. I can't believe they raised their prices and then put this out. Sad. I hope they can bring themselves back around. It feels like they're not even trying anymore.

I totally agree about the pashmina shawl.. even with the plastic on it. It does feel like something I would buy (or find rather..) in a gift shop. It isn't really unique and it feels like a bunch of junk thrown into the box.

I agree about the facebook page. I feel like they are driving their business completely into the ground which is really sad. There are other boxes were I won't even try their box based on how they handle their social media pages - guess the same should be true for LLB.

I am going to give them one more try in December, then likely cancel.

I agree that three Ofra products is strange, almost like they are having trouble getting merchandise. But I was really hoping to get a face primer soon since I'm almost out. And I do like the lipstick, I received Rio. I have a ton of eyeshadow primers right now. The travel perfume thing is nice. I live in a part of the country where scarves are worn only as an accessory, not to provide warmth. I've heard of Pashmina. Wasn't it really trendy many years ago? The tea and mints seem to be just thrown in as afterthoughts. I'd expect to see these in a Serendipity bag, not the box. 

Got my box yesterday, was not very happy. I am in the process of downsizing all of my boxes and I think this one has made the chopping block. I would like to stay for the holiday box, but it is time for a 3 month renewal and I don't think I can pull that trigger and I am not going to pay 60.00 for a box that may or may not be great. Such a disappointment, there is not one item in this box that screams Authentic Autumn to me. It is a bunch of random items thrown together. The last box was good for me and so was June. I think I would rather put the 60.00 towards a pair of DVF earrings I found on NM and enjoy that year round.

Back