Little Lace Box October *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I like this.,,,, And the name of your subscription company?  Where do I sign up!!!

They need to take a lesson from you about what a subscription box is.  Love these items! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe they did get bought out! 
Their boxes actually used to be like that!

February 2015: 

Whitley Designs Earrings – Value $55

CeeCee & Bee Tub Truffles – Value $22

Beekman 1802 Orange Zest Fudge Zest – Value $12

P. Press Papers Pink Arrow Stationery (Set of 8 flat cards and envelopes) – Value $13

Dancing Goal Hula Bliss Hand & Body Lotion – 2 oz Value $4.50

January 2015: 

Siena Tea Collection Tea for One Set – Retail Value $30 (On Amazon for $24)

Beckman 1802 Authentic Hand Forged Britannia Fruit Spoon – Value $20

Lucy B Roll On Perfume Oil in Royal Fig and Vanilla Woods – Value $19

Capital Bee Raw Hand Cut Holly Honeycomb – Value $7

How to Be a Lady by Candace Simpson-Giles – Value $17

Royal Apothic Bubble Cream – Value $20

Downton Abbey Hair Jewelry – Value $24

December 2014: 

The Little Lace Box & Susan Meier Fresh Water Pearl Necklace – Value $48

Stia Couture Fresh Water Pearl Bracelet – Value $35

Whitney English Mini Day Designer – Value $48.99

Three Sisters Apothecary Handcrafted Bar Soap in Sweet Orange Coconut Milk – 1.75 oz Value $3.25

December 2014 was my first box with them. I've already pre-ordered another Whitney English planner for 2016. I have the tea pot on display in my home and I love using it and both of my young daughters covet my little tea pot. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I LOVE the Whitley earrings that I received and I still wear them often. Their boxes use to be high quality, unique and very thoughtful. The Etsy inspired box that I imagined for an "authentic Autumn" box is what I would have expected from them based on the above experiences that I had with them. 

Hi. Im one of the two people that were quoted from Ramblings in the above comment... I try to be positive because i do not like to feel that i have wasted my money on a box that I hate.
Thanks for speaking up Heather!  Always good to remember that the sub box addict family is diverse, and what one person hates another person might love (or at least WANT to love because, yep, we paid hard-earned $$ for it! I do the same thing!!)

The calling out of seemingly "planted" comments highlights the issues with LLB rather than any users here.

Who can blame people for being suspicious?

And at this point over-the-top praise is going to always be suspect, especially when anyone can see the 180 the box quality has taken and is in no way praise-worthy.

This company has been *proven* to be ugly on the inside and dishonest. There isn't even a question how these people operate. Not to mention they have flat out been deceptive.

And I'm sorry, but most of the time the "innocent" people who speak up as "suportive commenters" sound like the same plants. Critical thinking, people. It is sometimes pretty obvious.

Again, if LLB had been open, honest and positive from the get-go, these things would not even be an issue.

I do agree that both times people were worried about plants it was because the company had done things that made people think that was the kind of thing they would do.  However, both times it seems that the "plants" were real people.  I think it is okay to say "hey, there are a lot of overly positive comments in other websites" or to flag comments here that you want the mods to look into if you think it's a company rep, but I don't think it's okay to post other people's words and mock their opinions.  I'll talk to @@Reija to see if any rules need to be clarified. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as one of the people who mentioned the "called out" comments....I do feel bad about it if those people are real and if feelings are genuinely hurt. It is easy to forget that we are all people behind these posts. It is probably better to err on the side of caution, even if we know there have been plants before.

Personally, I have been a huge (enormous) LLB supporter on another sub site and felt like a crazy person in the past when I thought other people were being dramatically negative about simple things. I get it. I do agree the main problem lies with the company...it seems they have broken a lot of trust.

I sincerely hope they get back to their original business model. They had a great thing going and I hope they redeem themselves. 

It isn't the calling out of suspected plants that bothers me. As mentioned, it's the mocking. My August letter to LLB was reprinted here in a former thread with the comment "This cracks me up". When I tried to defend myself, I was given reasons why I was a "plant". Criticizing a box that we pay for is one thing. Insulting or demeaning people is very much another. When the spirit of these forums become cruel, we all lose.

Hi. Im one of the two people that were quoted from Ramblings in the above comment. And Id first like to say i love this site for early spoilers, i have been following for a while but never felt any need to comment so I did not join. I have been a sub addict for the last year and half. My comment about enjoying items from past LLB boxes was genuine. I love the older boxes and have found things i have fallen in love with and I did JUST receive my flowers Saturday because i was afraid of missing a cut off date on the coupon. It was not planted. But it was terribly embarrassing to come here to see how others felt about the recent box and find my comment quoted and referred to as "comical". I tend to be passionate about the boxes since i enjoy them so much. If you saw the October LLB review on Ramblings you may also see that i commented above that quoted reply that it was time to cancel this box since i havent been in love with it lately, even though I did find things in the box I enjoyed anyway. I try to be positive because i do not like to feel that i have wasted my money on a box that I hate.
Heather, I wasn't referring to your comment on Ramblings.  I've read your posts there before so I recognized your name.  I was referring to the comment which you defended there.  However, since I may have directed people over to that site with my post here I apologize if I contributed to you being insulted.

As far as the comment I was referring to, it really does seem artificial.  I probably would not have even thought such a thing except for LLB's past behavior.  That said, I apologize to anyone here if I have offended them.

Hi again. I am really sorry guys, I did not mean to guilt or shame anyone, I'm not insulted. I just wanted to explain myself and make sure my comments were understood and I am not affiliated with LLB. I have no intention of stirring anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thank you all for your kind words tho! And i understand the disappoint in curation of LLB, some past boxes were real gems.

On a lighter note - Do the canvas print and Bouqs code have redemption expiration dates? I am sure the info is out there and I have overlooked it, so I apologize if it has been posted or discussed already.

I have been trying to hold out to use the Bouqs code for my sister's birthday in December...but I would hate to lose it! Part of me wants to be selfish and use it for myself!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On a lighter note - Do the canvas print and Bouqs code have redemption expiration dates? I am sure the info is out there and I have overlooked it, so I apologize if it has been posted or discussed already.

I have been trying to hold out to use the Bouqs code for my sister's birthday in December...but I would hate to lose it! Part of me wants to be selfish and use it for myself!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No idea about the canvas code but I think the bouqs code expires 10/31. You get to choose the delivery date though so  maybe you can order now and have them delivered in dec.  Good luck!

I have been trying to hold out to use the Bouqs code for my sister's birthday in December...but I would hate to lose it! Part of me wants to be selfish and use it for myself! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The canvas code expires December 31, 2015.

Anyone who has cancelled and been refunded for the remainder of their prepaid sub, could you please share with the class how the process went for you?     

The email that they sent in April(?) that offered a "no-questions asked" cancellation did *not* specify a time when the offer would no longer stand. They should really send out another offer to cancel. This sub is nothing like what we signed up for.

Also, the more I think about it, the more it bothers me...LLB claimed that by going to BI-monthly with a higher price point would result in a better quality product...but the opposite has happened. The whole thing feels deceptive and people should be refunded....

Maybe they will get their act together...but no other sub seems to cause the sort of drama these folks do.

I just emailed them and said that I didn't feel I was getting what I paid for and that in March we were told we could cancel (those of us stuck in a year) when they went to bi-monthly. I got jipped because of the yearly discount I paid and what they refunded me. But it was worth it to me. Nothing in there boxes are from up and coming designers like they promised any more. The last box was complete garbage and I am tired of their excuses.

Here is their reply:

Hi Jacqulyn, thank you for contacting us. We don't actually provide refunds, and the offer you mentioned was because we changed from monthly to bi-monthly. That was offered in March and it is long past the deadline. I can just charge you $39.99 for the six boxes that you received and deduct that from the total that you paid and refund the remaining balance. I would also adjust your loyalty points accordingly, please let me know if that is what you want and I can have that done for you today. :)

So I sent my mom the Bouqs bouquet and she called today and said thank you for the flowers and I asked her how they look and she paused and said well a few of the roses came dead.  Lovely I sent my mother dead flowers, how embarrassing! Doh! OH well ya win some ya lose some I guess- sigh.

Back