MAC Archie's Girls Makeup Collection Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got two Veronica lipglosses online, hate them in person. Really undecided on what even want to do with them. I had planned on going to a MAC counter to check out some of them in person Friday, I wanted Stay Sweet, Betty Bright, Girl Next Door, and possibly Cream Soda. But with my disappointment I'll prolly just hoard what I do have and use in a swap and forget the rest.

I ended up getting the two face powders. 

I love highlighters and use them every day.

Of course I have half a pan of Whisper of Guilt left, and a whole unopened new one as back up. I finally hit pan on that one the other day. Not bad considering I pretty much use it daily as my highlighter!

I really really want two of the Betty lipsticks, but they're sold out everywhere, so that probably isn't going to happen. Just was glad Nordstroms still has both face powders in stock!

I ended up liking this collection way more than I thought I would. I got Ronnie Red lipstick (plus an extra for a blog giveaway), Betty Bright (plus an extra for a blog giveaway) lipstick, Daddy's Little Girl lipstick, Strawberry Malt lipglass, Veronica's Blush Pearlmatte (plus an extra for a blog giveaway), Flatter Me Pearlmatte (plus an extra for a blog giveaway), Prom Princess blush, and Cream Soda blush.

I grabbed stuff the day it came out. The employees at mac said most of it would probably be gone by the end of the day. I got lipstick in oh,oh,oh and both veronica eyeliners.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There wasn't anything left when I checked my MAC counter, even the display was half gone. :/
I ordered the blushes and pearlmattes online, and was there when they opened on release day to get the lipsticks. People are crazy when it comes to MAC lol. I live in a podunk area though, so that might be why no one was waiting but me (because I am one of the nutty people).

I ordered the blushes and pearlmattes online, and was there when they opened on release day to get the lipsticks. People are crazy when it comes to MAC lol. I live in a podunk area though, so that might be why no one was waiting but me (because I am one of the nutty people).
I figured waiting would leave slim pickings, but my lol. It's okay, I'm not a huge MAC fan, but some of this collection's items looked pretty good. I ended up playing around and trying some other stuff, but no purchases. Estee Lauder got me instead lol.

I ordered online the day it came out because I knew I wouldn't get what I wanted otherwise. I haven't been buying from MAC too much lately, so I splurged a bit more than I should have.

I picked up:

• Veronica Pigment - Black Poodle
  • PearlGlide Intense Liner - Petrol Blue (that gorgeous purple wasn't available when I purchased)
  • PearlMatte Face Color - Veronica's Blush (love it. it's so delicate and pretty, but easily dupe-able)
  • Betty Bright lipstick
  • Betty'sLipglass in Stay Sweet
  • Veronica's Lipglass in Mall Madness
  • Brush Kit

I was worried the packaging would be cheapie, but it's actually quite nice (and adorable). I definitely didn't NEED anything, but I'm glad I picked up some stuff.

I loved Archie comics when I was little.  It was the first comic book I ever read and totally introduced me to the whole comic book/graphic novel world.  I just ordered the Cream Soda blush, Betty Bright lipstick, and both Veronica pigments!  Can't wait to try them when they arrive!!!

Does anyone know any good dupes for the Betty polishes? I hear all horrible things about MAC polish but thanks to Dalylah's swatches I've fallen in love.

So sad. They had a second wave of the lipstick today but I missed out! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> eta - Just checked and Girl Next Door and Ronnie Red are both back in stock! I ended up ordering two of each. They're the only colors I Really wanted, so I'm stoked! I got my pearl powders in the mail from Nordies today as well. And I spent way too much money on them so no more makeup for me!

I think the city I live in is just really weird, because I went to MAC this morning and they basically still had everything. They were only out of a few of the lipstick color's and one blush. I ended up getting Betty bright, Ronnie red, and the flatter me pearl mate. I am psyched as I have never bought Mac products before, as I mostly hear about their eye shadows and pigments and I am just not an eye shadow girl. I did however, grow up loving Archie comics so I couldn't resist.

I wanted to buy the lippies but I cannot convince myself. I never owned a MAC product yet and seems like I can pick some from this collection. I love Archie!! I can shell out the same price tag on other cosmetics from Sephora or Ulta but I do not know what doesn't entice me to buy anything from MAC. Help me buy something?
help.gif

I'm not a big fan of the comic, and am annoyed by a line of MAC cosmetics about two girls competing over the affection of a guy.   I do have to say, the heart shaped makeup bag is adorable!

Originally Posted by birchhughes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered online and it came yesterday......I got the brush set, pigment in Black Poodle (love it) and the Veronica face powder. I dont love the face powder and may try to sell it. I only swatched it once.

I am a MAC junkie though. I have close to 20 jars of pigment and two 15 palettes full of shadows......
A girl after my own heart.  Have you tried Inglot pigments?  I love MAC pigments too, and Inglot might be taking it's place. Especially if you like some shimmer.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A girl after my own heart.  Have you tried Inglot pigments?  I love MAC pigments too, and Inglot might be taking it's place. Especially if you like some shimmer.
I have 2 inglot eyeshadow palettes, but no, I didn't even know they had pigments!

Back