MAC & Disney Venomous Villains collection confirmed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Still just Violtta for me.
Leticia, I just love your evolving list.

It will probably change a few more times lol.

If I had to have anything from this collection it would be the My Dark Magic mineralize eyeshadow from the Maleficent line.

Does anyone think the matte purple is similar to any permanent colors? I see that one of the shades I want was closely compared to Coppering, so maybe I will pass it up.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif My issue with the Mineralized eyeshadows is that they have more fallout than regular shadows, and tend to be glittery (which I hate). Too bad too, because I think the swatch of the green wet is so pretty. I agree ! And i agree again, i wanted the sea&sky or something e/s (the pale blue and dark blue duo), but when i tested it, omg the fallout !

I just don't understand why MAC can't get it right when it comes to mineralized shadows. I have some from Jesse's Girl, a drugstore brand, and they are much better quality than the MAC version.

I wonder too, maybe they think they just need to stick a MAC label on it and we'll buy ? Or maybe it has to do with the "pressing" method.

Although i love that green eyeshadow, i think i'm going to buy a few Fyrinnae e/s instead.

The mineralized trios from In the Groove were actually really nice. They were more of a satin finish and weren't glittery or fall out central. So maybe these won't be so bad?

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif The mineralized trios from In the Groove were actually really nice. They were more of a satin finish and weren't glittery or fall out central. So maybe these won't be so bad? This is good to know. I totally skip the MES because they are always poor quality IMO. Ill definitely check these out.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif After seeing the swatches I want:
Briar Rose Beauty Powder

Oh So Fair Beauty Powder

Her Own Devices Beauty Powder

Bad Fairy Nail Lacquer

Formidable! Nail Lacquer

Mean & Green Nail Lacquer

Dark Deed Lipstick

Vainglorious Eyeshadow

Vile Violet Eyeshadow

Darkly My Dear Blush

Bite of an Apple Blush

Does anyone think any of the beauty powders might be too much like Shell Pearl from Liberty of London?

Urgh! $199.50! Maybe I should kick off the two eyeshadows ...

I think I may pass on Briar Rose, since it looks cool toned. I will have to wait and see it in person.
Does anyone have an opinion on the nail varnishes? I love how unusual they are, but are they that unusual? Could I get similar colors from other brands? I love the look, but am not dead set on those exact colors.

I don't like how Innocence Beware! looks on Christine/Temptalia's lips, but maybe sheered out it would work with a smokey eye.

I think I may pass on Dark Deed lipstick. It may be too dark for me, and I don't wear red often. Perhaps sheered out I may like it. This may very well fall off my list.

I've read that Vainglorious is close to Cranberry. I may pass this one up.

I want De-Vil Eyeshadow.

If I make the changes above, my total will be $120

Oh So Fair Beauty Powder

Her Own Devices Beauty Powder

De-Vil Eyeshadow

Vile Violet Eyeshadow

Darkly My Dear Blush

Bite of an Apple Blush

Personal feelings about this collection aside, do you think it will sell out fast? I am debating about ordering online versus going in the day of the release. I can get there within about 15 minutes of the store opening (maybe even right at opening), but I have heard that counters get fewer items than free standing stores. I just don't want to end up SOL on things I want, but I hate waiting for shipping. From order placement to delivery is about two weeks. I need instant gratification.

I ordered online and called stores for in the groove. If you have a counter nearby ask the manager to put aside stuff for you. It's a zoo when collections release.

I have looked at swatches for the mineralized eyeshadows from several blogs and all of them have a bunch of chunky looking fallout around the swatches. I am passing on those.

I am also not going to ask for items to be put aside. If something is sold out, then I am forced into a budget lol.

Two of the polishes have Orly dupes. Mean & Green= Orly Space Cadet and Formidable= Orly Galaxy Girl. They're $10 though, so not that big of a difference. I really do like the polishes though, and I'm going to get Bad Fairy because there isn't a dupe for that one.

I wasn't planning on buying the polishes, but i'd rather buy an OPI or China Glaze.

If i can get real information on the release dates in France, i might have to go to the stores the first day of the release, the past collections with a theme sold like a storm had come in and swept everything away. MAC also has the tendency of sending you newsletters about the new collections after it's sold online and half of the stuff is permanently out of stock.

I am lucky that I work in a big department store with a MAC counter in it so know some of the girls and can ask them to pop bits on hold for me (just gave in my hold order for the Fab Felines collection today!!)

Forgot to do it for 'Dare..' so missed out on that one
frown.gif

You know, as excited as I have been for this collection much of it has worn off. I may get the three polishes and call it good. I really don't need the blushes, though I am waiting to see Bite of an Apple in person before I decide on that. From pictures alone it looks very different from all the blushes I own. I do wear my Beauty Powder from Liberty of London, but not enough to justify buying two more BP. I have a crap ton of shadow as it is, and these colors aren't special. I am going to cool my jets on this collection

Swatches

That's it. I won't know what I want until I see it in person lol. From these swatches:

Oh So Fair Beauty Powder

Bite of an Apple blush

Maybe a lipstick, but those really need to be swatched on me for me to decide for sure. Possibly Dark Deed, Innocence Beware!, and Toxic Tale.

None of the lipglasses.

I like De-Vil, Vainglorious, and Vile Violet eyeshadow.

shamely, i didnt like the hello kitty collection but i bought everything because i loved the packaging. ha. but, since then, i have gotten smarter. i hope this collections colors are good =]

Back