MACGoddess' Blending Tutorial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful tutorial. I actually had a big Aha! moment. I never thought to blend in circles or only in one direction. I wondered how you girls got your colors to blend so beautifully and not look all muddled together like mine do.

I WILL NEVER WINDSHIELD WIPER AGAIN!!!!!! Thank You!

Awesome, I will have to try this as soon as a get a good e/s base. By the way, I thought it even looked great "unblended"....loved the contrast.....then you blend and it all just pulls together great too.

Thanks sweetkins! You are the blending queen!

Quick ?: I have a bunch of mac piggies (samples) and I lost my mixing medium (looked all over for it, I have a feeling a little short person got a hold of it.....aka Lizzy, my 3 year old)....what can I use in place of this? I heard visine????? Oh and how the heck do you use it....I was just dipping my brush in the mixing medium, then into the piggie, then I mix it a little on the e/s case lid....then apply....is this wrong? How exactly do you do it? I know I have to mix it some how, cuz if any of it gets into my eyes.....thats the end of me, I get bad sensitive red eyes going on.....so I would love for any suggestions to keep the stuff from getting in my eyes.

:icon_surp i thought u had false eyelashes on! wow i must must must get this mascara when im out next.

LOL me too!

I was looking for the instructional step for how to apply the falsies and then I was like DAMN, they're her real lashes!

Becky and Ley that mascara is AMAZING! Let me know if it isn't offered there and I'll CP you some. I was really impressed, and what makes me TRIPLY happy is that it holds the curl I put in my lashes with my Shu curler, it doesn't straighten my lashes back out like other mascaras...

You are going to love it! It is so soft and lovely, and mine still looks EXACTLY the same as when I bought it and I wash it all the time!

Wow, it sounds perfect. That's exactly my problem at the moment - retaining the curl. My lashes are already long and dark and this mascara looks like it will accentuate lashes instead of just coating and straightening them. Is it waterproof?

No it isn't... But it IS a pain in the A$$ to get off of your lashes! lol... I have to test it when I take a shower tonight and see what happens. I'll let you know.

"Don't use the "windshield wiper" motion back and forth with your brush; this will cause the white e/s to become "muddy" looking and will not let the black e/s have the same shape."

Thank you so much...on those rare occassions I decide to wear e/s I always do the windshield wiper motion and wonder why it doesn't look glam, I won't make that mistake again! Much appreciated!!! :smilehappyyes:

Thank you soooooooo much <333 You don't know how much you have helped, lol.

But my big question is, where can I get a blending brush for a good price? Anything cheaper than 20 bucks!

You can get one at Target... By Sonia Kashuk. It is like $6.99 and is called the Pointed Blending Brush. It is the same as MAC 224 brush, and is the one that I use... I LOVE this brush and it has held up very well to being used and washed all the time. I wash mine after every use.

Back