Major rant for achetype cosmetics. Warning do not order from them ever

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for a large order from these people. I ordered a ton of everything and still have nothing to show for it! I expected a 6 week wait but read on another forum how they had moved to a central location and had help and would be processing orders from that location. Well the location hasn't seemed to make a bit of difference because I'm now months waiting and haven't heard a peep from them. I want my money back or my order. Whatever I can get I'll take and believe me I will never order from them again! Their eye shadows are great but nothing is worth this!

Originally Posted by HollyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm still waiting for a large order from these people. I ordered a ton of everything and still have nothing to show for it! I expected a 6 week wait but read on another forum how they had moved to a central location and had help and would be processing orders from that location. Well the location hasn't seemed to make a bit of difference because I'm now months waiting and haven't heard a peep from them. I want my money back or my order. Whatever I can get I'll take and believe me I will never order from them again! Their eye shadows are great but nothing is worth this! If it's still within 45 days, you can file a claim with them. Never listen to any kind of "explanation" when you emailed them and they don't bother email you back. You gave them your money and you should be given a good customer service.

I know fyrinnae takes like 10 wokring days, but they actually inform you on their website or email you when they sent it out. They're quick to answer emails as well.

hey guys I still have not received anything even though they claimed to have sent it out. I asked them when and they have not replied. THEY ARE #&^@&*$@^$ LIARS AND A SCAM. I called my bank and they couldnt do a chargeback because it was over 60 days. People please file paypal dispute or call your credit card within 60 days of the transaction.

Archetype is so SNEAKY. They have a TAT of 2 months because when people file paypal dispute by then, it would be too late. So PLEASE DO NOT TRUST ARCHETYPE!!!!!!! That's how they cheat people!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to report them to better business bureau?

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif hey guys I still have not received anything even though they claimed to have sent it out. I asked them when and they have not replied. THEY ARE #&^@&*$@^$ LIARS AND A SCAM. I called my bank and they couldnt do a chargeback because it was over 60 days. People please file paypal dispute or call your credit card within 60 days of the transaction. Archetype is so SNEAKY. They have a TAT of 2 months because when people file paypal dispute by then, it would be too late. So PLEASE DO NOT TRUST ARCHETYPE!!!!!!! That's how they cheat people!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to report them to better business bureau?

Aww, so sad to hear this from you.. I emailed them a question three weeks ago and no response, so i gave up even trying to buy their stuff. I guess my instinct then was right. A lot of sellers (incl ebay) online are sneaky. Either they give you hope or they don't bother communicating. I learnt my lesson from an ebayer. From then on, if something's not right, I file a dispute. Some sellers just NEED that push.. geesh

Oh no!!! Thank you guys. I'm going to petition to get my money back now. This is a shame because I really wanted those eye shadows but whatever. There are so many more wonderful fish in the sea. How can they in good conscience continue to do this? I am so upset because I only chose to take a chance on them following the owner's previous dilemma based on her explanations and public apologies made on another forum. Now after we give her another shot at proving herself and offer our money to show good faith in her attempts at a comeback .... we are given this? More of nothing? This is very disappointing. As I understand she has a local shop where she is processing orders but...? I wonder if this is all just a farce too.

So sorry to hear that you ladies are having such a hard time. It doesn't matter if there's only a few people processing orders, they should be professional enough to respond to questions and provide satisfactory customer service. It's sad. I mean, why not stop accepting orders, catch up, and then figure out a better way to go about the business. I can't believe that they're still allowing people to give them money...it's terrible.

Although I did receive my order (over a month after I placed it), I'm never ever going to even think about ordering again from them.

Oh no! I hope you ladies get everything resolved fast. It is totally unacceptable to wait that long for anything after you've placed your order and paid for it. Plus, they don't even have the decency to respond to their customers emails. I'm sorry but this is just unprofessional and bordering on ludicrious. I would never consider ordering from such a company. It's good that you've posted this to warn us.

I just tried googling about this company -- I'm guessing you wrote about it on your blog? I found a page with the exact same story as yours like...4th on the google search!

There was another girl on the first page who finally got her order in after 3 months. So hopefully you'll get it sometime in February so that it's not a complete loss.

But yeah.. I don't like waiting 2 weeks for my order, I don't want to wait 2 months!

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just tried googling about this company -- I'm guessing you wrote about it on your blog? I found a page with the exact same story as yours like...4th on the google search!
There was another girl on the first page who finally got her order in after 3 months. So hopefully you'll get it sometime in February so that it's not a complete loss.

But yeah.. I don't like waiting 2 weeks for my order, I don't want to wait 2 months!

yup I did write it on the blog. Hopefully it will be a warning for people. I still have nothing and they still havent told me when they shipped it out! I think Im waiting for almost 3mths already. I doubt they even shipped it out.
How can they have a store when they cant even manage their online business. seriously.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Whatever you do, do not give up on getting your money back (or at the very least, your products). It's really too bad that some businesses have terrible customer service. I'm not sure how much money you're out at this point, but I would suggest you talk to them and tell them if you don't get your money back NOW, then you'll be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - not to mention spreading negative word-of-mouth. Too often, we forget about the BBB but that's what they're there for.

I hope you're able to work things out soon.

This is unbelievable!! I mean really how unique could their colors really be? I love small MMU companies but I learned long ago not to buy from any that have a cheap website. If they have the drive to invest in a good website that is usable and has good features (like wishlists) that show it is not being hacked together in some teenagers computer class, then they are more likely to want to get a return on that investment through good service and timely delivery. That is always my first test. If the site is crap I will move on and either wait until they grow enough to get a real site, or I will read about them here and find out I was right to avoid them. I also prefer to buy from companies that don't charge my card until they ship. If they take too long to ship the authorization drops off and they have to recontact me to get payment. I think this is an awesome system
smile.gif

I would report them immediately. Don't give them another chance. Just report them.

update: still nothing and no refund. They have not replied me. I would call them if I were in the US or go down to their store personally and make a scene. I have reported them to better business bureau. Still nothing. All I can do now is warn people about them. Im utterly disgusted with them. You have no idea how angry I am. $%^&$%@^$

Well, I have been very polite to them and Kelli does answer my e-mails but I am beginning to doubt if my stuff will ever arrive.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I have been very polite to them and Kelli does answer my e-mails but I am beginning to doubt if my stuff will ever arrive. Oh dont wait until too late to file paypal dispute! It seems that they only send out orders when people file for paypal. I didnt because I really trusted them and guess what? They didnt send out my order!!!!!!!

I am sorry that you ladies went through that. It is totally unprofessional. The store location probably doesn't even exist! People can be such scam artist's I am glad I didn't buy anything from them I almost did!

too late for the Paypal claim now - order was made in October... I think that's like 30 bucks I will not be seeing again any time soon...

Originally Posted by DeluxxeIt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am sorry that you ladies went through that. It is totally unprofessional. The store location probably doesn't even exist! People can be such scam artist's I am glad I didn't buy anything from them I almost did! I believe the store location does exist - I know a couple people from other forums who are reliable posters who have been there/communicated with them - one person has talked to the owner on the phone a couple times and another person has actually been to the store and bought products there, so yeah, it does exist.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif too late for the Paypal claim now - order was made in October... I think that's like 30 bucks I will not be seeing again any time soon... same here!!! My order was made in sept. Have you received yours? I have not even heard from them. You can report them to better business bureau https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx
I have reported them and archetype has not responded. Maybe if you report too, we might be able to get our money back!!!

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I believe the store location does exist - I know a couple people from other forums who are reliable posters who have been there/communicated with them - one person has talked to the owner on the phone a couple times and another person has actually been to the store and bought products there, so yeah, it does exist. It's so ironic that they have a store when they cant even manage their current online orders.

This is really crazy waiting,just by reading the comments abt them, I am pissed off....If they can't handel business well, might as well close down!

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif same here!!! My order was made in sept. Have you received yours? I have not even heard from them. You can report them to better business bureau https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx
I have reported them and archetype has not responded. Maybe if you report too, we might be able to get our money back!!!

It's so ironic that they have a store when they cant even manage their current online orders.

I don't think the retail location is like a BE Boutique or anything - the website says it is a retail space primarily for filling internet orders, but they do sell over the counter - I was just pointing out when someone said that the store location probably doesn't even exist, that actually, I think it does.

Back