Major rant for achetype cosmetics. Warning do not order from them ever

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is absolutely ridiculous for a turnaround time. If our company took that long, we'd be out of business.

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sure archetype has really gorgeous eyeshadows but you have no idea what lousy and shitty customer service I experienced. I placed my order last oct 19th. YES I know!!!! The thing is archetype has a long turn around time, like about 2 months. I was prepared to wait but when the end of the year came and my order still wasnt shipped out, I decided I didnt want to wait anymore. It's getting ridiculous. So I just asked for a refund. I mean that's fine right? Since they havent shipped it out.

Guess what? Few days later, they replied and said Oh we cant refund you because it was already shipped out. This is in the first week of Jan 2009. I was like what? Why are you telling me it was shipped out only when I asked for a refund. Isnt it fishy?

Anyway until now I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. I doubt they even shipped it out at all and they only said to just so they wouldnt refund me. So I told them I have not received anything and I would like a refund. They did not reply my emails until many days later and still said that it was sent out. BUT WHEN? OMG I had to ask them when it was shipped out. They couldnt even tell me the specific date!

Im guessing that they did not ship it out at all 2 weeks ago when they CLAIMED they would and they pretending to 'reship' it just so they wouldnt refund me.

Anyway I am really VERY angry and appalled at their lousy CS. They're just so dishonest. Guys, please do not order from them EVER.
pedro.gif

LOL seriously, I would never ever order from this company. Two months turn around is just stupid. I don't understand what could possibly take that long. If they are THAT busy then they should hire like 10 more people. That would be the proper thing to do if turn around is 2 months. I would totally report to BBB. Ineternational or not, you gave them your business and should expect your products in a timely manner. How do they expect to stay in business with that CS?

What a happy day - my haul finally arrived. I had already forgotten what I had ordered...

Both parcels carry the postage stamp dating January 27, 2009. Guess you're right, goddess... Shipping confirmation gets e-mailed 2 weeks before the actual shipping takes place. The actual shipping on the other hand has been very swift - just 10 days to Estonia.

Since I discovered TKB and their huge samples and DIY possibilities, I am actually not very sad about never ordering from Archetype again. I'll try to cook up my own foundation instead.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif What a happy day - my haul finally arrived. I had already forgotten what I had ordered...Both parcels carry the postage stamp dating January 27, 2009. Guess you're right, goddess... Shipping confirmation gets e-mailed 2 weeks before the actual shipping takes place. The actual shipping on the other hand has been very swift - just 10 days to Estonia.

Since I discovered TKB and their huge samples and DIY possibilities, I am actually not very sad about never ordering from Archetype again. I'll try to cook up my own foundation instead.

did they tell you when they shipped it out? They said they shipped mine out a long time ago but they didnt tell me when.

My shipping confirmation was from January 11th, 2009.

"Your order has been sent. You should receive it soon."

I never received anything shipping confirmation. Wow why would they say it was shipped 2 weeks before when it actually wasnt?

I have no idea... Probably so as to pacify the customers.

Or perhaps they themselves have no idea as to what orders are shipped and which orders are not.

I live in the UK and received my order today 5 weeks after ordering. I did not receive any shipping notification. The samples and full eyeshadows were neatly packaged and the products are great. Can't personally complain about the CS as I was aware that several companies had long turn around times when I was ordering, but totally understand the comments in this thread.

In comparison The She Space took 4 weeks (they were on holiday for part of that time which was indicated on the website). Lumiere, Lauress, EDM - took between 2 to 3 weeks. Actual postage time to the UK being 5 to 10 days. Lumiere sent out a shipping confirmation several days before the item actually shipped, I think this is because companies generate a shipping lable with postage first and then select the items for the package later (this was suggested on another thread).

I've not had a problem with them. I got my order within the shipping frame posted and they are wonderful
smile.gif

It sucks that so many others have had problems though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dellabella666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where would I be able to find awesome colors like Archetype but not archetype??

Fyrinnae is much raved about. They have free shipping on orders over 20USD, worldwide.The samples are not as cheap and the eyeshadows are more expensive too.

Making your own shadows is the cheaper option, I presume. Check out the micas TKB trading offers. That's what I'm gonna do from now on.

Guess what I received my order yesterday too. The postage label showed that it was shipped out n 28th Jan!!!!

They even dare to tell me my order was already shipped out in dec/early jan when I asked for a refund. When I didnt receive my order, they said they would reship. WHat LIARS!!!!! They obviously didnt want to refund me. I was right. They never 'reship' the second time because they avoided my emails when I asked for the exact shipping date. Oh lo and behold, it was only shipped much later than they said it would.

SO my order was never LOST or held up at customs, they just lied!!! omg Im so disgusted. I will never order from them. I dont want to give my business to this kind of company.

Oh I was charged $6 for shipping when actual shipping was $2.90. Obviously they didnt refund the excess shipping. Adorned with grace took initiative to refund my excess shipping. That's good CS!!

I know!!! It's really dishonest of them to lie about shipping my order just so they didnt have to refund me. And they didnt lie once but TWICE!!!!

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Guess what I received my order yesterday too. The postage label showed that it was shipped out n 28th Jan!!!!They even dare to tell me my order was already shipped out in dec/early jan when I asked for a refund. When I didnt receive my order, they said they would reship. WHat LIARS!!!!! They obviously didnt want to refund me. I was right. They never 'reship' the second time because they avoided my emails when I asked for the exact shipping date. Oh lo and behold, it was only shipped much later than they said it would.

SO my order was never LOST or held up at customs, they just lied!!! omg Im so disgusted. I will never order from them. I dont want to give my business to this kind of company.

Oh I was charged $6 for shipping when actual shipping was $2.90. Obviously they didnt refund the excess shipping. Adorned with grace took initiative to refund my excess shipping. That's good CS!!

At least you got your order from them finally -

Thanks for the heads up!!!!! That wass totally wrong and i know what it feels when you are expecting a package that arrives late because the company never send it when they were suppose too or the package just never arrive!! Im sorry but overall what is the quality of there products i have never hear of this company before.

I've been following this thread and I'm so glad you finally got your order - but this company has to be one of the worst! I'd like to try a few things from them - but I think I'll pass. Hope you like your products.

Glad that you had received your orders
smile.gif
Don't ever order from this company again!

Yes nothing could be worse than being lied to! I definitely wont be ordering from them again. No amount of cheap and good product can make up for the lack of customer service and poor business practices.

Originally Posted by candygalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the heads up!!!!! That was totally wrong and i know what it feels when you are expecting a package that arrives late because the company never send it when they were suppose too or the package just never arrive!! Im sorry but overall what is the quality of there products i have never hear of this company before. Unfortunately - their foundations are my HG. Have not come across any better yet...Quality is indeed excellent.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6e9ozV07S_...ige+foundi.JPG

It will be difficult to substitute.

Back