Major rant for achetype cosmetics. Warning do not order from them ever

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be hard finding eyeshadows as glittery and bright as archetype's but I think you'll be able to find foundations of a comparable quality. I think silk natural's similiar.

Aromaleigh has very bright, glittery, unique colors, with different highlights, lowlights, depths and textures. I am a mineral shadow fiend and I believe AL has some of the best. And they ship really fast as well.

customer service is very important to a company. if customer service is bad it reflects the whole company. but it sounds as if this company isn't any good anyway. did you guys lose a lot of money? you could take them to small claims court to put them out of business. or call the better business bureau. they might have an answer for you. if they get a bad rep from the better business bureau they may be put out of business anyway.

Goddess hi,

I was wondering if there has been any change or resolution in your problem? It has been a few days now, and I was curious if the company had made any attempts in correcting their behavior?

Let me know, for there may be more that you can do about this problem than you think.

So it had been almost a month since I made my order. I was becoming increasingly worried that I would never get it. So I e-mailed the and asked if I could pay more for tracking. They didn't answer me, so I e-mailed again and they finally got back to me. They said that they refuse to give me tracking even if I want to pay but they would be happy to refund me. I replied ok to the refund but then I had to e-mail them for a few days with no reply. I didn't get my refund until I made a paypal claim...

By refusing to track my order looks like they are downright thieves. To me at least.

you should report them to better business beaureus. i recently had a similar problem with a company that sells lab coats. any way i told them i wanted a refund since they had not sent my stuff and it had been a while and i heard nothing. and i told them if they didnt i would report them to better business beareus. and since i hadnt heard back from them i reported them. i ended up getting my money back and now i know not to deal with that company any more

I buy my makeup from a company here called barekiss. She had some problems in the beginning as she told me she was doing it in her own. It must all be solved now, because my orders always ship the day after I place them. The service has been great, and I am seeing lots of positive posts about the comany so I am glad for her, because the makeup is the best I have used

If you love Archetypes eye shadows then definitely look at Earthen Glow Minerals. They have every color and finish possible including highlights with lowlights you know the complicated ones that so many love.

Anyway I do want to give big ups to Archetype because I've been ordering like crazy from everybody TSS, TM, AL, FY, and EGM, and ARCH and...

my order arrived from Archetype and boy are they gorgeous! OK it took 6 weeks but would I order from them again? You better believe it. I've been comparing all of these brands and compiling my opinions on them and will do an update review but I just wanted to let the ladies know that...

If you don't want to wait 6 weeks and want shadows like Archetype go to EGMINERALS.

If you don't mind waiting 6 weeks and the shadows are worth the wait ladies then go ahead and order from them because from my experience the lady is taking care of business. Slowly but she's doing it. I'd imagine that with samples priced at .25 each she's likely swamped!

If you love Archetypes eye shadows then definitely look at Earthen Glow Minerals. They have every color and finish possible including highlights with lowlights you know the complicated ones that so many love.
Anyway I do want to give big ups to Archetype because I've been ordering like crazy from everybody TSS, TM, AL, FY, and EGM, and ARCH and...

my order arrived from Archetype and boy are they gorgeous! OK it took 6 weeks but would I order from them again? You better believe it. I've been comparing all of these brands and compiling my opinions on them and will do an update review but I just wanted to let the ladies know that...

If you don't want to wait 6 weeks and want shadows like Archetype go to EGMINERALS.

If you don't mind waiting 6 weeks and the shadows are worth the wait ladies then go ahead and order from them because from my experience the lady is taking care of business. Slowly but she's doing it. I'd imagine that with samples priced at .25 each she's likely swamped![/quolate]

That lady best get another business model. LOL

Hey I can't disagree with that I did want to let those that won't be put off by waiting that though it did take 6 weeks or slightly more for my order to come to me... it did come
smile.gif
frown.gif

I took a chance an ordered some eye pigment samples. Mostly because of what newyorlatin posted... that thier colors are beautiful, and yes they do take up to 6 weeks, but they do arrive.
smile.gif

That's some lousy business practice - thanks for the heads up honey, I definitely won't order from then!

I had exactly the same trouble.When they arrived I was so pleased and really want to order larger sizes but after waiting 2 1/2 moths for my rder I dont think I will.I pleaced my order on 12th Nov.Was advised early Jan that they had been shipping 6 weeks later it finally turned up with a date stamp of 2 weeks before!

Wow Vicky I'm glad to see that for you. My friend ordered from them though before the time that you state and she has received Nada. Another friend from the boards emailed me about a similar situation so I'm not sure if they are mailing orders out according to when received but... all that said Mami's the colors are gorgeous the service is slow and the prices are low so... know going in what the deal is and you will only be happily pleased when you get your goods.

Yep, I have the same situation here. I order in january and I didn't received nothing. I'm email on archetype, and they said they ship my order. And nothing ... But I not happy because I received my order from "Silk Naturals" (this order has shipping the same day that's Archetype) so ... I want my order of Archetype !!!!! And I never never re-order from this compagny !!!!
frown.gif

I order the 4th january 2009 !!! And I have nothing now (no order or no refund) ! I'm so pissed off !!!

For those of you who have heard nothing but bad things about Archetype Cosmetics, I wanted to post a more positive side of things.

I started ordering from the company about September last year & now have made 5 orders with them. The TAT has been long, however this is well documented in the forums so I knew going in that I would not get my pigments overnight. I have had to make more than one phone call to the owner, Holly however she has always been pleasant & has always been able to answer my questions. I have also received every order - just sometimes a bit longer time frame than I hoped for.

Holly & her husband also own an Antique Mall in Washington State. She mans the information booth Thursday - Sunday; the rest of the time she works from her home where most of the formulating of products is also done. At one point last fall Holly got so far behind that she wasn't responding to any of her emails - she admitted to me that she panicked. Kelli, one of her friends then stepped in to answer emails. However all Kelli could do was to check with Holly & sometimes her answers were slow in coming. Then in May Holly broke her foot so this put her behind a little. Kelli has now left & the one full time employee is Lisa who does up all the orders. She has indicated that she would complete what she could of an order & if items were unavailable, she put the order aside. For several months they were waiting for ingredients for one of the Christmas LE so orders containing these pigments simply weren't going out.

Things are pretty much under control at this point - my orders from June 3 & 9 were put in the mail earlier this week. Some of the things which Kelli was dealing with were never passed along to Lisa so she has been sorting out some big messes. IF you still have an order from Feb/Mar outstanding (this is the worst time period) then email Lisa at littlegreykitten at gmail dot com. She will do her best to straighten things out.

As for the quality of the pigments, I'm a user of TheSheSpace, Aromaleigh, Silk Naturals and Valerie Beauty and some Fyrinnae and NONE of these companies have pigments quite like Archetype.

Bottom line - if you go in knowing it could easily take 3 - 4 weeks for your order to be processed it will be well worth your wait!

And no, I am not an employee and have nothing to gain by doing this, I just want people to know there have been some positive experiences and that this company IS reputable. Holly could have folded up her tent & walked away but she is still here and doesn't plan to shut down any time soon. There should be a few more new colors posted on the website in the next 10 days.

Marcey

PS I just spoke to Holly about one of my orders & it was delayed as they were out of one of the lip glosses. She said in addition to her having suffered a broken foot that Lisa's husband was hospitalized with some diabetic complications at the beginning of this month. Things are getting back on track & she thanks everyone for their patience.

Holly also told me that Natalie AKA faeriedust AKA goddess' package was mailed three times!! They have had problems with mail both coming & going which has disappeared. They have switched to a larger post office where the disappearances are fewer & she is also looking into delivery confirmation for at least domestic packages

Very good. I have been privileged to gather several of these in a trade and they are indeed special! I have 15 generous samples and as I was assured they were unused. The quantity is quite generous so if the going price is under .50 USD these are an amazing bargain and value! The colors and quality to say the least are excellent.

I've ordered from them three times so far. I'm waiting on my third order now. I've always gotten a response when I've emailed them regarding my order & they've been really helpful. It takes a couple of days to get a response but that's way better then no response. I really love the colors!
rockwoot.gif

Back