Major rant for achetype cosmetics. Warning do not order from them ever

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea I wish I could go down and demand my refund!!! urghhhhhhhh seriously.

Originally Posted by saitoyf /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is really crazy waiting,just by reading the comments abt them, I am pissed off....If they can't handel business well, might as well close down! I think they're just cheating people. Because they have a TAT of 2mths so by the time you file paypal, it will be too late. So they dont send your order and you dont get your money back. It's becoming obvious that they only send orders to those who file paypal dispute. So I guess they take your money and not send anything unless you file paypal. Someone else in another forum said her order was only sent out after she filed paypal. When she asked for a refund, they said her order had been shipped a while ago which was a lie.

omg they are so despitcable. Im utterly disgusted with them. And people are still buying from them. Can you imagine that?

I am not even angry anymore, just sad and disappointed

:S

Your blog is probably the only one complaining about never receiving the shipment, most others just complain about the terribly long shipping ETA-s and then rave about the pretty colors. I believe this is why people keep ordering - they still have hope. And the samples are quite cheap... And some ppl actually do receive their full sizes.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am not even angry anymore, just sad and disappointed:S

Your blog is probably the only one complaining about never receiving the shipment, most others just complain about the terribly long shipping ETA-s and then rave about the pretty colors. I believe this is why people keep ordering - they still have hope. And the samples are quite cheap... And some ppl actually do receive their full sizes.

Most of the people filed for paypal and then had their orders shipped out. So you havent received yours? Im not sad at all because it's my money!!!! Are you going to complain to better business bureau? It would help to increase my chances of getting a refund and I really want my money back.
frown.gif

Since I am a very patient person, I will give them 2 more weeks and then visit the better business bureau homepage.

I'll do it on February 16th. 2 more weeks can not hurt.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif Since I am a very patient person, I will give them 2 more weeks and then visit the better business bureau homepage. I'll do it on February 16th. 2 more weeks can not hurt.

good luck! 2 weeks ago, they said my order was shipped out but I dont know when. But I've still not received anything. I'll probably call them one day. You could try calling them if you're from the US.

I'm from Northern Europe - I presume they mostly happen to screw their international customers...

Is this something that happens if the order is sent as unregistered mail? If that is the case it is very easy for the company to claim that they sent the package and that it must be lost, when in reality they did not send it at all.

Sadly, i think this is a very common practise with a lot of online companies
frown.gif

I think most orders are sent unregistered. Yea maybe because there's delivery confirmation for US orders so they only cheat the international customers.

I've bought online many times and this rarely happens unless the company is really out to cheat. I guess archetype is somewhere there. haha.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm from Northern Europe - I presume they mostly happen to screw their international customers... Agreed. I still haven't received anything (and I'm also in Northern Europe, BTW).
It's easier to screw us as they don't have to provide proof that the package is actually sent.
frown.gif
Isn't it funny how so many of us international customers are complaining about not receiving our orders?

What a coincidence...not.

Originally Posted by vanja /img/forum/go_quote.gif Agreed. I still haven't received anything (and I'm also in Northern Europe, BTW).
It's easier to screw us as they don't have to provide proof that the package is actually sent.
frown.gif
Isn't it funny how so many of us international customers are complaining about not receiving our orders?

What a coincidence...not.

Im sorry to hear that. Just because we're international customers, doesnt mean they can rip us off!!! Please help report to better business bureau then we all can get our money back.

International orders can and do go missing more often - if I am not mistaken that is why Kim at Lumiere instituted her rather extreme policy of not guaranteeing orders unless they are shipped USPS express (international or domestic) - because there were so many international packages not reaching their destinations and she could not afford to keep replacing all of them. So, now she won't replace anything unless it is sent express mail. Problem being no one knows what causes the problem - USPS, customs, if it really just did get "lost" - because as someone already said there is really no way to track some of the packages, especially international. I have also been told that delivery confirmation doesn't even mean much - if USPS can show that they "delivered" it, they've met their obligation. Not necessarily that they delivered it to the intended recipient, just that they delivered it somewhere ..... I always use it anyway when I send packages to people I don't know through swaps and etc - I haven't been burned yet (fingers crossed.)

I am sorry, and you're probably not going to like this, but I think it's a pretty strong statement to make that just because you're international customers, they are deliberately "ripping you off." It seems like Archetype just takes a long time in general and maybe you will still get your order. They don't seem terribly organized, but likely they just have a huge volume of orders. My friend who lives in the US ordered in the fall and just received her package in the beginning of Jan. Another friend who lives in Europe just ordered, so it will be interesting to see when hers arrives. I have been wanting to order but have been holding off - not because I'm afraid that I won't get it - but because I usually as a general rule don't order from places that take a long time to ship, because I don't like to wait.

If it were me I would probably call them, but I understand that being international you wouldn't want to do that. The gal who answers the emails is not the owner -I think she is just a friend who helps out. I would probably ask to speak/correspond directly with the owner. I don't know what the Better Business Bureau will do exactly - I think they just send them a complaint and then the company can choose to respond or not. If they don't respond or resolve your complaints they will just get a bad rating on the BBB website, I think. I don't think they can "make" Archetype give you your money back. I complained to them years ago about a company I bought magazines from and never received anything. Nothing happened, the company didn't respond and the BBB didn't do anything more for me.

I made an order just the other day and now I think I'm sorry I did...

What if whoever is waiting forever and trying to get a refund make a threat to them that you are going to go to the news about their company...

??

omg two times, they said they mailed out my order and that was few weeks ago! They haven even stopped replying me. They lied about mailing it out to this other girl in another forum. Im not surprised that they'll cheat us international customers because its easier to get away with it. really I have already stopped waiting for it and painfully accepted that my hard earned money is gone. I just hope people will be warned and not to get cheated by them.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif International orders can and do go missing more often - if I am not mistaken that is why Kim at Lumiere instituted her rather extreme policy of not guaranteeing orders unless they are shipped USPS express (international or domestic) - because there were so many international packages not reaching their destinations and she could not afford to keep replacing all of them. So, now she won't replace anything unless it is sent express mail. Problem being no one knows what causes the problem - USPS, customs, if it really just did get "lost" - because as someone already said there is really no way to track some of the packages, especially international. I have also been told that delivery confirmation doesn't even mean much - if USPS can show that they "delivered" it, they've met their obligation. Not necessarily that they delivered it to the intended recipient, just that they delivered it somewhere ..... I always use it anyway when I send packages to people I don't know through swaps and etc - I haven't been burned yet (fingers crossed.) I'm aware of Kim's policy - I've been ordering from her since her company was called Must Have Minerals...I have ordered from her probably 15 times over the years and I've never had a package gone missing. All were sent First Class, never Priority or Express.
First Class can't be tracked, and neither can Priority Mail. Express mail is, as far as I know, the only alternative if you want your order to be trackable.

Saying that international packages go missing more often is kind of a blanket statement, don't you think? I mean, it really does depend on the country you are sending the package to. Some countries definitely have more unreliable mail than others, I agree with that. I've heard bad things about Italy's mail, for example.

Personally, I have been internet shopping since 1997. Between me and my husband, we have made several hundred orders, big and small, for all kinds of stuff. We've had a handful go missing over the years, and I've never expected the company to replace my order, nor have I suspected that the company was deliberately trying to rip me off.

Quote:
I am sorry, and you're probably not going to like this, but I think it's a pretty strong statement to make that just because you're international customers, they are deliberately "ripping you off." Yes, I agree that it's a strong statement. But this is not the only forum I frequent. I'm also on a couple of European beauty forums and believe me when I say that we in this thread aren't the only ones waiting for orders, orders which were made many, many months ago. There are many other international customers waiting for orders, some are my friends IRL.
About them receiving a huge volume of orders and therefore being very busy - absolutely! It's very understandable and I had no problem waiting for eight weeks or so as long as I got my order.
smile.gif
Now I'm really starting to doubt that I'll ever see my order as I've been waiting for a lot longer than eight weeks.

By the way, about a month ago Archetype was advertising on a beauty forum that they had gotten their TAT down to a week.

Quote:
[...] They don't seem terribly organized [...] Indeed.
Right now I'm hoping that they are just incredibly disorganized and that they will come through in the end. I'm just disappointed and upset about it because I'm tired of giving this company the benefit of a doubt.

Every order i placed with Lumiere reached me within 14 days after i placed them, and i used the flat rate (first class?) shipping option. So Lumiere is very trustworthy
smile.gif

Of the 70-80 orders i have placed the last year, only one went missing. So i have been very lucky with getting my orders and they were all sent first class exept for one (Strawberrynet, free registered shipping).

Of course, i google the companies before i order something.That is the reason why i have not ordered anything from Archetype.

In my country any parcel bigger then a large envelope needs to be personally picked up at the post office - this should considerably decrease the possibility of the parcel being picked up by someone else or handed over to a wrong person. The parcels all have a bar code stamped on them and automated machines read those and sort the mail accordingly. The way I see it - sending items by mail should be pretty reliable... It's only when some person at the post office decides to snatch something things start to go missing.

Right now, it's not the issue of international mails getting missing. It's probably not even mailed out at all!!! I mean they havent been replying my emails which is poor customer service. They're just running away from it.

I too have made quite a few orders in the past 12 months from various mmu companies and have only had one order go missing. If I'm not mistaken when I ordered my sample pack with Lumiere it arrived within a week. I think it's awful that one company can make create so much doubt over whether to order or not when most companies have great cs.

Don't ever order from them, even they have great e/s...I believe there are still lots of good company which have great e/s & CS
smile.gif

Back