MaMa Lotion users?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please do let us know how it works for you! Should you be unable to get it, I'm sure someone would do a CP for you!

I had never heard of this! But it sounds awesome
smile.gif

Make sure you check in and let us know how it works out if you end up getting some!

this stuff is the bomb. Sometimes i look in the mirror and i just stare LOL because I use to have tons of red marks and now they're [the marks] all much smaller and faded in color. my brother (who never notices a thing) was like yeah the marks are much less noticable.

Originally Posted by Mouna /img/forum/go_quote.gif how do i use it in the morning coz i use retin a gel at night Mama's lotion has an odor to it so it's not really great to use it the morning IMO. I mean it sinks in but the odor isn't something you want other people to smell

I hope you girls who used Mama Lotion still like it and would recommend it, because it seemed like it was exciting at first, but then it got kind of quiet. I just ordered it, since I've been breaking out and getting little hyper pigmentation spots that take almost a year to get rid of. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll change my skin a little - I feel a mess!

dries out my skin lotssss so i stopped using it for a week im gunna start again soon, just makes my face so dry thats the only thing i dont like ..but it does work!

i'm still a faithful user! i use it every other day like clock work and haven't experienced any negative effects. i wash my face, use my stridex pad, and put on my moisturizer. then i use a dap of the mama lotion about the size of half a tic tac (or less) on each area and i only use it where i'm having a problem, not all over my face. i think with this product less is more effective. i let it soak in for about 10-15 minutes and follow with more small daps of moisturizer right over the areas. i think you'll love it if you don't over-do it early on. good luck and post your results!

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hope you girls who used Mama Lotion still like it and would recommend it, because it seemed like it was exciting at first, but then it got kind of quiet. I just ordered it, since I've been breaking out and getting little hyper pigmentation spots that take almost a year to get rid of. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll change my skin a little - I feel a mess! Oh I would still completely recommend it. Seriously my skin is tons better now because of it. It's done so much more in a much shorter amount of time than anything else ever has and I'm someone that even went as far as using the Murad product with 2% hydroquinone (totally ineffective btw) and MUAC glycolic and lactic peels (effective but if you aren't careful with it, you can so end up burning your face and started from scratch again)

Oh good! I was a little worried after the thread went quiet, wondering if maybe it only worked for a short while then became completely ineffective. I didn't want to end up throwing money away (again...). Thanks for letting me know.
smile.gif

Oh, and MonnieJ - so the moisturizer works as a sort of buffer then? I'll have to try that with the rest of my Cetaphil moisturizer.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, and MonnieJ - so the moisturizer works as a sort of buffer then? I'll have to try that with the rest of my Cetaphil moisturizer. oh yes! i was very concerned about the peeling and didn't want to cause my skin to try to adjust to a very drastic change. i know that if i'm not careful my skin could end up worse than before, so i think the moisturizer may have toned down the acid reaction while still delivering excellent results imo. i believe that when you're working with acids and peels you don't want to be too agressive. i've been using the products for a little over 2 months now and the texture of my skin is amazing! smooth and clear. i think you'll be very pleased with the results.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh yes! i was very concerned about the peeling and didn't want to cause my skin to try to adjust to a very drastic change. i know that if i'm not careful my skin could end up worse than before, so i think the moisturizer may have toned down the acid reaction while still delivering excellent results imo. i believe that when you're working with acids and peels you don't want to be too agressive. i've been using the products for a little over 2 months now and the texture of my skin is amazing! smooth and clear. i think you'll be very pleased with the results. Great, I'm so excited now! I should be getting it in a couple of days. I'll be sure to post my results here, and pics if I can muster it. Thanks for the heads up.

my sister bought a jar, didnt have the patience and gave it to me. I've been using it for a week, and I swear my skin is getting better but I think it is just my imagination. This friday will be a full 7 days of the "every other day" treatment and then I want to go to using it everyday.

I've noticed today that my skin is peeling, which I assume is a good thing?? I'm using SPF 55 Sunblock with Zinc like the site recommends and my moisturizer. I should have taken before pics. I will do that tonite to at least benchmark from week 2 and beyond.

ladies, that cystic acne blemish i show on page 3 of this thread has completely flattened out and only a slight discoloration remains. i'd say that it took 2 1/2 months of using the mama lotion every other day. i'm almost positive that without it that blemish would still be on my face. i'll try to post the final pic tonight.

congrats!!!! can't wait for the pix

i think i might give it a try of the things i'mon don't work....thanks for the info everyone
smile.gif

pic 1 is the before and pic 2 is the after. i'm so pleased with the results. both pics are bare skin so you can see everything, but when i put on my foundation my skin looks beautiful, like butta! not to bad for an old girl (just kidding)!

Back