Mineral Make up: before and after

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm very glad you were luckier than me regarding the Sheer Cover. I ordered it twice and grew so annoyed with the repeated delays that I wound up canceling it both times.

Meanwhile, I've already tried the Neutrogena Mineral Make Up and it's not bad although it does contain some talc. I guess I'll try Loreal's next. I think mineral make up is generally speaking better and cleaner than liquid except it's really not the greatest thing if you need a lot of coverage. You might have to use something extra for specific marks or scars etc.

Wrinkles (like mine - I'm sixty two) are accentuated by powders and make ups of all kinds and the mineral make ups are no different. You have to really be careful around your wrinkled areas (like under or around the eyes and mouth lines) or you'll wind up looking about ten years older.

In particular, I can't use the Mineral Veil and the "Rested" does the same - simply settles in the crevices of my wrinkles and accentuates them. But for young gals with fairly good skin - mineral make up is da bomb.

smile.gif
~

I use BE and have done so for over a year - I prefer it to Sheer Cover, which brought me out in pimples. The range of colours in BE are such that there is a powder to suit everyone and you can mix and match to suit yourself. There are also lots of other powders to mix in, such as 'Warm Radiance' for a deeper glow, 'Glee', which I use as a blush. I have never found them to settle into the lines (I'm 55 and have my share). I have found that as you get used to applying the powders you ge much better and it really can just add a glow of barely there make or more coverage if you want. If you have blemishes to cover you should be using one of the 'Bisque' powders. I love the range and it lasts all day - even went I was site seeing in a very hot and humid Manilla recently, it didn't budge until I took it off. I also use the shimmer eye shadow powers and love them as they also stay in place all day and can impart just a slight cover or be more dramatic, depending on how much you apply. I do agree with the remarks about the 'Well Rested' though.

I also like to use Prescriptives Magic Powder as a finish - it is amazing - feels like you are brushing your skin with moisture and it doesn't settle into lines either. It can also be used over the BE.

Lady Diver

I'm having the same problems with everyday mineral makeup I keep trying it, because everybody rants and raves about the product, but it really accentuates my fine lines

which are minimal (I'm 39) but when I put the product on, no matter how much moisturizer I use, the fine lines look so much worse. I did recently order mini blushes

that I have not received yet, because the blushes seem to work fine for me.

Originally Posted by rowantree /img/forum/go_quote.gif What does everyone think of Sheer Coverage versus L'Oreal's mineral makeup? Are they pretty much the same? I've never tried BE, b/c I know 2 women who used it & no matter what they did, it turned out too orangey on their face & settled into fine lines. L'Oreal's shades aren't that good but I have no problem with it settling into lines, have been wondering about SC. I believe L'Oreal's has a lot of talc... Sheer Cover is a nice way to start but color options are limited.

Originally Posted by aangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif I learn so many new things from all of you! However many of the brands you mention are not available in Greece... EDM ships to Greece.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lacolora /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm having the same problems with everyday mineral makeup I keep trying it, because everybody rants and raves about the product, but it really accentuates my fine lineswhich are minimal (I'm 39) but when I put the product on, no matter how much moisturizer I use, the fine lines look so much worse. I did recently order mini blushes

that I have not received yet, because the blushes seem to work fine for me.

Hmmm I have a suspicion that you may be using too much.... Excess minerals will accentuate fine lines and pores. So this is what I do: I dont have lines but I do have large pores. So I apply mineral foundation everywhere on my face and leave the pores area for last. That way, only a tiny bit of powder that remains on the brush will be applied to that area and it wont accentuate the pores. When I was getting started with MMU I didnt realize this and would actually apply too much there and it would look weird.

Well, I tried Sheer Cover and dind't like it much but loved BE.hehe. I tried the L'oreal one as a cheaper option and didn't like it, but then again my friend loved it. So i guess different brands and products for different people. Anyways, I love my mineral makeup, its doing amazing things for my skin! I always get compliments.
smile.gif
I wish I could post pics but...im a bit shy. hehe.
blush.gif

rejectstar you look so nice with and w/o your MU
smile.gif

How well does it work for dry skin? I get flakey sometimes and would worry it would make my skin look dryer.

Hilary you look amazing! I agree though, you do have the glow it seems. I can't wait to get my EDM samples now.

I just tried a new brand, MilanMinerals, geared toward women of color and its coverage is great. Here are my before and afters. In the first photo, I'm wearing nothing but moisturizer. In the second, I've filled in my brows and applied Brooklyn foundation. It is amazing to use.

Originally Posted by Me220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just tried a new brand, MilanMinerals, geared toward women of color and its coverage is great. Here are my before and afters. In the first photo, I'm wearing nothing but moisturizer. In the second, I've filled in my brows and applied Brooklyn foundation. It is amazing to use. Wow, great job, you look flawless !

Originally Posted by Me220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just tried a new brand, MilanMinerals, geared toward women of color and its coverage is great. Here are my before and afters. In the first photo, I'm wearing nothing but moisturizer. In the second, I've filled in my brows and applied Brooklyn foundation. It is amazing to use. I agree........looks great!!!

Thanks everybody
smile.gif
I think I like the EDM better, too... for some reason it seems the J. Lynne is giving me little bumpies on my face! Darn... I really wanted to like it, lol. I find I can use a little of the J. Lynne Mineral Glow powder mixed with EDM blush, but if I start using the J. Lynne foundation and finisher/primer powder all over my face, I develop tiny red spots around my eyes & on my cheeks
frown.gif

WOW, Me220... you look flawless!! You look so polished, especially with the defined eyebrows
smile.gif
Glad you found something that works for you!

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmmm I have a suspicion that you may be using too much.... Excess minerals will accentuate fine lines and pores. So this is what I do: I dont have lines but I do have large pores. So I apply mineral foundation everywhere on my face and leave the pores area for last. That way, only a tiny bit of powder that remains on the brush will be applied to that area and it wont accentuate the pores. When I was getting started with MMU I didnt realize this and would actually apply too much there and it would look weird. Thanks, I will definetly try that. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

EDM always looks good on you. As far as Monave goes, seems like it's heavier in coverage maybe, but I like Saturnina best on you.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif EDM always looks good on you. As far as Monave goes, seems like it's heavier in coverage maybe, but I like Saturnina best on you. The coverage is buildable and I think I ended up applying too much (I think I need less powder with Monave than EDM). Also, the setting dust has some color and ends up giving coverage as well, unlike mineral veil and EDM's finishing dust, so maybe that contributes to the heavier coverage too. Which one do u think looks better, EDM or Monave?I will try again tomorrow, using less foundation.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Which one do u think looks better, EDM or Monave?I will try again tomorrow, using less foundation.

Right now, just going by these pics, I like EDM the best on you so far. I'd like to see Monave again though, when you've gotten the hang of it.
smile.gif

Back