Mineral Make up: before and after

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by rav3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was on their website and I noticed the sample kit, it is a great deal. Like you said nothing to loose.What other brands do you recommend rejectstar? What is your favorite?

Well, I've only tried 2 brands so far, and those are EDM and J. Lynne. I really wanted to like J. Lynne, since the colours were nicer & they have a much larger selection of tones. I felt I could find a better match to my skin. The coverage was good, but I found if I put too much on, it would emphasize my pores and any little line on my face [i'm 18-- I shouldn't be looking wrinkly! LOL], and gradually throughout the day it would seperate and smear and look pretty icky. If you use the right amount, that shouldn't be a problem, though. The one thing that made me stop using my samples was it seemed to give me tiny clogged pores and red spots, mostly on my cheeks and around my mouth/eyes. I really do wish it worked better for me
frown.gif
Ah, well.
I have some samples on the way from Buff'd Mineral Cosmetics, and I'm anxious to try those. I'll definitely post my opinion when I get them
smile.gif

i'm new here.. does anyone tried young bloods mineral loose foundation?

can u help me by sharing your best blushes that's great also in pictures? please help.. i'm very desperate.. i'm spending a lot of money buying blushes but in the end i'm still not happy about it.. i want sonething that i will glow in the pictures .. please help me..
helpp.gif

The big smile and the blush in the last pic make you look so pretty it's hard to even compare the brands.

ohhh... i love this thread...i love this board too..

i'm one of the Mineral's makeup dieard fans...but for now i only have some BE in my collection, hope to have chance to try gloMinerals,EM,TF and jane iradale someday
heart.gif

You've already seen my "before" face in this thread so here are a couple more afters:

Using Ocean mist Almond foundation:

Attachment 27531

And Using Ocean mist Sandstone foundation:

Attachment 27532

I will post some pics using UD Surreal Skin mineral makeup soon.
smile.gif

I have oily skin with yellow undertones (I am Italian, so I have that olive, greasy skin). I have tried Sheer Cover, I hated it, I looked like an old lady (and I am only 32 and I have no wrinkles but it reminded me when old ladies put that cake makeup on, uck!). I have tried BE, it was only OK, I felt it showed all my pores or something. I have also tried some other Mineral private label lines and so far nothing has compared to the Jane Iredale for me. It lasts ALL DAY too. I put my makeup on in the morning and dont have to do anything the rest of the day. Even after I get out of the gym it is still on, even after a spinning class where I sweat like crazy. And, it doesnt make me break out which is a huge plus as well. I am getting it for all my friends for the Holidays.

Heres My before and after!

My skin problems are redness / sensitive and at the moment very dry
frown.gif
but we cant all have perfect skin :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

- Lily lolo mineral foundation *Porcelain* (applied wet)

- Lily Lolo yellow mineral dust (I use a tiny bit all over my face to help neutralize the redness)

*The first picture is Before (Bare faced) and the Second is after*

The EDM looks fabulous on you!

Yes! Thank you for posting your pics and MMU colors used Thais. You have no idea how much time you're saving me. I'm A/A mixed race and finding exact
yess.gif
color matches involves a ridiculous amount of effort. I've tried a couple of the same colors as you that look great on you, look great on me and now... time saver with Joppa and Monave. Thanks so much.

Ok, I got my Pure Luxe samples today, and gave them a whirl. Excuse my icky hair... I didn't feel like fighting with it this morning =P The first is before, the second two are after
smile.gif

What I used:

* Pure Luxe Cream Eraser all over the face

* Pure Luxe Banana Split Color Correcting Eraser under eyes

* Pure Luxe Foundation [powder] in Creamy Natural

* Pure Luxe Blush in Nymph

* Pure Luxe April's Mix Finishing Powder

* Alima Nourishing Lipbalm in Peony

* Bonne Bell EyeStyle Mascara in Black

Hi, girls! I finally got my EDM MMU yesterday!

So far I like it! I've ordered Semi-Mate: Winged Butter, Medium Beige and Light. Medium Beige matched my skin the best, the concealer, Spring, slightly appeared to be a bit reddish to me, so I don't really like it
frown.gif

Here's the pics attached. I only used the foundation on the pics, no finishing touch etc.

Before (nothing but sunscreen), After (withouth flash), After (with Flash)

Hey Leony,

your skin looks great even without the makeup!! Anyhow, the MMU looks great on you too, great job matching colours. Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Leony, even without MMU, you look gorgeous! But your MMU made you flawless.
smile.gif

Thais, what can I say, you look good in any MMU!

Originally Posted by rejectstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, I got my Pure Luxe samples today, and gave them a whirl. Excuse my icky hair... I didn't feel like fighting with it this morning =P The first is before, the second two are after
smile.gif

What I used:

* Pure Luxe Cream Eraser all over the face

* Pure Luxe Banana Split Color Correcting Eraser under eyes

* Pure Luxe Foundation [powder] in Creamy Natural

* Pure Luxe Blush in Nymph

* Pure Luxe April's Mix Finishing Powder

* Alima Nourishing Lipbalm in Peony

* Bonne Bell EyeStyle Mascara in Black

You look great with Pureluxe! How do you find Banana Split? I want to get this (I know this is somewhat like BE's Well Rested).

Originally Posted by xkatiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif Heres My before and after!My skin problems are redness / sensitive and at the moment very dry
frown.gif
but we cant all have perfect skin :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

- Lily lolo mineral foundation *Porcelain* (applied wet)

- Lily Lolo yellow mineral dust (I use a tiny bit all over my face to help neutralize the redness)

*The first picture is Before (Bare faced) and the Second is after*

Your skin looks fantastic either way!

Back