Mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to do this when I was using EDM because the foundation felt so drying on my skin. I was hoping that the moisturizer would help with the dryness, but I don't think it made much difference. Personally, I prefer using a brush. The Lumiere kabuki I am using now is super-soft and non-shedding - it feels great and is more fun than using fingers IMO. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.S. I am a shade-mixoholic too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It seems it doesn't work for everyone. That's too bad. I really like this application method.

I have tried mixing my Mineral Foundation from MeLange with Dermalogica's Active Moist moisturizer. It works great for me. I just need very little mineral to have it tinted.

I started using mmu mixed with my pureluxe eraser too, works wonderfully.

Exactly what are you girls' methods of mixing your mmu foundation with moisturizer? Thanks~!

no great science here, I just put a small blob of moisturizer on the top of my hand add some mmu and mix~~

ALSO I am really liking putting on my minerals then taking some coconut oil and just patting a SMALL bit on my cheeks etc makes my makeup look a bit dewy which I am liking (I am 48 and need dewy)

this is what I do as well, though right now back to putting it on with brushes, I go back and forth all the time,

NO you dont rub into hand just mix on top of hand, what might help is if your hands arent overly dry because dry hands would absorb the moisture pretty fast

I scoop a small amount of MMU onto a paint palette. To that I add some MoM (it helps my foundation stay matte and oil-free all day) and mix them well to obtain a thin, uniform liquid foundation. I then use a large flat taklon foundation brush to "paint" it on my face. This method of application gives me the most even, translucent and flawless finish. And it's fast and fool-proof. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dermalogica Skin smoothing cream and Clinique 1-2-3 moisturiser(the yellow one) also works well with mmu-mixes. I've not tried it with any special brand, just my own home-mixed foundation

dissolves and dissolves.. it blends more than dissolves. You need to work it a bit to get the lumps out, but otherwise it's easy.. at least with my moisturiser(s)

i also mix the olay moisturizer and mmu in the palm of hand and have had no problems... i feel like the mixing gives me more of a flawless finish look compared to the powdery look i was getting with brush application... i also tend to go over my face with a flocked sponge.. just to make sure everything is even... i use mineral boutique mmu seems to work with that well =)

I just do not get it. I tried this many times and alway ended up so bad.

I try this using 2 different moisturizer(olay, shootys) and tried 3 different brand of MMU( EDM, Signature, elegant) and none of them was pleasent.

First of all , the shades which were perfect applying dry, they became lighter and look cakey with this method. The whole thing ended up looking like a haloween mask, even when I put only a tiny bit of color into the moisturizer.

Most of the time I just ended up washing it off, because it was not suitable to wear outside of the house. Once I actually went to work like that and even one of my male college asked that what is wrong with my face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So it is definetely not for me.

I think because I have dry dehydrated skin. The dry skin absorbs moisturizer so quickly, it can not be spread evenly fast enough.

tried this before when i was just starting with MMUs. i sometimes got tired of buffing and it takes too much time so what i did was i mixed my BE with my Olay moisturizer and applied it on my face. it worked like a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. looove it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i still do this if im on a hurry and i want to use MMU.

Back