Mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried this before & i love it!!

I used Napolean Primer which is like a really light liquidish moisturiser. I find that the texture of the moisturiser cannot be thick or gel-like or it'll get messy.

I was going to post about this exact thing this morning. Yesterday I was in such a rush to get out of the house and I realized that I didn't even have makeup on. I mixed my AN minerals with my moisturizer, rubbed it on quickly, a quick swipe of my mineral veil with my long handled kabuki, blush and out the door. When I got to my appointment I looked in the mirror and was so pleasantly surprised to see how great the coverage actually was! I had time this morning, but did the same routine and I love it!

Hmm...I must try this some day...so far I've only tried mixing with aloe vera

I gotta try it too... my moisturizer is more gel like so I'm not sure if it'll work.

i havent tried mixing mineral foundation with moisturiser, but i found if u mix a little bit of mineral silk dust with sunscreen it makes your face completely shine free! love this stuff <3

I have tried this a few times, but it never seems to work for me. I've tried different MMU's with different moisturisers - I think my skin is just really really difficult!

xxx

i mix my edm foundation with neutrogena sunblock. it glides really perfectly and i get that dewy no makeup look. then i finish off with ocean mist mineral veil.

mixing with sunblock sounds likw a great idea:)which one do you mix it with ?since theres different spf`s,i want to try this too

I am going to give this a try tomorrow. I have to work today so I can not experiment just in case it does not work, lol. But it sounds like it will work well.

I learned on here that you can apply the MMU wet and I have been looking extra good ever since I tried this. Everyone tells me how pretty my skin looks.

I started doing this with Silk Naturals Foundation... The first batches of the foundation I made looked pale on me and I couldn't seem to fix it (total newbie). But since I didn't want it to go to waste I mixed a bit with a little glob of moisturizer, et voila! Nice tinted moisturizer that looked just right. Way better than when I applied it dry. This is also a neat trick when I'm lazy or in a hurry to apply foundation.

hi

I applying with my misturizer and its great. I put a little amount on my back hand and taking a little and mix with my foundation and its great!

I get a wonderfull coverage and its very very resistant.

I've tried it, and still using the method because I don't think I need to spend another $$ just to get a new tinted moisturizer.

I have more advice.. after you applying the mmu on the face take a little amount from your moiztoizer and buff where you need extra coverage!

this is will be great!

I have SM and EDM and the coverage is great!

That's how I apply my mineral foundation. I mix it in with some moisturizer and it works well because I have dry skin!

if you have a dry skin after you appling the foundation take a little amount from your moisturizer with the kabuki brush and applying egain.

this is will give you a wonderfull coverage and not- dry skin.

Back