Mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it really give you lighter shade when mixed with moisturizer, or no??  first I tried with water, gave me a darker shade, and now to have to deal with a lighter shade?  I Just want it to stay true to it's color.  Also, what brush do you all use to apply this, or do you use your fingers?? 

I've done this before and I don't think it became darker not lighter...not that I noticed anyways. I used a foundation brush to mix and apply.

thanks for the response, I thought I was the only one here.  Did you mean to say it had no color change at all?

and if you use a foundation brush, can you tell me how you keep it from not showing lines of the brush on your face.  Because i see lines when I use a foundation brush.  

I had no noticeable colour change. I can't say 'at all' but I didn't notice any... I applied with a brush then smooth with my fingers. No lines or streaking.

From my experience, mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer sheers out the coverage a bit but makes it more but doesn't make the shade lighter. I use foundation brush when applying it on my face then I tap a lightly damp sponge all over my face to help even out the application even more. If I have a beauty blender I would use that instead to pat the foundation on my skin but I don't have it yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, I have just tried this effect, and it has worked really well. What a great tip. It has got rid of all my blemishes and given me a natural and glowing tone. A tip for everyine to try!

biggrin.gif

I stopped wearing foundation a few years ago because it always looked heavy, made my skin appear dry and flaky and felt very uncomfortable. I also looked ill with make up on,  like I'd been 'done up by an undertaker' ........this is no understatement honest! So I decided to use BB cream which I tried for the first time yesterday, again without great results until today I had the 'bright' idea of adding BB cream to my moisturizer wwwweyhey hahahah.......great results so here is the step by step instructions if anyone wants to try this!

1) I washed and cleansed my face.....as normal.

2) I applied a 'generous' amount of moisturizer.....more than normal to my face. Please note I did not slap it on like polyfilla.

3) Next, I applied a drop of BB cream to one finger, then a drop of moisturizer to the other and mixed them together on my face, starting with the tzone then  doing the same for both cheeks.

4) Once the 'mixture' had dried, or settled,  I again used my fingers to smudge my cheeks and my natural rosey cheek colour showed through, giving my face a natural look. I have even kept it on for a few hours to see if I could tolerate it..hahah

Wow

I am curious to know if anyone else has tried this and what you thought of the results.
yey.gif

I stopped wearing foundation a few years ago because it always looked heavy, made my skin appear dry and flaky and felt very uncomfortable. I also looked ill with make up on,  like I'd been 'done up by an undertaker' ........this is no understatement honest! So I decided to use BB cream which I tried for the first time yesterday, again without great results until today I had the 'bright' idea of adding BB cream to my moisturizer wwwweyhey hahahah.......great results so here is the step by step instructions if anyone wants to try this! 1) I washed and cleansed my face.....as normal. 2) I applied a 'generous' amount of moisturizer.....more than normal to my face. Please note I did not slap it on like polyfilla. 3) Next, I applied a drop of BB cream to one finger, then a drop of moisturizer to the other and mixed them together on my face, starting with the tzone then  doing the same for both cheeks. 4) Once the 'mixture' had dried, or settled,  I again used my fingers to smudge my cheeks and my natural rosey cheek colour showed through, giving my face a natural look. I have even kept it on for a few hours to see if I could tolerate it..hahah Wow I am curious to know if anyone else has tried this and what you thought of the results.:yey:
I'm confused as to why you need so much moisturizer? Why you'd need to add even more moisturizer to your bb cream? My bb cream is pretty creamy and doesnt require any more added to it. What kind of bb cream are you using? I use Missha signature. When the weather is warmer, I use skin79 VIP gold because it is drier than the Missha.

I am also surprised that I have to use so much moisterizer, it's wierd but it seems to work for me for some reason. I am using L'Oreal Nude Magique BB cream. I have also ordered another one from ebay (a different make) which I will try both with and without moisterizer when it arrives. Foundation, regardless of the type or make has always looked un-natural on me and also feels uncomfortable.

I have occassional breakouts but nothing too severe, my skin is not sensitive as I can put anything on it and I get no reaction, apart from the fact that I look like I've been 'laid out' with foundation on. I think different BB creams must have different amount of moisturizers in them, and people have different skin types ,  I have also read on some sites that advise people to use moisturizer with BB cream and some do not.

Originally Posted by squeeze321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am also surprised that I have to use so much moisterizer, it's wierd but it seems to work for me for some reason. I am using L'Oreal Nude Magique BB cream. I have also ordered another one from ebay (a different make) which I will try both with and without moisterizer when it arrives. Foundation, regardless of the type or make has always looked un-natural on me and also feels uncomfortable.

I have occassional breakouts but nothing too severe, my skin is not sensitive as I can put anything on it and I get no reaction, apart from the fact that I look like I've been 'laid out' with foundation on. I think different BB creams must have different amount of moisturizers in them, and people have different skin types ,  I have also read on some sites that advise people to use moisturizer with BB cream and some do not.
Thats because its not real BB cream!  American 'BB cream' imitation is not the same as the real thing!  

I always use moisturizer before applying any product but I don't have to slather my face in it.  Try Missha or Skin79.  Dr Jart is also good but very expensive compared to the other 2.  

I have been using Holika Holika BB cream and it actually gives good coverage. I moisturise my face then quickly apply it on top, then I use a brush to blend. I noticed that it does give me breakouts on some areas and it completely flakes on my dry areas. I use it because I like the coverage it gives me... does anyone use this bb cream and have they had this problem? Are all bb creams like this?

I have been using Holika Holika BB cream and it actually gives good coverage. I moisturise my face then quickly apply it on top, then I use a brush to blend. I noticed that it does give me breakouts on some areas and it completely flakes on my dry areas. I use it because I like the coverage it gives me... does anyone use this bb cream and have they had this problem? Are all bb creams like this?
I've never tried that brand but maybe you are having an allergic reaction to it. I have eczema and when I'm sensitive to a particular product, I breakout in some spots and dry itchy spots in others.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never tried that brand but maybe you are having an allergic reaction to it. I have eczema and when I'm sensitive to a particular product, I breakout in some spots and dry itchy spots in others.
Yes thats exactly what it does to me too! I also have eczema so maybe it is an allergic reaction. I have the skin79 one which i havent tried yet, i will give that a go and see if i also get a reaction from it.

Yeah.  Switch after you get some hydrocordisone and the flaking and weird patches disappear so you can tell whether you are allergic to that one too or not.  I'd been ok with the skin79 vip gold one but everyone is different.  

I've just bought BM and use it with my moisturizer! It dissolves in it really quickly. 
Yesterday it worked really well, but today I forgot to moisturize before doing it, and there were patches where it had dried and had to add more moisturizer. 

I might try other moisturizers to see which one works best. This was a good idea. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

When I want more coverage in an area I make up a more concentrated blob of it. 

Well if you are applying makeup on winter than you no need to mix foundation in makeup and if you are applying makeup on summer than you need to mix foundation in it.

Back