Mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried this, and Essential Wholesale recommends it as well. They have a uncolored Liquid Foundation Base that you can mix you MMU in an it will turn into a liquid foundation. I think the coverage depends on the pigmentation of the powder. So for example if you are using a sheer mineral powder.....when you add it to moisturizer...it's going to be sheer. A highly pigmented powder will give more coverage when mixed with moisturizer. Sometimes the ingredients in the powder can also effect the thickness of the moisturizer. THAT"S what you want to watch out for. So if your mineral powder has arrowroot, tapioca starch, corn starch, or any other thickening agent...when you mix with moisturizer  it will either be to thick or flake off. Efficacy when it comes to this method is based on the mineral powder moreso than anything else. I get my makeup from lucysminerals.com and moisturizer from essentialwholesale.com. 

I do this all the time, but I don't do it the way you'd think. First I put moisturizer onto my face and give it a good rubbing in. Once I am done I feel like its a bit too oily and that is when I 'spot' the foundation all over my face and run that in too. It works better that way and then the foundation smooths into the cream that is already smoothed onto my skin! Adding more moisturizer just creates a coffee and cream effect and I land up washing it all off.

Back