Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered that too, pink bubbles. Who looked at the back of this box of Monistat gel and said, "hmm, this could work wonders on my face." LOL, but I have thought that too about people putting Preparation H on their faces, which I find odder than this.

Someone probably looked at the ingredients list and realized the product had ingredients in common with their primer and decided it can't hurt to try on the face and voila, an alternative use was created.

This stuff works GREAT... It matchs the smashbox primer and for the price alone it surpasses it be a mile. It leaves your skin like glass .... I never have used it for chafing in the southern region...but... under my boobs!! I have a two-fer here for sure!!!!! :whistling: :whistling:

welcome to MuT, uneekgirl!

i'm definitely gonna check this stuff out. if anyone else does, let us know how it works for you!

I've seen this posted a few times on this board. I might try it one of these days. I am not going to go to the bother of putting it in another bottle, I have already bought regular Monistat a few times, and also far more embarrassing things, lol. When you get to be 28, you dont care anymore. :laughing:

Ive heard of it. its no more weird than putting roid cream on your eyes IMO. Its an anti chaffing gel but you dont have to use it for down there people chaff in all kinds of places. I know of many people that have tried it & loved it & compared it to more expensive brand primers.

lol, Amanda. Can you imagine traveling with that and someone seeing you put something labeled "monistat" on your face? I would love to see their reaction as they put two and two together.

I think I will buy some of this today and give it a whirl. I've always thought traditional fdtn. primers were overpriced for what they are, but not very many are made (esp. in comparison to how many fdtns are out there), so they can charge a lot.

Heh. Honestly though, if I buy Monistat yeast treatment it is a bit embarrassing when it is a guy ringing you up, I always feel like he is thinking "eww gross, she has a yeast infection." The first time I bought tampons it was from a guy and I was really embarrassed, I was young. Now I am not b/c I am sure tons of people everyday buy them.

I use it as a primer. It works, even here in swampy, muggy Florida.

It has almost the exact same ingredients as DHC Velvet.

It also has fewer ingredients than the pricey primers, and I would feel like an idiot sheep if I paid $39 for something I could get for $6.

I've never bought YI medicine, but the first time I bought tampons at a checkout with a boy, I was embarrassed, but I figured, what the hell, it's not like boys don't know about them and he probably rings up boxes of them everday, along with more embarrassing things I'm sure.

Getting back on topic though, does this stuff have a smell, or no?

I think I may try this just to compare to the Smash Box Photo Primer that I have

hmmm let us know how this works---i may try it when i'm out of my apartment soon and no more roommate to be like "you're putting WHAT on your face!?"

This also works really great after you shave or wax the bikini area. It helps your clothes not rub against the sensitive areas....

Honestly Monistat makes alot of products, not just yeast meds. They have cleansing cloths and even a lube. I guess if it's mild enough for my virginia, it must be okay for my face. Once you get over the "monistat" mind-frame you'll love this!!

Wow, this is my first time hearing of this. For anyone who has tried it, did it break you out at all? I'm definately going to try this out.. i'm a bit curious to see how it works.

I just posted a new post about how much I liked the Dior primer, but how it was wayyyyy too much money. This is totally worth a shot; I'll look for it next time I'm at the drugstore. It's weird, but if it works and is under 10 bucks I'm sold!

Ha! I can't wait to try this. If it works just as well and is safe to use, why not try? And skin is skin...whether it be on your thighs or your face. :laughing:

Back