Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok everyone, I just bought this stuff, only $7 or so! I'll give it a test run tom., but I tried a little on my hand, and it makes it so silky and soft. Oh, and no smell! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Update to my original post: I decided to bite the bullet and buy a tube. I tried it out today and yesterday, and I must say that I'm impressed. It went on very silky but not greasy or oily. It lasted all day. I don't usually wear powder or foundation, just concealer, and I barely needed to used my blotting sheets (rare for N.O.'s heat and humidity). It was fragrance free and hypo-allergenic. I would definitely recommend this as a foundation primer.

Oh, another question, have any of you girls used it on your eyelids or around your eyes? I figure it would be eyesafe considering where it is meant to go, but I wanted to ask before I got big puffy eyes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Alright, so I went down the aisle he he, and couldn't find this product. The only thing that walmart had was the yeast infection medicine. Where else would it be at the store???

Maybe where they have medicated powders & lotions?....Not sure I saw it at the drug store with the other Monistat stuff.

Oh OK, I will check that out as soon as I drop my son off at school this morning. Thanks for the quick reply:satisfied:

Huh....never thought of that, but it makes sense - delicate areas. Hmmm.

I'm really thinking I'm gonna go have to grab me some to and try it....

Anyone else try this? I'd love to test it out and see if it helps my oily skin.....may have to run to the store today.

I tried it this morning, I don't know about oil-control, since my fdtn does that already and I don't have very oily skin in the first place, but I LOVE how it makes my skin feel, my pores on my cheeks look a lot smaller and the fdtn lays nicer, IMO.

I want to hear others opinions, too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought this, tried it and so far I love it. I will let you know later how well my makeup stays on this evening at work. It made my skin really soft. :satisfied:

I have a bottle of Farouk's Biosilk "Silk Therapy" - one of those serums that are supposed to make your hair smooth and shiny- I noticed that in the instructions on the bottle that it can also be used on the skin. The main ingredients are cyclomethicone and dimethicone, so I tried it yesterday and put my makeup over it (I use bare minerals) and I have to admit, my makeup looked fresh all day...and this stuff SAYS it's safe for skin. It felt nice too. I think a 2 oz bottle is about $15, maybe less depending on where you buy it. Not as cheap as the monostat, but probably cheaper than alot of the foundation primers out there- plus it doubles as a hair treatment!

Okay, I kept coming back to this post off and on. Now I see people have been trying it and loving it... For those of you who have tried it, would you recommend it over a foundation primer? Or would it just be something used when you don't have foundation primer on hand? My curiosity has me wondering if I should try this too....

After some of the good reviews,I think im going to try this....Ive already ordered my sample but I dont know if I can wait I might have to go shopping later today!!!!LOLOLOL

Chelles93 mentioned this in a primer thread a week or two ago. I have been using it ever since. I LOVE THE STUFF! It makes my foundation go on smooth, stay on and seems to absorb oils. So far, no break outs either. Thanks Chelles93! :laughing:

Back