Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this stuff and it's sooo great. It makes me so smooth and almost poreless! And i stay matte most if not the whole day. And it's like $5 for a big tube! Definitely recommended

are you serious!!?? wow, i know foundation primer is pretty expensive but...i think i'll just fork over the extra money!!! (i am kind of tempted though, what if i buy the wrong thing?) lol!!!

Update...still loving this stuff! IT works so well to minimize pores on my cheeks, and keep fdtn smooth under my eyes.

Thanks so much to Amanda, once you de get past the whole "it's monistat, eww" thing, this stuff is AWESOME. I found a sample of the Smashbox primer today from a sephora order, and it really is the same exact thing, IMO.

Wow, I can hardly believe what I'm reading here! Could someone post the ingredients that are in Monistat?

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Dimethicone 1.2%

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, tocopheryl acetate, trisiloxane

I got that from the box, Becca! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nah don't buy something else. Try this first. Even if you don't like it, you can always use it under your bra straps or something.

thanks for the details! so it won;t clog my pores at all huh? I'm so glad for that. that was my main concern. I'm buying this tomorrow!

seems like you paid retail. i would call for a distributer and get it for cheapper. half the price it's worth the try . good luck

sorry girls it's my first time here. regarding my earlier reply some one mentioned the biosilk silk therapy at $15.00 for 2 ounces. calling a distributer will save you lots so concider the option.

Girls... r u sure that Monistat doesn't have any long term side effect? I mean, it could be same ingredient but couln't it be made under different treatments? You never know. But hey, I may give it a shot, it sounds too good to be true, :icon_scratch:

i'm sooo tempted to try this ... maybe after my smashbox runs out ... and after i try the Mac prep and prime ...

my God...same ingredients as Smashbox Photo finish primer

Here are the ingredients for photofinish i got from the Sephora website:

Ingredients:

0.93 oz: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Water

I saw a woman on a T.V. show that swore by K-Y jelly as a water based moisturizer. Her skin looked great! I don't knock anything now. Whatever works, works!

Back