Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, even better. My box didn't unless someone took it out at the store! Oh well, hopefully one will come with my sample. It's cheap anyway without a coupon, can't complain there!

I got some samples of this a few weeks ago and so far i'm loving it. I do have one question though. Do you use this first then your moisturizer,sunscreen and foundation? That's the order i've been doing it but just wanted to double check :laughing:

No, I use my moisturizer, let it dry for about 5 minutes, then put this on and let it dry a minute or so, then fdtn. I think putting something on top of it before your fdtn wouldn't work as well, but I could be wrong.

No coupon in my box :sadno:

However, I did try it today (under my foundation on top of my moisturizer).... OMG! It goes on soooo silky soft! It feels awesome! Anyway, so far so good. No oily spots to be found yet, and it's still fresh looking! I think the fact that it's a powder-gel helps... I'm sure it does! This is definitely a new HG in my traincase!

FYI, most primers seem to come in a 1.7 fl. oz. tube/jar, and this is a 1.5 fl. oz. tube for almost $24 less than LM, $30 less than Smashbox, and $14 less than M.A.C. Prep+Prime, and it works just as well if not better... Can we say bargain?!

I'm so excited that you all are liking it at much as I am. It's definately a staple in my make up bag too. I put my moisturizer on first too so it can lock in the moisture. The directions for smashbox primer says to do that too. Don't you just want to keep reapplying it and touching your face. It really makes it feel like silk. Love it. The only down side I can think of is, smashbox has just come out with a new bronzing primer and also a new primer with dermaxyl complex for anti aging. Those are both things that I would want in a primer, but until I can afford to buy those all the time, this is the next best thing.

Has anyone tried using this as an eyeshadow primer? I wonder if it's safe for the eyes as well. Only using one product as a primer on the face and eyes would be great!!

Virginia!!?? Ha. I've heard this before, but never from you gal. I might have to get over the Monistat mind frame and take the plunge. This thread has become quite popular. No sheep here, but always looking for a good value.

Well as I posted a few days ago, I bought this at the CVS pharmacy. I wore it yesterday and today with no moisturizer (still searching for the right one) underneath my Bare Escentuals. I LOVE IT.

My pores on my check and nose are pretty large and BE has a tendency to show this a little more especially if your skin is not perfectly moisturized. This has definitely helped that issue. My skin feels so soft and my pores are definitely not as prominent.

This will be an HG product for me.

Marilyn

Hey Kristie, I've been using this as an eyeshadow primer and I love it. The first couple of times I used it under my Loreal decrease eyeshadow primer so I didn't know how it worked alone. But the last couple of days, I've been using it alone on my eyes under my eyeshadow and it keeps it fresh all day. I love it and I haven't had any problems. It's so mild that it's probably safe for eyes as long as you don't get it in them.

arghh...it seems lthat we don't carry the anti-chafing gel here in Canada or we haven't got it yet. Is it new?

i might just order it from drugstore.com :eusa_wall:

That's where I ordered mine. I just got it today and I'm in LOVE!!!!! Wow, it's so smooth and silky and like someone else said, it REALLY helps with making my pores look smaller or something. And after my oil control moisturizer, I put this on and BAMMMMMM soooooo silky smooth and matte looking.

I'll have to see how it goes today. I am not, however, wearing foundation today, so I want to see how it would control my oil (with no oil control foundation).

All I can say is WOW....so far. I will keep everyone updated, as I've got super oily skin, so I will update on how it works with my skin type as well.

Oh and I also applied some to my eyelids, they get pretty oily too....and so far they are fine. I've also got very senstive skin....crossing my fingers for no breakouts.

Kelly, I'm so excited that you love it. Isn't it so much fun to use. I love it. I remember you saying that you couldn't wait to try it. That's a bummer for those of you who are not liking it or having skin problems because of it. If any of you are still hesitant to try it, just go for it. It says right on the tube that it's a skin protectant and since your face is the first thing people see and also ages the most because of outside elements, I'd say that's the most important body part to protect. Am I right?

I can't wait to try it with my foundation (tomorrow, cuz today is one of those lazy 'no makeup' days).

That's good that you're trying it without foundation today because then you will know how well it by itself is working. I wear it on my lazy days too mainly because it feels so good and also because it keeps dirt and outside stuff out of my skin. I have a very oily T-zone and eyelids too and this keeps it matte all day. I really think it's helping clear up my skin too because nothing is getting in there to make it worse and it's allowing itself to heal. Whoever thought of this is a genius!!!!!!

How much do you use on your face? Would you say a pea sized amount or more? I think I used about a pea size, but I wanted to use more, but didn't want to over do it.

Heck it feels so good, I wanted to put the whole darn tube on my face.

I was going to say that I wanted to use the whole tube too. :laughing: I probably use more than I need to but I love it. I'd say I use about two peas worth and then sometimes I put a little extra on my forehead and crows feet to help fill in the lines in a little more so makeup doesn't settle into them. I hate that! Does anyone else have a suggestion about how much should be used? For that price, I guess it's okay to splurge!

Latest posts

Back