Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does feel wonderful going on! As for how much I use, I don't really know, it's really easy to spread, so I start out with a little amount and spread on my cheeks, forehead, and nose/chin. I'll have to pay more attention tomorrow!

ok ladies ....:scream3: thanks to ya'll ... I had been hunting HI and low for this and lo and behold FOUND IT. Ok so hesitant at first to try this ... but OMG ... it felt so nice and smooth going on. It evened out my face as far as the texture. I felt like I looked a wee bit healthier. I did my eyes and blush (no foundations) just powdered over everything. WOW it is 11:30pm eastern time and well ... it still is going strong. I have combination t zone going on. my face looked "dewy" all day. no oily, no face falling off before 5. no touch ups. all I can say is wow. oh wow. who ever was the first soul to try this .... THANK YOU :worship:

Carol

I have to add my praise for this product!! I have dry skin and was afraid it might irritate, but wow did it feel great! My make up stayed so nice all day. It went on soooo smoothly. All I can say is WOW!

I have a quick question. I hope I don't sound stupid or ignorant but i have never even heard of a Foundation Primer until i started looking at this forum. What are Foundation Primers good for? Does it help keep you foundation from smearing off? :unsure:

Don't feel stupid! I had heard of fdtn primer from magazines before but I thought it was just something makeup artists used. I never thought of using it myself until Cover girl came out with that outlast one that had the seperate primer. I tried that and it was alright. I started looking into other primers on Sephora.com and found out there's tonz. I tried a sample of smashbox primer and this stuff feels just like it. It keeps your makeup looking fresh all day without touch ups and also helps it to go on really smoothly. It also makes a barrier between your skin and out side elements from getting into your pores, so your skin will be healthier. Hope that helped. If you haven't tried this stuff yet, do it, it's awesome.

And this does work very well for the original intended reason - for thighs chafing together 'cuz I'm not as thin as I used to be!

I did use it on my bikini area after shaving and it feels and works wonderful! I use to use A&D ointment after shaving, cuz my skin use to get irritated when my underwear would rub...but this stuff worked great and no irritation.

I was wondering the same thing for the thighs....in the summer when it too hot, sometimes I need or use baby powder, but I'm gonna try this. This sounds gross too, but I also sweat under the breast area, and in the summer can become "cough" a bit raw. So I'm definitely gonna try this if/when that circumstance arrises.

As for a foundation primer, I put foundation on over it today and first I love how it evens the skin out and smooths it. Then after applying foundation, it looked and went on sooooo nice. I still got a bit oily, but not like I use too (so yes I still needed to blot, but only like 2 times so far, normally I could blot ummmmmmm 10 times or close to it).

wow, i'm so glad everybody's loving this! i gotta try it soon!

just imagine what the company's thinking right now, "damn, there sure is an outbreak." LOL

I was just thinking the same thing! :laughing: Maybe the girls at Monistat use it for primer too. It's so funny to go back and read the beginning of this thread when everyone was like ew, gross, I would never try that and now everyone loves it!!

Ok I came here looking for primer suggestions and I found this post...LOL

I was about to pay $30 plus dollars on Lauar Mercier, can you tell me if the Monistat feels the same?? I think I need to run to WAL GREENS!!

Hi, I've never tried Laura Mercier but I have tried Smashbox photo finish fndt primer and I'm telling you, this feels exactly the same. It's amazing. I LOVE it. :inlove: It feels amazing. I know everyone keeps saying that in this thread, but you won't understand until you try it. Give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose since its only 6 bucks and there are a lot of other uses other than primer too. I've also heard this is comparable to Tarte clean slate, too. I was actually going to buy that next because its cheaper than smashbox, but now I don't have to. Try it and let us know what you think! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

O.K. here is my take on it! IT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I had a sample of Laura Mercier so I put it on one side of my face and then the Chaffing Gel on the other and you couldn't tell the difference! My make up stayed on and looked great.......I've tried Smashbox and it is the same feeling

I am still wanting to know how some one figured this out...LOL

Its clear/cloudy gel it does not feel heavy I cant even tell I have it on now. Primers usually break me out so Im so glad this works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is totallly amazing.I love love love this for a primer ,I have oily skin and b/f this had to repowder every hour now maybe once or twice a day.so anybody on the fence try it youll love it..

I'v tried this and I really like how it works . I have oily skin and this doe help the makeup look better and last longer. and I haven't had any adverse reaction to it. And the price s great like $7 and it comes with a coupon inside for $2 off.

Yay more people are using it! Before when I mentioned it peopel thought I was crazy...:whistling:

I wish I could wear this 24/7. It feels so great! Sometimes I want to dump the entire tube on my face.

Latest posts

Back