Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the tube is 1.5 ounces, which is more than other primers, I believe.

Yep, it's clear, and comes out as a thicker consistency, but it dries to a powder finish, so it doesn't feel goopy or heavy.

Bluebird, I don't think there is any difference whatsoever, and can't foresee any "problems" long term. All it is a skin protectant, just like primers marketed for the face.

It's amazing how similiar the ingredients are .... and smashbox is onli .93 oz ... the monistat gel would last forever considering that it's 1.5oz

After I apply this primer/monistat how long do I wait before I apply my makeup foundation. I have never used a primer of any kind. Thanks alot:icon_study:

Wow I have some of this so definately going to give it a try on my face as a primer! Thanks! :thumbsup2:

Alright... I'm just going to have to try this... Going to the store today, so I'll pick some up if I can find it... I'll be sure to post my thoughts... Oh, and I checked the site out... It's actually called Soothing Care (unless that's already been mentioned)... It's for anywhere on the body that can be chafed (bikini line, breasts, etc.) so it seems like it's safe for the face... I mean, people can chafe there too... Anywho, I'll let you know how it goes for me!

I have it on right now & usually my makeup primers will make my face itch. I cant even tell I am wearing this. It has seemed to improve my makeup application & has minimized the appearance of my pores. Good Stuff.

I just bought the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. Since I have very weird skin at the moment - oily, dry and flakey in some areas and am prone to bumpy breakouts. I have applied it alone with my face freshly washed.

Wow this feels awesome on my skin. I have never worn a primer before due to my skin problems but this feels really nice. My skin feels smooth, not oily or dry just smooth and my pores appear smaller.

I'll keep it on all day and tomorrow I'll wear it under my mineral foundation.

So far, so good.

Marilyn

Hi everyone I just have to say that I absolutely love this stuff. I went out and bought it the same day I read this thread. I had tried a sample of smashbox primer and was saving up to buy a bottle and this feels exactly the same. :laughing: Yay!! It feels awesome on my skin and I keep wanting to put more on and feel my face. Everyone should give this a try. It appears to work the same as smashbox. The silicon fills in fine lines and gives face a matte finish. Also, I'm sure that's it fine for acne prone and oily skin because it provides a barrier between skin and makeup and anything in the air that would polute skin and make acne worse. I bet if anything, it will help clear up acne, because it's keeping gross crap out and away from your skin. I'm so excited I found out about this. I love a bargain. I love the texture and consistency. Like velvet in a clear, creamy gel. Give it a shot.

I've used three different primers that I can think of off the top of my head without problems. This stuff broke me out something fierce. Apparently it doesn't do that to everyone but if you have a breakout within a week I'd look to it as the culprit. It's really too bad because it sure as HECK is cheaper, lol! No idea why because the ingredients look to be the same. I'm thinking maybe because it's a thicker & heavier formulation. I tried it three times with the same result though. Just an FYI.

That sucks it broke you out Holly. I know quite a few people have broken out from the Smashbox or the Laura Mercier, so I think it is all on your individual skintype. I have been using this for several days, and no sign of a breakout yet, and I am very sensitive/acne prone.

Yeah, My skins really sensitive too and I have a really oily T-zone. I almost always have zits on my chin and nose. I've been using this for two days and I love it. My skin appears to be clearing up and I love the matte look on my oily spots. I do have to make sure and moisturize first or I can see some dry flakes on my cheeks and under my eyes. I would moisturize first anyway because then it will seal in the moisture and it won't evaporate off of your face. I guess it really comes down to each individual persons skin. That's true with pretty much anything you put on your skin. You won't know until you try.

I also heard that if you lock in moisture, it helps to keep the oil at bay, because this way you are not over drying your face (too many oil control or oil mattifiers). When you over control or over mattify, you can actually create MORE oil production. Lock in moisture and create a sort of barrier.....

Oh man, I can't wait to try mine. I ordered a sample...then got anxiuos and ordered a full size. So I've got both coming....sure hope it does great for me as well, then I can just save my sample for traveling or something.

I bought mine today... My DH thinks I'm nuts, but he knows I'll always look for a bargain when I can! It was only $6.34 in Wal-Mart... I'm trying it tomorrow... I had samples of Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, and that was the first time I'd ever used a primer... So, at least I have something to compare it too... I was still getting oily spots w/ LM, so maybe this won't do it... We'll see...

I ordered a sample too the day I read this thread but I couldn't wait so I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tube. I guess I like instant gratification! :laughing: Don't we all. It'll be fun when my sample comes too and I think it said something about having a 1.00 off coupon. That'll come in handy because I have a feeling I'll be buying this a lot.

Can't wait to hear what you think. I'm putting mine under foundation tomorrow.

Marilyn

Back