My first brazilian..OUCH!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a brazilian a few weeks ago for the first time too - and it wasnt AS bad as I had thought. It hurt like a ***** but I also had my bikini line waxed before. I think after the first time, it gets better. My friends go all the time.

PLUS the technique makes a huge HUGE difference. My friend -also a first timer -had a painless brazilian. Not me! She apparently had to "help" out but holding her legs in different positions. The combination of focusing on holding a position plus the actual technique helped lower the pain a lot.

You are brave - I would never ever do that haha!!! I am a sissy though
smile.gif

Ouch hun!! Sorry to do that. I have to give you a lot of credit for being that brave. Maybe one day I will have the guts, not anytime soon though!! Hope it feels better soon!!

I used to have this done regularly, each time she said it would hurt less. It never did, so I stopped! Neosporine (sp?) does wonders!!

Andi ive booked an appointent to get a brazilian, i dont have much of a pain threshold so.................i think i'll beat ur record....for "most yelling during a brazilian".........lol

Oh my goodness oh my goodness. YOu sure have a sense of humor with it all now....and made quite a few people laugh. Believe me, I've got a pretty low threshold for pain as well. I faint when I get my finger pricked!

Too bad, I came into this so late. I would have told you to ice it or something to that nature???? wonder if aloe - pure aloe from the plant might have helped (broken off of an aloe plant...not something from a jar)....???

I was LOL major!! Sorry it hurt. I have been debating for a couple of years now to get some type of wax done down there but I have heard it hurts like HELL!! I had my side burns done ONCE and the pain was so bad I also screamed!! I said F@#K that I'd rather look like Elvis than do that crap again...hee heee. I shaved it all off once too and it was soooo tender and sore that I wasn't able to do the intended deed for a few days until the tender skin and redness subsided. My man didn't even like it. He said he felt like a perv it was too little girl looking. So now I just use the Lady Remington to do a close shave and we both like that much better. Although, I'm still consideraing at least doing a landing strip type of look.

The next time you decide to do this, do some research. Find a spa that have hard wax. hard wax is stripless so it doesn't hurt as bad. Take a advil or motrin 1hour before having your wax done. Waxing is so much better than shaving because the hair that comes back is not coarse and is a lot smoother. Hopefully the next time you have this done, it won't hurt as bad. The 1st time is always the worst.

I'm sorri for the pain Andi, but ... i couldn't help chuckling (just a lil
wink.gif
) over your cute story. I agree w/the above post, take an ibuprofen or something similar b4 going and it should help. I know after my first one and i swear i wouldn't do it again .. but i gave in
biggrin.gif

OMG, Andi, that sucks! I hope everything still went ok. I've only had one and my ex didn't even notice (wtf?), but I've gotten other waxing done. The first time I ever had my legs done it was way worse than the Brazilian -- my inner thighs are ultra-sensitive. I left feeling like a greased-up plucked chicken. I just started going to my friend's mom and she's SO much better than my other experiences. She spent over an hour doing my legs and bikini line and did a great job...I was able to pull my semi-tight jeans right back on afterwards, with no pain or irritation. The person you go to makes a huge difference. As does taking ibuprofen ahead of time.

That video was great! Anyone notice the one guy??

I broke out in hives from my first Brazilian. It was so bad and SO RED that I had to go to the doctor. Imagine how embarrassing that was! Anyway, he basically told me never to do it again, so I haven't.

Originally Posted by labella /img/forum/go_quote.gif The next time you decide to do this, do some research. Find a spa that have hard wax. hard wax is stripless so it doesn't hurt as bad. Take a advil or motrin 1hour before having your wax done. Waxing is so much better than shaving because the hair that comes back is not coarse and is a lot smoother. Hopefully the next time you have this done, it won't hurt as bad. The 1st time is always the worst. it was hard enough to even find this spa, I think there might be like 3 places total that do brazilian waxes. The trend hasn´t quite gotten over to Europe here I guess.I doubt I´ll have it done in Austria again, maybe next time in the US (I´m sure the waxers are more experienced there)

Oh and they used hard wax on the labia...and it actually hurt worse.
kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I broke out in hives from my first Brazilian. It was so bad and SO RED that I had to go to the doctor. Imagine how embarrassing that was! Anyway, he basically told me never to do it again, so I haven't. OMG that sounds bad. Thank god I´m not the only one who can´t handle this lolImagine how embarrassed I was to ask the pharmacist for cortisone cream (which they refused to give to me without a prescription) for my "pussy burn" lol

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG that sounds bad. Thank god I´m not the only one who can´t handle this lolImagine how embarrassed I was to ask the pharmacist for cortisone cream (which they refused to give to me without a prescription) for my "pussy burn" lol

I should have mentioned that I had to use pure aloe gel and calamine lotion in addition to taking regular doses of Benadryl (allergy medicine). The calamine lotion was very soothing, so if you have access to that I definitely recommend it.

Originally Posted by spazbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I broke out in hives from my first Brazilian. It was so bad and SO RED that I had to go to the doctor. Imagine how embarrassing that was! Anyway, he basically told me never to do it again, so I haven't. Sounds like you were allergic to the wax. Ouch!!

Back