My first brazilian..OUCH!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had my 1st one recently and boy did it hurt, lol. The "therapist" that did it for me seemed to know what she was doing (of course I asked about her history and how many she does in a week). Also someone went before me so...I guess that's good, lol. It really hurt even if I took a painkiller several minutes before. The good news is that other than being totally clean and fresh after, the pain goes away just as fast it comes meaning the pain is intense but doesn't last long.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...I`m praying that the major redness, the mini bleedings and the blue haematoma all go away till tomorrow!!! I did this so I wouldn´t have to worry about shaving during my 4 week stay with my bf, I did NOT want to arrive looking like somebody beat up my private parts
laughing.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
Ok, I could NOT help but laugh at the "my private parts look like they were beat up" commentary!
That aside, holy crap!!
frown.gif
I have my 1st appointment (ever) for a brazilian next weekend. I was nervous as it is. I have been waxed before: underarms, bikini & legs, and I didn't think it was too bad at all. As a matter of fact, I have waxed myself in all 3 areas after having it professionally done (and watching how they do it).

As a matter of fact, a GF of mine does ("and" maintains) her own brazilian. Now she deserves some serious props for that!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by clwkerric /img/forum/go_quote.gif Gotta love waxing...

Uhh... the things us women do for men...

Honey, I will have my furries ripped out for me only, not for my man, LOL! Otherwise, I would not even consider it no matter how much he begged and pleaded, the pain is not worth enduring for someone else's pleasure
10.gif

I've had it done a couple of times and I have to say I love the results, even though the process is less than pleasant... My waxer was very sweet too, which helped.

I also do it for myself, not my partner. I find that certain stimuli become more pleasurable with no hair. He he.

oh dear... i wanted to go for my first one soon... but i'll guess i'll have to wait :$

yikes..been thinking how it must be...probably gonna wait abit :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I hope the rash or the redness goes away for u
smile.gif

oh.. i'm planning to give myself a facial down there after my first brazilian.. it's the latest craze going on here... heehee

well the first one is always the worst, something about the root of the hair being really well seated then. I used to get my bi-monthly bikini wax without fail, and it was always slightly painful, but towards the last couple, it was only slighly painful, almost like an eyebrow wax.

LMAO Andrea!!!! Sooooo funny!! Well don`t know if I would be laughing if it was me lying there
ill.gif

I really want to do this treatment myself but I`m scared to death....
scared2.gif
well I am getting tired of the razors so....we`ll see.Thanks for the info!!

The results really are worth it, but OUCH doesn't begin to describe it....

I have a pretty high threshold of pain and I was sooooo innocent the first time I went. OMG OMG OMG....

Now, I knock back AT LEAST 3 margaritas with shots on the side before I set foot in the place! The last time I went, I used something that was recommended on another forum called NO SCREAM CREAM. It rocks! Doesnt make it painless, but it does make it tolerable. ALMOST ..

my first (and last) brazilian was a disaster - i got an ingrown that became so deep, it became infected and created a little scar tissue
frown.gif
it now needs to be surgically removed.

depilatory cream and bikini zone waxes for me, and thats it!

Ah it's horrible those of you that have had bad experiences. Bec688 is so right, you really do need a good therapist for a brazilian. Finding someone you trust is really important, it's quite an embarrassing thing to have done!

I'd recommend anyone that hasn't had one, has a regular bikini wax first to get an idea of the pain (I find it's not that much worse for a brazilian than a regular wax).

I went for my appt & it wasn't too bad, really... an experienced & fast working esthetician definitely helps.

i must say after reading of ur experience i seriously doubt i am ever going to have a brazilian wax.
scared.gif

Back