My first brazilian..OUCH!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds so painful!
frown.gif
I don't think I could get it done lol.

we're doing waxing at school now.. so far i've had my brows, lip and legs done.. NO way would I ever get a brazilian lol.. I found my lip to be painful enough

It's amazing the things people actually get waxed.. Who knew there was butt waxing? lol I didnt even know you could get your armpits done til school

Originally Posted by impulse /img/forum/go_quote.gif we're doing waxing at school now.. so far i've had my brows, lip and legs done.. NO way would I ever get a brazilian lol.. I found my lip to be painful enough
It's amazing the things people actually get waxed.. Who knew there was butt waxing? lol I didnt even know you could get your armpits done til school

i used to think that way about waxing too, i grew up w/my mom telling me, not to shave anything, armpits, legs .. .etc .. When i discovered i had peach fuzz i waxed my upper lip and it hurt like H-Ell! , but now i wax everything ... lol.

Brazilian wax sounds scary to me from just reading you guys experiences. But i'm thinking of getting it done. Not now though. Maybe after few months. But i wonder what if I'm allergic to waxing at that area. I've tried waxing my underarms on my own twice. I had redness and serious burn after both times, and my underarms became so dark coz of the scar. So i'm worried it might be worse for brazilian wax coz that area is alot more sensitive that underarms.

What you guys think? Should i give it a try?

You poor thing. If you decide to get it done again, go to someone else. When I first started getting brazillian's the pain was awful, but then I changed to a different beautician and it didn't hurt at all, so it's definitely about the technique of the waxer. It really shouldn't hurt that much.

HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BRAVE!! DH wants me to try this (go figure), but the thought of that much pain in my nether regions scares me too bad!

haha, I know I'm adding this late, but it really is most painful the first time! it hurts less the more you go. But, GO YOU for being brave!

I think it's worth it, I used to get it all the time. Now i'm single however, and winter is coming on, so I wont be bothered haha!

Originally Posted by speedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif You poor thing. If you decide to get it done again, go to someone else. When I first started getting brazillian's the pain was awful, but then I changed to a different beautician and it didn't hurt at all, so it's definitely about the technique of the waxer. It really shouldn't hurt that much. interesting! I´ve been KIND of planning on getting it done either by my cousin (she´s a beautician and she swears she is a pro lol) or when I´m in the US in summer (so my fiancé can go in with me and hold my hand lol)

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif interesting! I´ve been KIND of planning on getting it done either by my cousin (she´s a beautician and she swears she is a pro lol) or when I´m in the US in summer (so my fiancé can go in with me and hold my hand lol) lol! That way he'll know what you go through! lol!
I've considered it in the past, but I've been told (by a few guys) that only pedophiles would be interested in a serious relationship with me (since I look so young)...so I wouldn't want to encourage that. lol. So I prefer to keep a little bit of hair down there. lol.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol! That way he'll know what you go through! lol!
I've considered it in the past, but I've been told (by a few guys) that only pedophiles would be interested in a serious relationship with me (since I look so young)...so I wouldn't want to encourage that. lol. So I prefer to keep a little bit of hair down there. lol.

aw that´s kinda mean to say though, not to mention weird lolBut at least this saves you from the pain of waxing

I looove "going to Brazil," as my friends and I call it! Three of us always set the date every 6 weeks to have ours done together. We can actually chat while going through the process. It takes our minds off what's happening "down there."

Originally Posted by snowhite_pia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I looove "going to Brazil," as my friends and I call it! Three of us always set the date every 6 weeks to have ours done together. We can actually chat while going through the process. It takes our minds off what's happening "down there." that sounds like a really good idea!

Hehe great thread. Andi i feel your pain. My first one was HORRIBLE. The lady i went to wasnt very good and heated the wax too much. So not only did the wax burn me it stuck to my skin!! She couldnt get the strips off! Meanwhile im dieing and trying to not swear. And you will all know that if you leave wax on to long and it dries it gets flakey and is almost impossible to get off. So she was ripping the strips off about 1cm a time.... oh it was a long process. So much for ripping them off quickly. My downstairs area was a mess. Look liked it had been through the wars. And she certainly didnt gett all the hairs. When i got home there was still heaps... not happy!

Hopefully the second time will be alittle more... pleasant.

It definately depends on the level of skill of the therapist and how long they have been doing it. i've heard so many horror stories about bad brazilian waxing experiences, it gives the rest of us good therapists a bad name!

I take great care when I do brazilians, I treat other peoples nether regions as I would want someone waxing me to treat them. The skin is delicate, you need to be gentle, well as gentle as you can with waxing!

Back