MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got an email from Myglam letting me know my photo will be included on this months postcard! The theme is "beauty by you"!!
smile.gif
That is AWESOME! Congratulations!

Just got an email from Myglam letting me know my photo will be included on this months postcard! The theme is "beauty by you"!!
smile.gif
Congratulations!!

I am excited to get so many makeup items, but I am not a fan of the gloss color, especially since we had a bright pink gloss last month. I don't mind getting nail polish three months in a row, to be honest (although my first bag was last month, so technically two for me), but it is odd that it's from the same brand each time. It's almost like MyGlam is more like a "Jelly of the month" club, where you are always getting the jelly, but just a different flavor each time... instead of a true sample service like BB/SS/GB, whose purpose (apparently) is to introduce a wide variety of different brands and products in their boxes. Thinking of it that way makes it easier to understand, but is that their purpose?

I do think that bag looks fabulous. The bags might be my favorite part, hehe.

smile.gif
You shall make us proud and grace the postcard with all shades of white and pink!

In all seriousness, congratulations. You will make a great addition to the box.

I like the looks of this! Though I have to say I'm a little lipglossed out, if that is what the 2nd is. I've received one in every sub the last couple of months as well as four from Sircle Samples! Polish too, but polish at least has more variety.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the looks of this! Though I have to say I'm a little lipglossed out, if that is what the 2nd is. I've received one in every sub the last couple of months as well as four from Sircle Samples! Polish too, but polish at least has more variety.
yes.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is AWESOME! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congratulations!!
Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You shall make us proud and grace the postcard with all shades of white and pink!

In all seriousness, congratulations. You will make a great addition to the box.
Thanks guys. I'm not sure how many people they selected total but I think they are placing all the photos in a mosaic type collage. Even if my picture ends up being microscopic it's still really cool 
smile.gif

Did anyone else on here get selected?

Thanks guys. I'm not sure how many people they selected total but I think they are placing all the photos in a mosaic type collage. Even if my picture ends up being microscopic it's still really cool 
smile.gif

Did you submit something?  I never heard about this.  Congratulations, nonetheless!

smile.gif

I got selected too! Said in the email that we were randomly selected and how awesome was that!!I think I am so lucky with these subscriptions. I told my husband about it and he said that's a cool thing to be involved in! To think, I got the hot oil from Josie Maran from MyGlam, the Vichy sample box from Birchbox, won the first Glossybox, I guess I am so lucky!
11a.gif

I'm so exited for this month! i must say i joined myglam and birchbox the same month(march)  and originally i thought birchbox was going to be better but myglam because i heard so many bad reviews but myglam has really impressed me. i love that I've received way more makeup products with myglam; with BB I've gotten things like tiny hand soap samples that i will never bother to try and eyeliner stickers that are too big my eye.

so impressed, i love myglam

Do they notify people on the waitlist all at the same time that they are getting bags this month? I joined at the beginning of August and really hope I get this bag, but I haven't heard a peep from them. Should I give up hope for a September bag at this point?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they notify people on the wait list all at the same time that they are getting bags this month? I joined at the beginning of August and really hope I get this bag, but I haven't heard a peep from them. Should I give up hope for a September bag at this point?
They will email you a few days before billing you. I think they bill out until the 15th so if you don't hear from them by then i would assume you're still on the wait list until next month. They emailed me on Aug 1st to let me know i was off the wait list and then billed me on the 4th. i got my bag within a week 1/2 after that. So far i am very impressed with My Glam and am considering canceling BB. 

I'm actually happy with the polish. These are colors that I would never try normally, but have found that I love once I've tried them on my nails. I like that it has taken me out of my color comfort zone :)

I loved Ringmaster a lot..I applied it for half the month straight! lol  Purple will be good for the fall and I need to step up my Nail Polish collection since I started collecting this past January.  My first polishes was a grey Zoya from BB and I did a few months of Julep which I canceled for GB which has also gave me a few polishes.

I love the bag, the shadow is perfect to go with my my Ellis Faas lipgloss from GB.  Super excited, they did say 5 items this month! That only shows three!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got selected too! Said in the email that we were randomly selected and how awesome was that!!I think I am so lucky with these subscriptions. I told my husband about it and he said that's a cool thing to be involved in! To think, I got the hot oil from Josie Maran from MyGlam, the Vichy sample box from Birchbox, won the first Glossybox, I guess I am so lucky!
11a.gif
Congrats to you too! You have won some great things, lucky you.

This glam bag looks great...I think the bag itself is really cute.  The gloss color looks awesome, very bright.  Shadow is a boring color, but that can go to my mom lol...Im not to thrilled with the polish, just cos theyre all very simple.  I wish there were glitters :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also hope the shadow/gloss aren't from same distributors as last month cos I wanna try new stuff.  I wonder why they gave up basically all the products in 1 sneek

I think I remember Zadidoll mentioning a while back that in addition to suggesting the mesh bags, she suggested bags with a wristlet strap... and this bag appears to have that which I am SOOOO excited about! Seems like Myglam really listens and pays attention to their customers!

I'm eager to try the purple polish! I didn't care for the yellow too much but I absolutely ADORE the pink so hopefully Tightrope will be just as good!

I'm assuming the gloss is going to be another Glam Gloss like we got last month. I could be wrong but hey, this will be the 3rd bag in a row with Andrea's Choice nail polish. Either way, I can never have too much lip gloss, hee hee! 
 I cancelled BB... just because I don't really get use out of the items I get with them. With Myglam, it's like the Cinderella Slipper of beauty subs for me. So excited about the September bag and I can't wait for additional sneaks and to get my bag! YAY!

Back