MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got off the wait list too!  I'm excited to try Myglam again.  I got their February bag and cancelled immediately and I haven't been tempted to sign back up until the last 2 months.  I hope that they continue to have awesome bags!
Me too, everything you said.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love my MyGlam sub, but they need to stop recycling products in the bags.

I'm not a huge fan of another nail polish. I mean, I have a Julep sub already and the formula on that is way better.

plus I really hate the bright neon orange color I got last month and the white polish looked meh to me too.

I wish I had gotten the hot pink last month instead of the orange! At least that one is wearable.

Lipgloss is boring. I seriously have like, 15 lipglosses. They've put one in practically every single bag by now.

I really really REALLY hope it's NOT another mineral eyeshadow. I was not at all impressed with last months eyeshadow. It was okay, but I have plenty of other brands that I use regularly and I actually like them.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MyGlam sub, but they need to stop recycling products in the bags.
I agree. Im more excited about the wristlet this month than the product hahah. GB has missha bb cream! So I'm a bit jealous. i really hope myglam can be more diverse 

I agree the bag is the most exciting thing so far, but if the eyeshadow is brown then id love it for fall.

Looks like it's going to be another good bag. They really have to give us lip glosses, eye shadows, lipsticks, polishes, eyeliners etc. If you stay subscribed for a few months you are bound to start getting repeats of items. I have gotten so many hair oils from BB it's unbelievable. MG has given us a lot of lip products and polishes.

We've gotten every makeup item except foundation and powder and I have no idea how that could ever happen with so many different skin tones.

I unsubscribed today from MG and BB (had 3 now down to 2 until points work out :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). Last month was my first and unlike most in this post, I wasn't  really happy with my bag. Nothing "bad" about it but not very high quality samples/things I'd buy. I was happy with the gloss and the satchel, but beyond that not impressed. BB may be less of a pay off in terms of products, but the brands they get make me more hopeful. Didn't feel like I was missing out on something with MG.  So just down to 2 BB, 1 GB and 1 SS bag (besides ForTheMaker and LooseButton eek.).

Good luck girls, hope everyone is happy with this month. Was just worried itd be another set of repeats, and I also need to cut down to what I enjoy.

Guess they're replacing NYX as their "house brand" with their private label stuff...shades o'Cosmetique....

I love myglam and I always have, but I think they need to realize that it's fine to send brushes and the circus nail polishes, but when you do it back to back for months in a row it makes it, unsurprising predictable and unspecial. If they spread it out it would be much easier to deal with. I HATED the lipgloss they sent out for August. It feels, looks and smells cheap. Sighhhh I hope that ends because there's nothing worse than cheap makeup

I did not feel the lip gloss was cheap at all. I liked it :)

I find it is more moisturizing than most glosses and I like the amount of shine it gives my lips. I haven't worn it over lipstick, just by itself.

This month is looking great - yay! 

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not feel the lip gloss was cheap at all. I liked it :)

I find it is more moisturizing than most glosses and I like the amount of shine it gives my lips. I haven't worn it over lipstick, just by itself.

This month is looking great - yay! 
I actually like it too!  I am sick to death of lip glosses (I seriously have two whole empty birchboxes full of them alone and that's after downsizing last month) but I do think it was a nice one, and it found its way into my purse.

I do wish for more variety (lips and nails one month, maybe cheeks and eyes the next, etc), but as long as the products themselves are nice, I'm certainly not going to complain.

And I loooove the Circus polishes! I now have the pink and orange and adore them both.

i am not bothered by another polish or gloss.  at least u can get 2 full size products that you can use versus sample sizes.  thats how i see it.  i wouldnt want it to be that way for 12 months or anything but 3 full polishes and 2 full glosses is pretty sweet imo

and i also got chosen for the postcard.  hope its cool looking!

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love myglam and I always have, but I think they need to realize that it's fine to send brushes and the circus nail polishes, but when you do it back to back for months in a row it makes it, unsurprising predictable and unspecial. If they spread it out it would be much easier to deal with.
And if they spaced them out by a month or two, people would then complain it was "leftovers". Honestly, I'm very flip-floppy about MyGlam at this stage.....every time I think they're getting more back to something I'd be interested in.....something changes my mind. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually like it too!  I am sick to death of lip glosses (I seriously have two whole empty birchboxes full of them alone and that's after downsizing last month) but I do think it was a nice one, and it found its way into my purse.

I do wish for more variety (lips and nails one month, maybe cheeks and eyes the next, etc), but as long as the products themselves are nice, I'm certainly not going to complain.

And I loooove the Circus polishes! I now have the pink and orange and adore them both.
I'm with you! I also have the pink and orange and they have been favorites of mine since I got them. I find the gloss lasts longer than most others. I put some on my lips before running to the store the other day and about 3 hours later got complimented for how great my makeup looked (all i had on was leftover gloss!). I also think it smells nice. I wouldn't mind more variety but will take full size polishes/glosses/etc over foil packets any day of the week. 

Originally Posted by lauravee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm with you! I also have the pink and orange and they have been favorites of mine since I got them. I find the gloss lasts longer than most others. I put some on my lips before running to the store the other day and about 3 hours later got complimented for how great my makeup looked (all i had on was leftover gloss!). I also think it smells nice. I wouldn't mind more variety but will take full size polishes/glosses/etc over foil packets any day of the week. 

Yep, I will take different shades of full sized polish and gloss over Larabars and self tanning wipes and card samples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It seems like repeating brands/products is a trend in most all of the subs right now (minus Glossybox, since they're so new) so I  guess there's no getting away from it.

Yep, I will take different shades of full sized polish and gloss over Larabars and self tanning wipes and card samples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It seems like repeating brands/products is a trend in most all of the subs right now (minus Glossybox, since they're so new) so I  guess there's no getting away from it.
Yeah it makes me think that in order to get these brands/products they have to have some sort of contract where they work together for a few months. It's not the most ideal situation but as you said, better than Larabars ! 

Charged today
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hooray I'm off the wait list! Now hopefully they don't go back to february style bags since I signed up again, lol.

Same here! Just got off of the wait list a few days ago. I had been with them since the beginning, but jumped ship after April's bag. Of course, they got a lot better since then, so I am willing to give them another go. Thinking I might cancel one of my BB's for this one. Hubby says I can keep them all, but I have seriously kept both of my profiles THE SAME for 6 months with them, and have been getting 2 different boxes every time, but the last 2 months I have received the same boxes on both accounts! If it happens again this month, I am def gonna cancel one of them.

That being said, I am super excited for this month's Glam Bag! I traded for the pink gloss last month, and absolutely LOVE it!!!

I agree with everything here! Loved the lip gloss as well! In the beginning, everyone was complaining about how there was not any makeup type stuff in the bags. Now that all they practically get is makeup stuff, you still have people who are not satisfied. Can't please 'em all
moon.gif
. (This emoticon has nothing to do with anything, just thought it was pretty hilarious)

By the way, now that I am resubscribed, how do I take the beauty quiz for my profile? I can take the quiz when I am not logged in, but I can't take it when I am logged in. Weird. Or is it just useless at this point?

Our Bags are right around the corner! And we barely received that many sneak peaks..Which is a good thing! Here is to major anticipation when the holiday is over.

Back