MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm gonna put those polishes on eBay.....If I do my nails and I want polish I'd go to Julep sub instead. But I am happy with the glam gloss. I got 02 and I love it so much I actually go on eBay and get the 01 too...lol

I'm super excited by this months bag (spoiler peek) and am waiting to get off the wait list for my second sub for my best friend. Long time BB subscriber and have only ever gotten one makeup item from them and I couldn't use it ( black eyeliner ). My best friend on the other hand loves seeing all the stuff I get from MG and loves it all. She has never ever even been on a computer (Gasps) let alone ordered anything online so I want to surprise her with her own subscription. Before finding MUT I never had a clue what I was missing or what might be in them. I just waited each month for my subs to come in without any clues. Everyone here has been super nice and helpful and I just LOVE it, you guys rock!! I have to admit to being a gloss junkie and I think I may need an intervention lol. The polishes are great even if I may not use them I have two prima donna's nieces (4 and 3) who adore all the colors I send to Mimi's. When I know I'm going to be seeing them I pack a little bag of polishes and other little goodies to have girly time with them and it's one of the best times in my life. I'm not a fan of loose shadows but my 15 yr old step daughter likes them so again a little win win there. I am addicted to the bags though and I rotate them out , I carry like five at a time (all full, lippies in one, perfumes in another ect..) After this month I am canceling BB, I gave them last month and still they stunk big time. I would much rather have two GB for me and one for my best friend. I have many people who will use the things I don't use so they are happy to get little surprises all the time.

The lack of spoilers are getting to me and the 4th is tomorrow!..This is going to be an exciting month for sure!

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lack of spoilers are getting to me and the 4th is tomorrow!..This is going to be an exciting month for sure!
Hopefully some spoilers tomorrow since the holidays will be over!

(Hi!  I'm new here.  Nice to meet you all.)

Nightgem, if you're most interested in makeup items, have you looked at Starbox?  They've only been around a few months.  It's by the Starlook company, and they send you 3 or 4 of their own full-sized makeup/beauty items each month.  It's a $15 box, and there is a shipping charge ($1.98 for US).  There's a thread here, under "Subscription & Sampling Programs".  I joined for August, and liked the July one so much I bought one for $25.  Very nice quality products!  If you wanted another different sub box, that may be a good one for you.

Really xcited about this bag. Super cute. Also even if it is a few repeats everyone been sayin they want makeup so guess what they are goin to make sure we get it this month. I would rather get makeup i have more use of it than moisturizers or any of that. Also got picked for the postcard and won the myglam video challenge. Cant wait to get my goodies in the mail!
claps.gif

Just curious, does anyone know the average age of the typical MyGlam subscriber? Or the target age range? I'm mid-30's, and I have subbed to MG only since August (the September bag will be my second bag). I love the Eclos stuff we got last time (like, a lot!!!), but I wasn't really a big fan of anything else. I gave the lipgloss to my friend (too pink and bright for my complexion), I never even opened the nail polish (too neon, and I hate pink), and the shadow is cool but more like something I wore 15 years ago, to be honest. I'm thinking I might just be out of the target demographic. I'm going to wait and see what comes this month and then decide whether or not to cancel. It's not that it's bad stuff, just not stuff that thrills me the way other subs do. I did LOVE the bag. I may not be a fan of pink by itself, but orange with a bright pink accent is my kind of pink-ness. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just curious, does anyone know the average age of the typical MyGlam subscriber? Or the target age range? I'm mid-30's, and I have subbed to MG only since August (the September bag will be my second bag). I love the Eclos stuff we got last time (like, a lot!!!), but I wasn't really a big fan of anything else. I gave the lipgloss to my friend (too pink and bright for my complexion), I never even opened the nail polish (too neon, and I hate pink), and the shadow is cool but more like something I wore 15 years ago, to be honest. I'm thinking I might just be out of the target demographic. I'm going to wait and see what comes this month and then decide whether or not to cancel. It's not that it's bad stuff, just not stuff that thrills me the way other subs do. I did LOVE the bag. I may not be a fan of pink by itself, but orange with a bright pink accent is my kind of pink-ness. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Interesting question. I'd actually be interested in knowing that about most of my subs. I am 38 and I actually really liked my whole bag so I think it may be specific to the person and not the age. I have a couple of subs that everyone raves over and I feel like the oddball because I frequently don't like most or all of the products.

I hear a lot of people say "well, it's only $10", but for $10 I can get something else I know I like. So my rule of thumb is 3 months probation for all monthly subs. If I am not happy after 3 months, I cancel.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting question. I'd actually be interested in knowing that about most of my subs. I am 38 and I actually really liked my whole bag so I think it may be specific to the person and not the age. I have a couple of subs that everyone raves over and I feel like the oddball because I frequently don't like most or all of the products.

I hear a lot of people say "well, it's only $10", but for $10 I can get something else I know I like. So my rule of thumb is 3 months probation for all monthly subs. If I am not happy after 3 months, I cancel.
That's a good point, and a good rule of thumb. In this case, I think this second month will be enough for me to decide -- I already sub to five different boxes and I need to cut one or two. If this month is amazing, something else will have to get the chop! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a good point, and a good rule of thumb. In this case, I think this second month will be enough for me to decide -- I already sub to five different boxes and I need to cut one or two. If this month is amazing, something else will have to get the chop! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Here's hoping you find your happy place of subs
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by klutzyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really disappointed to see another Andrea's Choice nail polish in this month's bag. Personally I don't care for the formula. It goes on way too streaky in my opinion. Also, September is fall... Bright purple is NOT a fall color. 

If the eyeshadow is from Salty I may cancel my bag. I don't want to deal with always getting the same thing, just different colors. That really isn't the point of the bag to me. I want to try things from different brands. I really was looking forward to variety.  Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the lipgloss is another glam gloss. That would essentially be 3 of the same products as last month... just different colors.  
Maybe I'm over-reacting, but it disappoints me to have the same products over and over again. 

I'm totally agreeing. Personally, the lack of variety just isn't what I want. I signed up to receive different products, not much of the same. I was pretty underwhelmed with the last bag, so I guess I'm in the minority there. The polish is a great color, but took 4 coats to be non-streaky for me. The gloss is too light for me. I HATE the shadow, I'm pretty much throwing that away. The perfume was okay, but I don't pick up any of the notes described in Clean Skin. And the Eclos I received in the Insiders Choice box. It'll be nice to have the extras to fully test the product, but they just aren't something I'm itching to use any time soon. I may cancel after this month, regretfully.

Do the bags usually ship out soon after they charge you? I thought I read somewhere that they are shipped in the middle of the month. This month is my first MyGlam bag, so I'm just wondering when to expect it.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do the bags usually ship out soon after they charge you? I thought I read somewhere that they are shipped in the middle of the month. This month is my first MyGlam bag, so I'm just wondering when to expect it.
The middle of the month is correct.

The eye shadow, I admit, is a little hooker-chic.But I've found that it works great as a highlighter when I'm wearing minimal make up OR mixed with another color to add a bit of sheen. It's nothing I would ever buy on my own, but I don't mind having it around.

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The eye shadow, I admit, is a little hooker-chic.But I've found that it works great as a highlighter when I'm wearing minimal make up OR mixed with another color to add a bit of sheen. It's nothing I would ever buy on my own, but I don't mind having it around.
I was skeptical about the eye shadow and also used it to add some shimmer to a matte color. Worked well and, best part, I did not notice any fallout. I found the shadow to be less glittery than I thought it would be. The name, glamzoid (?), made me think it would be super sparkly and bright. This seems to have a medium shimmer to me. It is not something I believe I would purchase again but it was an item I did not currently own (or really own anything similar) and I did I like it once I played with it a little.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm totally agreeing. Personally, the lack of variety just isn't what I want. I signed up to receive different products, not much of the same. I was pretty underwhelmed with the last bag, so I guess I'm in the minority there. The polish is a great color, but took 4 coats to be non-streaky for me. The gloss is too light for me. I HATE the shadow, I'm pretty much throwing that away. The perfume was okay, but I don't pick up any of the notes described in Clean Skin. And the Eclos I received in the Insiders Choice box. It'll be nice to have the extras to fully test the product, but they just aren't something I'm itching to use any time soon. I may cancel after this month, regretfully.
Omg please don't throw the shadow away! I know a lot of people would be willing to trade for it, myself included. 

Back