MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got an email from Myglam letting me know my photo will be included on this months postcard! The theme is "beauty by you"!!
smile.gif
That is so awesome! Can I send you my postcard and ask you to autograph it? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Fairest (and other actual MG subscribers) being chosen for some of their marketing actually makes me feel good; I love that the choosing from various MG subscribers WAS random, as it shows that the company isn't just doing a popularity contest or trying to leverage someone else's self-hype as a springboard for their decisions. Yes, though she doesn't talk about it often, FoA was chosen as a MyGlam Ambassador previously, and her feedback seems to have been quite useful in them recovering from their early-spring debacles....much more so than one might expect. The fact that she was selected for a marketing thing randomly, instead of trying to parlay the "Ambassador" stuff....that makes me have much more respect for MG than I would if they had just selected from their sycophants.

I'm so very excited.  August was my first bag and I really liked it.  Use the products from it regularly.  I have been using the skin care every day.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was most excited about the nail polish and Demeter when I received the bag (and the bag!) but now my favorites are the skincare items! I LOVE them, and they're not terribly expensive! The mesh bag is fabulous. I don't really think the eyeshadow suits me, and I never even opened the polish. Isn't it funny how you think you're going to love one thing and end up loving something else entirely? Tell me I'm not the only one!

For the September box, I'm most excited about

the shadow everyone else thinks is boring haha, and the bag. I personally can't wear bright pinks well on the lips, and I don't think I will enjoy the purple nailpolish much. Watch those be my favorite items this time around!

hooray I'm off the wait list! Now hopefully they don't go back to february style bags since I signed up again, lol.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hooray I'm off the wait list! Now hopefully they don't go back to february style bags since I signed up again, lol.
Me 2, yay!

I'm really disappointed to see another Andrea's Choice nail polish in this month's bag. Personally I don't care for the formula. It goes on way too streaky in my opinion. Also, September is fall... Bright purple is NOT a fall color. 

If the eyeshadow is from Salty I may cancel my bag. I don't want to deal with always getting the same thing, just different colors. That really isn't the point of the bag to me. I want to try things from different brands. I really was looking forward to variety.  Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the lipgloss is another glam gloss. That would essentially be 3 of the same products as last month... just different colors.  
Maybe I'm over-reacting, but it disappoints me to have the same products over and over again. 

Well I dropped my second subscription to BB and signed up for MyGlam. I got an e-mail saying to sign up now for a chance to get the September bag.

Crossing my fingers I do get one, I am actually very excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love my MyGlam sub, but they need to stop recycling products in the bags.

I'm not a huge fan of another nail polish. I mean, I have a Julep sub already and the formula on that is way better.

plus I really hate the bright neon orange color I got last month and the white polish looked meh to me too.

I wish I had gotten the hot pink last month instead of the orange! At least that one is wearable.

Lipgloss is boring. I seriously have like, 15 lipglosses. They've put one in practically every single bag by now.

I really really REALLY hope it's NOT another mineral eyeshadow. I was not at all impressed with last months eyeshadow. It was okay, but I have plenty of other brands that I use regularly and I actually like them.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MyGlam sub, but they need to stop recycling products in the bags.

I just got off the waitlist too!  I signed up last month when they sent out the sign-up email for the August bag. 

I can't believe its already time to start thinking about the September bag.

Yay, I'm off the waitlist too!! Sooooo excited, I can't wait to get my first bag! I think that purple nail polish looks awesome, but I'm not a big fan of lip gloss, I prefer stains. Oh well, the bag alone is adorbs.

yay! I'm off the waitlist! excited for my first bag ;]
Same here!
wavey.gif
Are we sure everyone is going to get the same color of polish? Because I got the DL in SS and its similar, plus I don't think any other formula could top that one.

I was looking forward to the hints with guessing games as to product brands, looks like that won't happen this month.

The bag itself looks great.

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually happy with the polish. These are colors that I would never try normally, but have found that I love once I've tried them on my nails. I like that it has taken me out of my color comfort zone :)
I agree. I'll never turn down a new nail polish because, except for the $1 ones, I won't splurge, unless it is

a color I really want or something that lasts. I like the polish MG sent out, I liked the color, and I

especially like that I've had it on my toes for over a week and it is just now starting to chip at the ends.

I finally got off the wait list too!  I'm excited to try Myglam again.  I got their February bag and cancelled immediately and I haven't been tempted to sign back up until the last 2 months.  I hope that they continue to have awesome bags!

Back