NARS Cheek Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new cheek palette doesn't look worth it, but I'm definitely saving up for the Joie De Vivre palette - I wish I wouldn't have flaked out on the Danmari!

Originally Posted by beautyinthecity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The new cheek palette doesn't look worth it, but I'm definitely saving up for the Joie De Vivre palette - I wish I wouldn't have flaked out on the Danmari!
I flaked on it as well, and I totally regret it! I'm definitely going to spring for this. When will it be released?

Do you have to have a Nordstrom card to get the Joie de Vivre palette? Does anybody have more specifics?

Originally Posted by Smahama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have to have a Nordstrom card to get the Joie de Vivre palette? Does anybody have more specifics?
I think if you want to order it presale, you have to have a Nordstrom card. If it's still available, you should be able to purchase it once the anniversary sale is open to everyone. 

How do I order it presale? Can I just call and give my nordstrom card number? I can't figure it out on the website, lol. 

The Sephora Orgasm palette is not really doing much for me.  Won't buy it.  However, I so want the Nordstrom one.  I skipped the Danmari, and I have been quite annoyed with myself over it.  I actually don't own Orgasm, so I am happy to see it included, though I totally get why people would be more than a little over it if you buy a lot of NARS palettes and sets- kinda like how Stila keeps sticking Kitten in everything.  If there is any slim chance that the Joie de Vivre palette is still available when the sale opens to the general public, I will definitely buy it.

I covet the Nordstrom's palette.  So much so that I opened a Nordstrom debit card today.  

Even if the card doesn't arrive by July 11, if you have an account then you can call customer support and a get a code to use and purchase from the pre-sale.  But you'll have to purchase with a different card so no Nordstrom points.  Frankly, I want the palette more than the points.  I'll order some other stuff after the card arrives, but the palette I want on Wednesday in case it sells out.  (Unlikely, but I don't take chances with my makeup lol.)

I got the Damari during the VIB 20% off sale.  Use it almost daily.  I also love my VIB Laguna sample I got this year - so glad to see it in this Nordstrom one.  I can't wait to order this baby on Wednesday.  Most exciting purchase I've had in awhile.

I am not worried. The Danmari palette was around for quite some time, and I doubt this will sell out before non cardholders can purchase it.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not worried. The Danmari palette was around for quite some time, and I doubt this will sell out before non cardholders can purchase it.
See, the rational side of me said that was true - but the irrational "me" said, "Oh noes!  What if ..."  

Ho hum.  I'm a nut.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It sucks how some people bought multiples of the Joie de Vivre and are selling them on eBay. One person had 10 available & is selling it for about $100 after shipping & another person has it for $150! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sucks how some people bought multiples of the Joie de Vivre and are selling them on eBay. One person had 10 available & is selling it for about $100 after shipping & another person has it for $150! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ughhh, people suck! I remember that happening with the Naked palettes. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ughhh, people suck! I remember that happening with the Naked palettes. 
Dang...already!  Crazy.  Just wait a few weeks and order for retail when it's released to public - or get a Nordstrom card to get it now.  Even shipping internationally is cheaper than that - and Nordstrom will ship to other countries.

I've always felt bad for people in other countries who can't get certain products locally (e.g. Urban Decay, etc) and then pay thru the roof on eBay for their stuff.   There needs to be an affordable middle man who'll buy/sell and not totally rip everyone off.  Making 10% is reasonable.  Marking it up 100% is bull. 

(That said, on another note...I'm glad I ordered mine yesterday.)

Seriously! But it's unfair if it sells out and they're not going to restock for the 20th to the public because it's supposed to be limited. I asked the lady at the counter and she said they have a 15 limit on it, meaning one person can buy 10 of them and the store I went to only had 50 in stock and was all sold out within the first day.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang...already!  Crazy.  Just wait a few weeks and order for retail when it's released to public - or get a Nordstrom card to get it now.  Even shipping internationally is cheaper than that - and Nordstrom will ship to other countries.

I've always felt bad for people in other countries who can't get certain products locally (e.g. Urban Decay, etc) and then pay thru the roof on eBay for their stuff.   There needs to be an affordable middle man who'll buy/sell and not totally rip everyone off.  Making 10% is reasonable.  Marking it up 100% is bull. 

(That said, on another note...I'm glad I ordered mine yesterday.)

Ugh yeah the joie de vivre's are already up on ebay! Crazy! I almost want to be one of those people who does that but I have more morals! Just because I have a nordstrom card doesn't make that right. I ordered one though. I'm excited because I have no NARS blushes. But I also feel guilty spending this kind of money on cosmetics. 

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously! But it's unfair if it sells out and they're not going to restock for the 20th to the public because it's supposed to be limited. I asked the lady at the counter and she said they have a 15 limit on it, meaning one person can buy 10 of them and the store I went to only had 50 in stock and was all sold out within the first day.
Man, that's crazy!! I set aside some money for this, just because I really, really want it (I feel like it's everything I wanted the Danmari palette to be), but I don't think it'll still be around by the time the sale opens up for everyone else, especially if people are buying 10 of them. For items like they, I feel like they really need to impose a 1 or 2 limit. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man, that's crazy!! I set aside some money for this, just because I really, really want it (I feel like it's everything I wanted the Danmari palette to be), but I don't think it'll still be around by the time the sale opens up for everyone else, especially if people are buying 10 of them. For items like they, I feel like they really need to impose a 1 or 2 limit. 
PMing you!

Back