NARS Cheek Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sucks how some people bought multiples of the Joie de Vivre and are selling them on eBay. One person had 10 available & is selling it for about $100 after shipping & another person has it for $150! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They sell out fast at counters, not so for the web site. Still not worried lol. I may live to regret it, but I am still betting I can get one on the web site.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sell out fast at counters, not so for the web site. Still not worried lol. I may live to regret it, but I am still betting I can get one on the web site.
I agree, and nordstrom always has free shipping, so might as well try the website before running around from store to store.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I talked to the person at the counter, they said if they sell out, they are going to contact other stores and seeing if they have it & if other stores have it, they can order them for you and have them sent from other stores. (In case it's sold out online). I asked if there was a possibility if all stores would run out & they lady (she was the manager) said that there has to be a few out there left because some Nordstroms don't get as much people going in there & there's a lot of Nordstrom's in the US. lol

Wow, the swatches look gorgeous!  Mmm, looking interesting, thanks for posting the pic.  Makes me want it too.  I only have Laguna and Orgasm.  I'd love to try the pinker shades of Nars blush.  Having a palette is a great idea to sample some of the best ones, plus a highlighter.  Cool.

i hope this is still available for sale to the public. I really want this sooooooooooo bad! I missed out on the danmari because I didnt even know what nars was.

eusa_wall.gif
and now that I do, I wouldnt want to miss out on this!

I'm so nervous I hope my store doesn't sell out! I'm going right when The store opens on the twentieth. Do you think it will be there? Its so pretty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have never tried NARS blush, but I hear about it all time.  I love the look of this palette, but is it honestly worth the price?  Will I wish I just got six NYX blushes instead?  Is NARS worth the hype?  I'm having a crisis of makeup faith here! ;-)

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have never tried NARS blush, but I hear about it all time.  I love the look of this palette, but is it honestly worth the price?  Will I wish I just got six NYX blushes instead?  Is NARS worth the hype?  I'm having a crisis of makeup faith here! ;-)

Yes, they are worth the price. Yes, you will love NYX blushes just as much (I know I do). I would swatch the NARS blushes first though. IMO many of the blushes have shimmer that is not very finely milled, which verge on glittery. For instance, Milani Luminous (a dupe for Orgasm) has more finely milled shimmer than Orgasm, and I actually prefer the Milani blush. If you can, swatch all of the items in this palette (NONE of them are LE shades, and the value for this palette is in the savings versus buying them individually) first at Sephora or something, and then decide if the colors are what you want. The palette may be LE, but the shades inside are not.

DEFINITELY swatch them. I stopped by Sephora today to see if this was a palette that I wanted to buy. The only shades that I liked were Luster and Orgasm, and Orgasm is a shade I already own. I hated the way the rest looked on me, and I honestly couldn't see myself using them. My husband had offered to buy this for me, but I think I'm going to pass. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DEFINITELY swatch them. I stopped by Sephora today to see if this was a palette that I wanted to buy. The only shades that I liked were Luster and Orgasm, and Orgasm is a shade I already own. I hated the way the rest looked on me, and I honestly couldn't see myself using them. My husband had offered to buy this for me, but I think I'm going to pass. 
I guess you're better off just buying Luster then! lol. Luster is my favorite from that palette. Although it is quite similar to the Danmari, the palette hoarder in me won't let me not have it... hahaha.

I guess you're better off just buying Luster then! lol. Luster is my favorite from that palette. Although it is quite similar to the Danmari, the palette hoarder in me won't let me not have it... hahaha.
I think so! I was actually really surprised, since I was thinking that it was the shade that might not look too good on my skin tone. But I was so wrong! It was really gorgeous, actually. I felt like Angelika and Gaiety looked really garish on me. 

I wish NARS would sub in other things for Laguna and Orgasm. There are so many other gorgeous, unique shades they have!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think so! I was actually really surprised, since I was thinking that it was the shade that might not look too good on my skin tone. But I was so wrong! It was really gorgeous, actually. I felt like Angelika and Gaiety looked really garish on me. 

I wish NARS would sub in other things for Laguna and Orgasm. There are so many other gorgeous, unique shades they have!
I so agree!! I always wanted to try Douceur, Mata Hari & Dolce Vita! I would also take Deep Throat over Orgasm anyday.

I so agree!! I always wanted to try Douceur, Mata Hari & Dolce Vita! I would also take Deep Throat over Orgasm anyday.
Deep Throat is beautiful! It's everything I wanted Orgasm to be. 

Mine should be here this week! They are going for nearly 100 dollars on ebay...which is ridiculous!! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine should be here this week! They are going for nearly 100 dollars on ebay...which is ridiculous!! 
So jealous!  Have fun playing!  I'm going to have to wait until I get to the States and actually swatch colors to see what new (to me) Nars blushes will work for me.  I'm kind of loving cheek stains and liquids and such right now, have any of you had any luck with any high end of those?  Does Nars do a real cheek liquid/cream?  I know they have the Orgasm highlighter tube type thing but the reviews weren't awesome.  My Orgasm/Laguna powder is so underused because I forget about it and the peach isn't as flattering on me as I thought it would be, I think I need more of a pink.  If you guys fall in love with one of the shades, could you share your thoughts?  Peer review pushes me over into buying territory and you guys tell the truth and are open about the positives and the negatives, so I feel like it's similar to getting a recommendation from a friend.  A well read, experienced in makeup friend, at that!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So jealous!  Have fun playing!  I'm going to have to wait until I get to the States and actually swatch colors to see what new (to me) Nars blushes will work for me.  I'm kind of loving cheek stains and liquids and such right now, have any of you had any luck with any high end of those?  Does Nars do a real cheek liquid/cream?  I know they have the Orgasm highlighter tube type thing but the reviews weren't awesome.  My Orgasm/Laguna powder is so underused because I forget about it and the peach isn't as flattering on me as I thought it would be, I think I need more of a pink.  If you guys fall in love with one of the shades, could you share your thoughts?  Peer review pushes me over into buying territory and you guys tell the truth and are open about the positives and the negatives, so I feel like it's similar to getting a recommendation from a friend.  A well read, experienced in makeup friend, at that!
Try Deep Throat! It's an absolutely gorgeous blush, probably one of my favorites from NARS. It's not in this palette, but IMO, it's definitely worth purchasing on its own. 

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me Amour is the perfect dustry pink shade... it's perfect for me b/c since I am a medium skintone some pink blushes can almost look wrong or ashy, and amour is  perfect for a dustier rose color! My absolute fav, and it's matte which is even better! It blends out so nicely and is pigmented but not overly so, which makes it really easy to work with!

So I picked up a palette a few days ago to compare to my full sized ones for both color and quality. I'll post swatches when I have time, but the pigmentation and texture are not the same as the full sized product. It's most obvious with Luster because it lacks that super soft, buttery texture that I love so much. The palette is still really pretty, though. I just don't think it's a fair representation of how wonderful NARS blushes are.

Back