NARS Cheek Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to pass on this... gulp.  I just can't justify paying $65 for blush right now, so I will live vicariously through you who got it!  I will take advantage of TheBalm on Hautelook this Friday to ease my pain-- I love their blushes!

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I am going to pass on this... gulp.  I just can't justify paying $65 for blush right now, so I will live vicariously through you who got it!  I will take advantage of TheBalm on Hautelook this Friday to ease my pain-- I love their blushes!
I saw that too! Hopefully I will be able to order something!

The more I read all of your thoughts on it, the more I am inclined to pass on Joie de Vivre.  I already have the mini Laguna from Sephora VIB, and it will last me a long time since I am so pale.  I own plenty of highlighters, and I have colors very similar to the two pink shades.  I do want Orgasm and Luster though, so now I am not sure since the full sizes of those two blushes will cost about the same as the whole palette.  Sigh.  I am so on the fence over it.  "First world problems."

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try Deep Throat! It's an absolutely gorgeous blush, probably one of my favorites from NARS. It's not in this palette, but IMO, it's definitely worth purchasing on its own. 
Originally Posted by koolcryyss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me Amour is the perfect dustry pink shade... it's perfect for me b/c since I am a medium skintone some pink blushes can almost look wrong or ashy, and amour is  perfect for a dustier rose color! My absolute fav, and it's matte which is even better! It blends out so nicely and is pigmented but not overly so, which makes it really easy to work with!
Cool!  Those two are definitely headed to the top of my list!  Based on your recommendations, I researched swatches and reviews of both colors and they seem to be what I'm looking for.  I'm light/medium complected with dark hair and brown eyes and am looking for a pinkier version of blush, something that would/could look like my natural flush.  Orgasm is a little too peach for me to feel like my regular, natural, exercise state blush.  It seems that a lot of people are saying that Deep Throat is all that they hoped that Orgasm would be.  That's nice to hear.

Amour is a great dusty pink shade, I'm glad you noted that it's not ashy because sometimes I get that with dusty rose colors too.  It seems like most of the Nars blushes are pigmented nicely, I'm always afraid of having too heavy of a hand but it does help with not using up too much product, that's for sure!

I'm kind of looking for a Ginnifer Goodwin Snow White Once Upon a Time look.  Part of me really wants to try a red blush, Exhibit A looks interesting!  With a light hand, of course, at least on me.  I do have Tarte's True Blood Red Cheek Stain and I like that but it's a bit sticky.  So low brow, I know, but I have a great Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Infrared and I use it sparingly as a cream blush sometimes.  It's a great red.  So many options!  Thanks for your recommendations, ladies, I'll definitely be thinking of you when I'm swatching and buying!

How do you guys use Laguna?  I have it in the duo with Orgasm and I just end up lightly shaping my cheekbones with it, under where I would put blush.  I feel like I might be underutilizing it though.  I'm not very good with bronzer.  I do put a bit on my upper eyes/browbone when I'm doing a lighter, no eyeshadow look.

The palette's sold out online, so check your local counters before they're all gone!

Blahhh mine was suppossed to be here today, but the ups guy just left the notice instead of leaving it at the apartment office like usual. Seriously bummed about that!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blahhh mine was suppossed to be here today, but the ups guy just left the notice instead of leaving it at the apartment office like usual. Seriously bummed about that!
Nordstrom didn't pack mine worth poop - luckily it arrived intact!  I was shocked - they just threw it in a big box.

Can't believe it sold out online already - and also glad I went about it the way I did now!  I haven't even gotten the Nordstrom card in the mail yet but should be here any day.

Wow! Sold out already? That's great that Nordstrom cardholders got to access it (and even buy 10 if they wanted to), but I know that as someone who doesn't have a Nordstrom card, I feel kinda frustrated for others who wanted to buy it, and now only have the opportunity from eBay sellers. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! Sold out already? That's great that Nordstrom cardholders got to access it (and even buy 10 if they wanted to), but I know that as someone who doesn't have a Nordstrom card, I feel kinda frustrated for others who wanted to buy it, and now only have the opportunity from eBay sellers. 
My bronzer had a big crack near the pan & I tried to bring it in the exchange it, but the lady at the NARS counter told me I can't exchange it since it's sold out online & her stock is for hold until July 20, so if I want to exchange, I have to go back on that day. (or.. maybe she didn't want me to exchange it?) If what she said was true, there should be some saved until the 20th! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bronzer had a big crack near the pan & I tried to bring it in the exchange it, but the lady at the NARS counter told me I can't exchange it since it's sold out online & her stock is for hold until July 20, so if I want to exchange, I have to go back on that day. (or.. maybe she didn't want me to exchange it?) If what she said was true, there should be some saved until the 20th! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That would be good! I'm not going to buy one, but after sharing this info with some friends, I know some ladies who have been dying to pick one up. If there really is stock that was held back, that would please them greatly! And it makes me happy for everyone who hasn't been able to get one yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anniversary sale is online! Got my palette. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I gotta order a replacement since mine has a crack & it's been like that since I got it. I tried to use a brush over cause it usually covers it up, but the crack is so much deeper :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if this one will sell out faster than Danmari, since the shades in it seem to be more popular.

I wonder if this one will sell out faster than Danmari, since the shades in it seem to be more popular.
I wish I would have picked up danmari when it was around! I have been dying to get my hands on one of these blush palettes. I waited till midnight and ordered this thing. I think it took me 90 seconds to check out. From finding to creating an account, down to confirming. I wouldnt be suprised if it sells out within the hour.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I would have picked up danmari when it was around! I have been dying to get my hands on one of these blush palettes. I waited till midnight and ordered this thing. I think it took me 90 seconds to check out. From finding to creating an account, down to confirming. I wouldnt be suprised if it sells out within the hour.
I wish I had gotten Danmari, but I don't feel as bad about missing it as I think I would feel if I had missed this one. This might sell out if resellers get on and scoop them up. I thought about an extra for a blog giveaway, but I have other stuff to give out.

I wish I had gotten Danmari, but I don't feel as bad about missing it as I think I would feel if I had missed this one. This might sell out if resellers get on and scoop them up. I thought about an extra for a blog giveaway, but I have other stuff to give out.
I like the colors in this one, but im not too sure until I play around with it. I worry that the shades are better for fair tones rather than my tan skin, compared to danmari.

Mine is now sitting at my apartment's office lol grrr. I am leaving work early tonight so they don't close before I get home.

Back